$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Predictions 27.11.21

Predictions 27.11.21

This is a discussion for the topic Predictions 27.11.21 on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Predictions 27.11.21  (Read 5232 times)

hobbo

• Legend
Reply #15 on: November 27, 2021, 10:06:33 AM
Early call by Wibsey = points deduction, right or wrong with weather not being great.
When did they call it?

Pomfresian

• Legend
  • duplex crucis
Reply #16 on: November 27, 2021, 10:29:07 AM
I go with Beachy with this. Too many clubs are struggling to get one team together let alone two or three. Unfortunately over the last few seasons the quality of rugby has certainly suffered as a result. Clubs are fortunate just to put fifteen players on the park most weeks and that's the home fixtures!. Gone are the days of the coal mine mentality where you could just clock in and get paid.

Rugby League has historically been Castleford's biggest challenge for players as is the same with most West Yorkshire Union clubs but the RL is having similar issues as you might expect and the quality of RL at the moment in the Amateur game is miles behind where it was just three years ago. Changing League seasons to stifle each others start or finish is something both codes need to be concerned with, particularly RL, who will do anything to interrupt the start of the union season

With regards to the Northern RFU document that was sent out to clubs last month. `Game on Principles` how relevant was Wibsey only having nine available players in lieu of ten? Has any club thus far implemented the suggestion?

Pomfresian

• Legend
  • duplex crucis
Reply #17 on: November 27, 2021, 10:32:56 AM
Friday morning hobbo.

We are fortunate in having the pitches down at Methley, so the weather would need to be extreme or the roads too dangerous to travel on for the game to be called off for the weather oldfart

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #18 on: November 27, 2021, 10:35:04 AM
Medics v Pythons is off. Facilities at Sheffield are closed due to the weather

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #19 on: November 27, 2021, 10:43:26 AM
Skipton v Barnsley is also off

oneoftheoldfarts

• One of the boys
Reply #20 on: November 27, 2021, 11:02:08 AM
Hobbo, it was on here at 4.32pm yesterday, only nine available.

hobbo

• Legend
Reply #21 on: November 27, 2021, 01:18:08 PM
Friday morning hobbo.

We are fortunate in having the pitches down at Methley, so the weather would need to be extreme or the roads too dangerous to travel on for the game to be called off for the weather oldfart

Quite early then?
I can’t speak for anywhere else but the roads around us have been a nightmare. GF drove to Ossett this morning and was several crashes and abandoned cars.

Pomfresian

• Legend
  • duplex crucis
Reply #22 on: November 27, 2021, 01:54:11 PM
That's quite normal in Ossett hobbo!    :)

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #23 on: November 27, 2021, 04:23:42 PM
Hemsworth vs Knottingley called off due to ref not turning up till just before 3 with him travelling from Halifax. Would have been kicking off after 3 once he was ready and warmed up, so it's been rearranged.

Mud pig

• One of the boys
Reply #24 on: November 28, 2021, 07:51:16 AM
Well beachy that’s come as a bit of a shock! The referee not turning up/being 45 mins late that must be a first? I did make the trip and saw the field empty, I arrived at around 2.20 and saw a hive of activity around the changing rooms. I waited 15 mins then left for the warm comfort of home. You know hemsworths bad when even the refs don’t want to go there  :D

Pomfresian

• Legend
  • duplex crucis
Reply #25 on: November 28, 2021, 09:30:00 AM
Hemsworth vs Knottingley called off due to ref not turning up till just before 3 with him travelling from Halifax. Would have been kicking off after 3 once he was ready and warmed up, so it's been rearranged.

Beachy no mischief intended honestly, more information and learning; did the referee, players or officials discuss the `Game on principles` document? As I understand from reading it, the game could have been reduced in time to accommodate if both teams agreed.

I think on a better day or perhaps before the clocks went back both teams would have just hung on.

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #26 on: November 28, 2021, 11:09:10 AM
I agree Pommski if it had still been the later kick offs it probably wouldn't have been an issue but with it being earlier now and getting darker around 4 it made it a bit of a squeeze. We also had a few lads who had to get straight off to work and would have had to leave the game early due to the delay so not ideal. We could have shortened the game I suppose but never really got mentioned, one for next time maybe!

Pomfresian

• Legend
  • duplex crucis
Reply #27 on: November 28, 2021, 12:32:59 PM
Yeah I'm not sure whether the document is fanciful thinking or not yet myself Beachy. If as suggested by the Nth RFU it is what we have all decided on via the surveys then all clubs must refer to it in their decision making?

This really ought to be led by the referees in such circumstances? and perhaps the relevant officials of the club(s) knowing the same...

Competitive rugby is just that and a compromise position; should it not go your clubs way, may be reasons why teams wouldn't be willing to take the suggestions up.

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #28 on: November 28, 2021, 01:23:14 PM
I mean it probably should be led by the referee but he wasn't there so that's your main problem. All the other clubs officials and coaches were involved and that's the decision that was agreed upon.