$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Predictions for 20/11/2021

Author Topic: Predictions for 20/11/2021  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Divide

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
Predictions for 20/11/2021
« on: November 19, 2021, 02:54:53 PM »

As there has been multiple complaints about the silence on this Forum.  Lets have a go at some predictions.

Beverley   vs   Bridlington 12-20
Bridlington to win - Bridlington too much for Beverley up front. Beverley really struggling in the forwards (Injuries i assume?). Beverley still a difficult place to go on any day with the bonkers balcony.

Bradford Salem   vs   Leodiensian 30-25
The battle of the bottom, don't know what current state Salem are in due to Injuries again but think they might just pip it. Salem a young side, can they be bullied up front?

Middlesbrough   vs   Roundhegians 45-12
Middlesbrough will look to extend on last weeks win over Selby, hoping for Crocs to drop points against Pontefract. Some big lumps at Roundhegians, will they keep up with the pace?
Middlesbrough without Rhys Kilbride the Talisman winger for the 2nd week running.

Old Crossleyans   vs   Pontefract 10-12
Old Crossleyans will want a win after last weeks draw, however i few knocks might Hinder them. Small pitch which the Ponte 10 will want to exploit for the 50-22. Close game and match of the weekend for me.

Old Rishworthian   vs   Huddersfield Y.M.C.A.    24-15
Old Rish forwards to take it to YMCA. The boot will win the day i think on the small pitch and the super boot of the Rish 10 (if playing).

Selby   vs   Goole  35-16
Derby Day. Selby looking to forget about last saturdays defeat. Goole looking to extend on their couple of wins, big game for Goole as Salem play Leos and ideally they drop points.
Selby may finally get to play some flowing rugby this week.

West Leeds   vs   Dinnington 29-20
West leeds playing some great open rugby, play well through the phases and dangerous on both wings. Dinnington big and tough up front. This will surely be a good game to watch however home advantage to take it.

Offline howzat

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
Re: Predictions for 20/11/2021
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 03:13:52 PM »
Beverley   vs   Bridlington 50-10
Bridlington to win by a cricket score. Recruitment seems to have sent them on a upwards trajectory and Bev have been all over the place this season.

Bradford Salem   vs   Leodiensian 21-7
Salem to pip it- Salem's young side should be able to stand up to Leos small pack and finally hold out for a win.

Middlesbrough   vs   Roundhegians 65-5
Another cricket score here I reckon. Middlesbrough will be far to strong in both the backs and forwards.

Old Crossleyans   vs   Pontefract 21-14
Agreed that this will be the best game of the weekend with ramifications for top 4. Old Crocs to pip with home advantage.

Old Rishworthian   vs   Huddersfield Y.M.C.A.    35-15
Convincing win for Rish, Huddersfield seem to have fallen apart after their preseason hype.

Selby v Goole 14-10
Real difficult one to call, both sides seemed to leak lots of points last week. Selbys scrum to win them the game.

West Leeds   vs   Dinnington 35-10
Should be a relatively comfortable win for West Leeds, playing attractive rugby with a solid set piece. Should be to much for Dinnington with home field advantage.

Offline Alf Hart

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 09:58:51 PM »
Bevers v Neil’s fishy fingers … Brid’s bring and buy boys now too good for the ex big spenders parachuting to there true League status . If Brid’s number 7 avoids his late, high shots, shoulder charges and stays on  that is .

Salem v Leo’s .. great bunch of lads the Leo’s and a decent team .. Leo’s just 

Smogsters v not a real place somewhere in north east leeds .. smoggies will win league and doubt they’ll  lose at home this season therein … too fast , organised and cavalier for the roundeggs.

Crocs v ponty … tough game but home side on their postage stamp pitch difficult to beat .. who maintains best discipline wins … therefore it’s crocs .

Rish v ym … good team rish an easy home win

Selby v Goole.. chiefy and chums by a couple …

West leeds v Dinno I can’t find my way to either of these places … Dinno can’t play for toffee away from home … wests by plenty .

Offline ponte animal

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2021, 09:27:58 AM »
Bev v Brid Home advantage and a recent upturn in form to make it close but still go for big spending desperation to come through

Salem v Leos Very close, only got formbook to go on with BS but go for Leos if their good number 8 playing.

Midd v Hegians Midd all the way, by how much depends on what team Hegians put out.

Crocs v Ponte Noted from last weeks report that Crocs had a red card and a few injuries which might make a difference but on their own patch go for Crocs with Ponte picking up a BP. If Crocs can match the Ponte front five it could be comfortable as a young Ponte side concede too easily at times.

Rish v YM Rish all the way. Rish a decent team to finish halfway or above.

Selby v Goole A month ago a very comfortable home win but a recent change in form from both sides should provide a closer game. Still go for a double BP win for Selby.

West Leeds v Dinnington Tough game but home advantage key for a side challenging for top 4

Offline Stevo

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2021, 03:59:26 PM »
Bevers v Neil’s fishy fingers … Brid’s bring and buy boys now too good for the ex big spenders parachuting to there true League status . If Brid’s number 7 avoids his late, high shots, shoulder charges and stays on  that is .

Salem v Leo’s .. great bunch of lads the Leo’s and a decent team .. Leo’s just 

Smogsters v not a real place somewhere in north east leeds .. smoggies will win league and doubt they’ll  lose at home this season therein … too fast , organised and cavalier for the roundeggs.

Crocs v ponty … tough game but home side on their postage stamp pitch difficult to beat .. who maintains best discipline wins … therefore it’s crocs .

Rish v ym … good team rish an easy home win

Selby v Goole.. chiefy and chums by a couple …

West leeds v Dinno I can’t find my way to either of these places … Dinno can’t play for toffee away from home … wests by plenty .

Alf Hart - I see your knowledge about Dinno is awful, we lost by 3!!!!!

Offline ponte animal

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2021, 05:18:28 PM »
He was right about discipline at Crocs, Ponte with a front row straight red before half time with Ponte scrum dominant (not for dissent though Alf).

Offline Alf Hart

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2021, 06:12:55 PM »
Stevo ers

My knowledge of Dinno is lancashire .. I get lost every time I visit .. you still lost though .. and I maintain you are a different proposition a’tome .

Animal .. I went to Crocs today … thought the referee a touch sympathetic to the home side … two ponte yellows in the first half near their own line were fair calls for technical offences  .. similar infringements from home side on their line penalties only however. The red was farcical … crocs scrum was terrible all match and should have been several yellows for them at scrum time ..they were absolutely steam rollered all game at the scrum . Ponty scoring a push over try and a crocs player slips his binding punches Ponty prop twice in the face .. he stands up pushes the guy away ( definitely a push ) in doing so he makes contact with his opponents face with his palm resulting in a red .. nothing for the crocs puncher .. the crocs 8 was guilty of throwing punches twice in the first half , spoken to twice , on third occasion he jumps in on the Ponty prop who got carded and he gets only a yellow .. crocs were lucky to get the rub from the ref . Ponty were down to thirteen for twenty minutes and 14 for the whole of second half … personally I think the decisions were wrong and defined the result .second half was a penalty fest . Didn’t enjoy it much to be honest .. nice pint and chat beforehand was the highlight of the day ..

Offline emperormole

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2021, 09:59:05 AM »
Unusual for such a dominant scrum in a tight game to lose, regardless of cards. Are Ponte not up to much with ball in hand  I take it?

Stevo ers

My knowledge of Dinno is lancashire .. I get lost every time I visit .. you still lost though .. and I maintain you are a different proposition a’tome .

Animal .. I went to Crocs today … thought the referee a touch sympathetic to the home side … two ponte yellows in the first half near their own line were fair calls for technical offences  .. similar infringements from home side on their line penalties only however. The red was farcical … crocs scrum was terrible all match and should have been several yellows for them at scrum time ..they were absolutely steam rollered all game at the scrum . Ponty scoring a push over try and a crocs player slips his binding punches Ponty prop twice in the face .. he stands up pushes the guy away ( definitely a push ) in doing so he makes contact with his opponents face with his palm resulting in a red .. nothing for the crocs puncher .. the crocs 8 was guilty of throwing punches twice in the first half , spoken to twice , on third occasion he jumps in on the Ponty prop who got carded and he gets only a yellow .. crocs were lucky to get the rub from the ref . Ponty were down to thirteen for twenty minutes and 14 for the whole of second half … personally I think the decisions were wrong and defined the result .second half was a penalty fest . Didn’t enjoy it much to be honest .. nice pint and chat beforehand was the highlight of the day ..

Offline Alf Hart

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2021, 11:05:22 AM »
Molers

Crocs are lean quick and fast … they’re excellent defence( one for you giddyant) won them the game plus a number 8 who thinks he’s king konk … their scrum was terrible .. worst I’ve seen in a long  time with two teams from same league … how the ref didn’t use his card was mystifying … lost count of penalties for popping up, falling, usual fat chumpery when struggling . Ponty failed to use there massive advantage well for sure .. it was energetic stuff but very very tedious .