$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; This weekends fixtures.

This weekends fixtures.

This is a discussion for the topic This weekends fixtures. on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: This weekends fixtures.  (Read 7895 times)

MORLEYBOI

• Finding my feet
Reply #30 on: November 27, 2021, 09:54:05 PM
The state of the changing rooms at Heath today was a disgrace,left in a mess and the 2nd team changing rooms damaged.Shame on such a good club,a few people letting them down.Hopefully they will pay for the damage caused.

Alright Mr Sales, try give the club a call before slating us. Good win and hope the clubhouse is bouncing.

Mrs Sales actually and I’m sure the club will be in touch. Such a shame after a great afternoon

omigidiant

• Legend
Reply #31 on: November 27, 2021, 11:01:56 PM
Welcome to the forum calderdale melt

Not sure how to take that. I assume it’s meant as a derogatory remark. Perhaps if you have something positive to say about the the rugby where you emanate from we would all be happy to hear your comments.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 11:05:03 PM by omigidiant »
Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Shed

• Forum old hand
Reply #32 on: November 28, 2021, 12:11:52 AM
The state of the changing rooms at Heath today was a disgrace,left in a mess and the 2nd team changing rooms damaged.Shame on such a good club,a few people letting them down.Hopefully they will pay for the damage caused.

Alright Mr Sales, try give the club a call before slating us. Good win and hope the clubhouse is bouncing.

Mrs Sales actually and I’m sure the club will be in touch. Such a shame after a great afternoon

Must be annoying that we mentioned before we left and asked heath to let us know. Sprog has my number.

Id concentrate on coming up with some backs plays if I was you, those boys looked cold.

TenPencePete6

• Finding my feet
Reply #33 on: November 28, 2021, 12:36:22 PM
Looks like Woodhead Boy has retained his bitterness of recent years when typically… the Woodhead wheels come off over the winter seasons!

Not sure if it’s the bitter taste of a derby loss remaining on the palette… or if the saltiness of the tears sure to be located within the pints at Woodhead last night have driven such negativity…

An issue that was often reflected on amongst many of the teams last year within Yorkshire 1. Yorkshire 1 is better off without the ‘woodhead boys’ … good riddance and all that.

Shed

• Forum old hand
Reply #34 on: November 28, 2021, 01:17:49 PM
Looks like Woodhead Boy has retained his bitterness of recent years when typically… the Woodhead wheels come off over the winter seasons!

Not sure if it’s the bitter taste of a derby loss remaining on the palette… or if the saltiness of the tears sure to be located within the pints at Woodhead last night have driven such negativity…

An issue that was often reflected on amongst many of the teams last year within Yorkshire 1. Yorkshire 1 is better off without the ‘woodhead boys’ … good riddance and all that.

No bitterness here, the best team on the day won a great game of rugby, and we will go again.

Not a fan of Mr Sales slinging the mud before approaching anyone at the club. 

Differ Lid

• Forum old hand
Reply #35 on: November 28, 2021, 06:04:36 PM
Bradford & Bingley  14 - 38  Driffield   
Durham City  16 - 14 Consett   
Heath  19 - 18  Old Brodleians   
Pocklington  20 - 7  Cleckheaton

Nice to see the bees imports only kept the score 37 point s

Bradfords imports had the desired impact and prevented a repeat of the previous weeks result. (The coach was very clear he didn’t want another 98-0 and visiting Catterick Barracks during the week was apparently the only way to do that)

Scrappy game, Driff will be happy with the 5 points, but plenty to work on!

Master_Knowledge

• Forum old hand
Reply #36 on: November 28, 2021, 07:59:06 PM
Any truth in the rumour that a Heath forward was threatening to kill one of the brods lads as he walked through the tunnel?

Puts a broken ceiling panel into perspective really.

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #37 on: November 28, 2021, 08:13:28 PM
I've had several (and I mean several) PMs about this match. If I was irresponsible I would start posting them each day this week. But I'm not.

One or two people from that part of Yorkshire.need to seriously get a grip.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Master_Knowledge

• Forum old hand
Reply #38 on: November 28, 2021, 08:21:57 PM
I was looking for a yes or no.

Not for some know it all dosser from the rectum of the east coast to take the moral high ground.

Kellythorpe

• One of the boys
Reply #39 on: November 28, 2021, 09:21:46 PM
So cold in Bradford! Must have something to do with the handling mistakes on show. Wind down the pitch made a difference hence Drif found it hard to get out of their half in second period. Also Drif gave a lot of 2nd half penalties away, which I found some difficult to understand. Good 1st half by Drif when the game was won.

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #40 on: November 28, 2021, 10:36:37 PM
I was looking for a yes or no.

Not for some know it all dosser from the rectum of the east coast to take the moral high ground.
Love it.....

Someone is hurting. It's only a game sausage!
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Pristine Shorts

Reply #41 on: November 29, 2021, 09:14:57 AM
I’m rather partial to game sausage ! Sorry to miss the Scarborough match ( and lunch ) this weekend. I presume the rearranged fixture will be February 5th.

Will see you then, as SA seems unlikely !

Broughton

• Finding my feet
Reply #42 on: November 29, 2021, 04:14:39 PM
I watched Heath 19 v 18 Old Brod's on Saturday, as this was one of the few games still on. The groundsmen at Heath had done a great job and the pitch was in good condition, despite the elements. The game was hard and uncompromising, with the lead changing a handful of times throughout the game. 

The Brod's played really well , but were undone in the final few minutes, when Heath's tenacious forwards scored an unconverted try in the corner.  Neither side deserved to lose.... but Heath came away with the spoils. It was a fabulous advert for the strength of rugby in North One and Halifax in particular.

Well done to both sets of players for displaying skill , strength and determination. I hope you enjoyed the ferocity of the contest, as much as I did watching it !

Games as close as this, are the ones you remember most, when you are retired !