$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Poor show

Poor show

This is a discussion for the topic Poor show on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Poor show  (Read 3159 times)

Ribbflagman

• A little respect please...
on: November 13, 2021, 08:48:11 PM
Not 1 post on here in 14 days. What's gone wrong with this board. At least you boys from Selby were always regular posters. Let's see some posts. Informative updates and most importantly some fun comments.
Come on boys.

Flagged.

Completely Neutral

• One of the boys
Reply #1 on: November 13, 2021, 09:18:01 PM
Selby won’t be saying much tonight based that they got hammered at home 😂😂😂

Bren

• Forum old hand
Reply #2 on: November 13, 2021, 09:52:34 PM
But they did get 4 teams out today 👍👍
#lovesport

ponte animal

• One of the boys
Reply #3 on: November 13, 2021, 11:23:36 PM
Ponte played some great rugby today but Rish very competetive. Some good players in there, especially young ginger haired flanker, well played. Must be a worrying result for Selby as far as top four goes. Reckon thats a good result for Crocs, but home v Ponte next week should be a cracker.

Oldandslow

Reply #4 on: November 14, 2021, 06:40:53 AM
I was a visitor at Ponte yesterday some good rugby played by both sides and good to see so many younger players on show. Think the score would have been closer had Rish realised just how wide the Ponte pitch is compared to their home ground first three Ponte tries resulted from simple moving the ball wide.

Sorry Ponte Animal think Crocs will be too strong for you next week.

Also think this is not a vintage year in Yorkshire 1 too many sides struggling with small squad and getting their best side on the field.

ponte animal

• One of the boys
Reply #5 on: November 14, 2021, 08:58:05 AM
Crocs favorites at home for sure Slowers,
but should be close. Your point about standard is irrelevant, the leagues are what they are and hard working clubs doing well in difficult times should be praised not told they are only doing well because the standard is poor.

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #6 on: November 14, 2021, 09:27:33 AM
Slow

Can’t agree .. saw pont v rush yesterday .. absolutely cracking game in all aspects . There are some very good sides in Y 1 ….  Middlesbrough probably best side in League but crocs and ponty are in the mix .. only Goole I think who are struggling a little .

Not sure about next week, and that’s my go to game, Should be a right old tussle .. love it .

Great ref at Ponty yesterday and both sides should have pride in their efforts and conduct .. fantastic ! 

Oldandslow

Reply #7 on: November 14, 2021, 12:10:58 PM
Slow

Can’t agree .. saw pont v rush yesterday .. absolutely cracking game in all aspects . There are some very good sides in Y 1 ….  Middlesbrough probably best side in League but crocs and ponty are in the mix .. only Goole I think who are struggling a little .

Not sure about next week, and that’s my go to game, Should be a right old tussle .. love it .

Great ref at Ponty yesterday and both sides should have pride in their efforts and conduct .. fantastic !

Alf not seen Middlesbrough but everyone tells me they are a good side when they have a full squad available and I accept Crocs and Ponte will be in the top four come season end. However It’s not just Goole who are struggling for me the bottom five from YMCA downwards are in for a long hard season unless they are able to strengthen their squads.

Good luck to Ponte at Crocs I don’t remember it being a happy hunting ground for Ponte.

Think I’m going to be in the East Riding next Saturday so it’s either Driffield v Heath or Beverley v Brid for me.

howzat

• One of the boys
Reply #8 on: November 15, 2021, 09:46:14 AM
There is a real divide in the quality of teams in the league this year and I think by the end of the season there will be a significant points gap between the top half and bottom half.
By the end of the season I reckon top 4 will be:

Crocs
Middlesbrough
Ponte
West Leeds

ponte animal

• One of the boys
Reply #9 on: November 15, 2021, 10:39:16 AM
Good shout, reckon Selby and Brid will be pushing the bottom two of that group. Long way to go, squad depth will be key.

howzat

• One of the boys
Reply #10 on: November 15, 2021, 11:52:45 AM
Looking at the results from Saturday Brid pushed Old Crocs. Defiantly a lot of rugby to be played and I think as you say squad depth will be crucial as well as consistently picking up 5 points against the likes of Goole, Leos and Salem.

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #11 on: November 16, 2021, 08:29:02 AM
Howzers

Think that top four is probably accurate on current form …

Long way to go and who has best physio might be the difference … mud and mauling just round the corner so things will change …eg.  Smoggies play a really fast handling game… havnt seen west leeds as yet but all the teams I’ve have seen have been ‘home grown’ and seem to be really good lads . There does seem to be a sense of fun in most clubhouses which is really good to see… some of these teams wouldn’t go unstuck in the league above either .