$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Saturday’s Games

Saturday’s Games

This is a discussion for the topic Saturday’s Games on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Saturday’s Games  (Read 5735 times)

Calderdale hound

• Finding my feet
Reply #15 on: December 05, 2021, 07:04:59 AM
Excellent game at Stacks Field, the result exactly reflecting the difference between the two sides. The players enjoyed it and so did the large crowd, buoyed by the presence of so many ex-players. Three tries to two and lots of kicking, but still - a great game.

Nice to see things are getting back on track after the troubles of late just shows you don’t need to be offering jack a mortgage to play!! you seem To be coping fine without him long may in continue for this great AMATEUR club in the heart of the ilkley community!

Memory_Man

• Legend
Reply #16 on: December 05, 2021, 10:29:19 AM
Some say the “Lowesmistro” is having nightmares about the “Balti house boys” turning up to Stacks field in January  :-X ???

Not sure what all that means but I’m sure Town will be happy taking them on in their own midden in January, although why that is relevant today I don’t know.  Maybe the Ilkley blazers are scared. Maybe they should be!

Rumour is Ilkley have requested to play it behind closed doors as to not hurt anyones feelings and let King Lowes concentrate on his penalty count and abusing officials. 

Johnosjstrap

• Finding my feet
Reply #17 on: December 05, 2021, 04:53:16 PM
Re the Ilkley mortgage fiasco, this isn't exactly a new scenario, there's some on here who'll be hoping their own clubs' historic arrangements don't come to light......

......these things will always be going on, sadly.

dadbod14

• Finding my feet
Reply #18 on: December 05, 2021, 08:00:40 PM
Scarbs have been v quiet this year. Any thoughts on the result this weekend BRB

medici

• One of the boys
Reply #19 on: December 05, 2021, 10:16:28 PM

Cleck played to the horrible conditions much better and deserved the win. 
Should also add the Referee was very good.

Calderdale hound

• Finding my feet
Reply #20 on: December 06, 2021, 07:04:20 AM
Re the Ilkley mortgage fiasco, this isn't exactly a new scenario, there's some on here who'll be hoping their own clubs' historic arrangements don't come to light......

What makes this unique is how dobby etc babble on the Facebook posts how they are a amateur club and people play for the love of the game not for money when I know a few players ex and present who pick up brown envelopes from the blazer boys after the games I don’t have a issue with this at all but when you see them keep going on how they are “amateur” makes me laugh and now this whole paying the Mortgage fiasco!!

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #21 on: December 06, 2021, 07:40:26 AM
Well I posted the half time and full time score/result. Did you??
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

dadbod14

• Finding my feet
Reply #22 on: December 06, 2021, 09:17:51 AM
 ;D ;D

Pristine Shorts

• A little respect please...
Reply #23 on: December 06, 2021, 09:31:57 AM

What makes this unique is how dobby etc babble on the Facebook posts how they are a amateur club and people play for the love of the game not for money when I know a few players ex and present who pick up brown envelopes from the blazer boys after the games I don’t have a issue with this at all but when you see them keep going on how they are “amateur” makes me laugh and now this whole paying the Mortgage fiasco!!

Not sure what all these remarks about Ilkley are about. Looking back at all the FB posts over the past six weeks, the only reference to being ‘amateur’ or ‘non-paying’ or whatever, was in the Pocklington match report ( which wasn’t written by Andrew Dobson by the way )

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #24 on: December 06, 2021, 09:26:44 PM
Shorters

They’re Yanking your pants sir ..

Best day out I’ve had so far this season was at Ilkey .. easily .. think you should take it all as a compliment . Brods next for me … time for some self flagellation …

Johnosjstrap

• Finding my feet
Reply #25 on: December 07, 2021, 10:05:19 AM

Totally agree re hypocrisy from anywhere.