$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results 04.12.21

Results 04.12.21

This is a discussion for the topic Results 04.12.21 on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Results 04.12.21  (Read 4446 times)

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
on: December 04, 2021, 04:26:52 PM
Barnsley 10 - 0 Bramley Phoenix
Harrogate Pythons 67 - 7 Hemsworth
Old Otliensians 0 - 43 Sheffield Medicals
Ossett 17 - 22 Castleford
West Park Leeds 17 - 8 Burley
Wibsey P - P Halifax Vandals

BEZ

• Forum old hand
Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 04:28:33 PM
Knottingley 13 Skipton 11 

hobbo

• Legend
Reply #2 on: December 04, 2021, 05:49:09 PM
Good win for Smeds!
Cracking game at Shaw Lane today. Despite conditions there was some good rugby on show. Both sides enjoyed playing with ball in hand. I think our defence in the first half probably edged it. Scored a close range try early on in the 2nd and that was the game, 50/50 for the last 30 mins. 
Different result to the last time I played against Bramley which was in Jan 2005 and we won 54-5.
Credit to their lads they turned up to play and kept pressing to the end. Look forward to the return fixture!

Mud pig

• One of the boys
Reply #3 on: December 04, 2021, 07:47:23 PM
What a cracker I witnessed today down at Knotts.
 I’ll admit I thought it would be a breeze in the park for the boys in blue and white, but boy was I wrong! Skipton fancied this double header and they nearly took it missing a kick In the last minute to draw the game.
 Knotts lost bev early on but they had a shuffle and to be honest their pack seemed to dominate skipton in the scrum. I was impressed with skiptons orc looking hooker he had a fantastic game. Knotts lost a bam bam (I think) and their other centre through what looked like muscle injuries and I think they pulled somebody off the street called pobber who couldn’t catch a cold never mind a ball.
 A fantastic game of Yorkshire 3 rugby it was well worth the cold weather.

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #4 on: December 04, 2021, 09:10:57 PM
Not too much to say about today’s game really. We dominated pretty much every aspect of the game and Hemsworth didn’t really have a sniff. They stuck at it though and got over the line on the last play to give themselves something to take back with them. Looks like some really hard fought games elsewhere.

Dropped It

• Forum old hand
  • Can't catch, won't kick.
Reply #5 on: December 04, 2021, 10:16:07 PM
We found out the game called off today at 12:50pm. We had boys that had arrived in the car park at 12:45pm and no Wibsey players to be seen? Quite surprising considering the ref apparently only called it 5mins later.... let's be generous and say bad communication. 

The Fisher King

Reply #6 on: December 04, 2021, 10:55:05 PM
We found out the game called off today at 12:50pm. We had boys that had arrived in the car park at 12:45pm and no Wibsey players to be seen? Quite surprising considering the ref apparently only called it 5mins later.... let's be generous and say bad communication.

Wibsey? What’s going on?

Pomfresian

• Legend
  • duplex crucis
Reply #7 on: December 05, 2021, 07:50:03 AM
Don't you just love Mud Pig pretending he doesn't know the names of the Knottingley players..... ;) Mr. incognito or what.

Mud pig

• One of the boys
Reply #8 on: December 05, 2021, 10:21:45 AM
pommy I don’t go into the clubhouse or get mixed in when I spectate I like to stand out the way and watch the games, then as soon as they’re done I make a quick retreat back to my home to get warmed up! I only here the names of their players from distance so some I may get wrong but I can only commit to paper what I think I’ve heard.
 Looks like another close shave for the cash cows of ca$

BEZ

• Forum old hand
Reply #9 on: December 05, 2021, 11:24:48 AM
pommy I don’t go into the clubhouse or get mixed in when I spectate I like to stand out the way and watch the games, then as soon as they’re done I make a quick retreat back to my home to get warmed up! I only here the names of their players from distance so some I may get wrong but I can only commit to paper what I think I’ve heard.

Tough win for us yesterday. Lost 3 players to injury who couldn’t return. But the lads who stepped in battled it out and got the win. Skipton had a conversion in the final minute to equal the score but he hit the post. With the last minute been played, Bit of class from Eadsy in defence to turn the ball over at the ruck for a penalty… Game over and that will see us with league points and through to the next round of the cup.

Mud Pig 😂 you are funny. Whoever you are 

Regards
Bev

Mud pig

• One of the boys
Reply #10 on: December 05, 2021, 02:18:23 PM
My sincerest apologies Bez I thought they were shouting bev! I do hope your injury isn’t as bad as it looked or sounded I thought somebody was slaughtering a suckling pig at first.

Tough win for us yesterday. Lost 3 players to injury who couldn’t return. But the lads who stepped in battled it out and got the win. Skipton had a conversion in the final minute to equal the score but he hit the post. With the last minute been played, Bit of class from Eadsy in defence to turn the ball over at the ruck for a penalty… Game over and that will see us with league points and through to the next round of the cup.

Regards
Bev

hobbo

• Legend
Reply #11 on: December 05, 2021, 02:19:43 PM

Regards
Bev

Just a bit of food for thought. What would have happened if the game had tied after 80? It was a double header wasn’t it? Would the league result record a draw then go into ET for the cup result?

Pomfresian

• Legend
  • duplex crucis
Reply #12 on: December 05, 2021, 05:19:48 PM
Mid Pug I think I have seen you at the games now you have described yourself, apologies I rang the police on two occasions...

Good to see you support the team you love so much through the hard times as well as the good. Do you take your flask of coco in a plastic carrier bag and wrap your sandwiches in newspaper?

Bev, as always mate a good balanced view of the game. I think you would have had to play at Skipton with the cup result and the league fixture a draw obviously? At this time of year you wouldn't have been able to play any overtime without adequate floodlights?

Didn't go to the first XV fixture I stayed at Cas and watched our future money earners play in the seconds Vs Ossett 2nds. Apparently the game could have gone either way and had we had lost, we wouldn't have been hard done by. Sometimes it just goes for you and on other days you lose even though you were the better team I guess.

Pomfreezin

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #13 on: December 05, 2021, 06:08:12 PM
I believe the draw would have stood for the league fixture Hobbo and then we would have played extra time to determine the cup fixture. Either way happy to see the kick hit the post and save us any longer in the mud! Skipton were a big set of lads and think they'll pose anybody problems especially on their home patch too. Pommie if you know who Mud Pig is please tell the rest of us it's the biggest mystery in Knottingley at the minute.

BEZ

• Forum old hand
Reply #14 on: December 05, 2021, 06:56:57 PM
My sincerest apologies Bez I thought they were shouting bev! I do hope your injury isn’t as bad as it looked or sounded I thought somebody was slaughtering a suckling pig at first.

Regards
Bev

You’re right pig…it just went pop and down I went, faster than Pomfresians Gyro on a Thursday. 

Hopefully you will introduce yourself now that I’ll Be on the touchlines.