$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Predictions 18.12.21

Author Topic: Predictions 18.12.21  (Read 1044 times)

Offline gateprop

• Legend
    • View Profile
Predictions 18.12.21
« on: December 13, 2021, 10:18:50 PM »
Last round of 2021, hopefully a full one. Pretty much abandoned the predictions league so just have a crack at guessing the results and add a bit of banter.

Castleford v Sheffield Medicals
Halifax Vandals v West Park Leeds
Harrogate Pythons v Burley
Knottingley v Barnsley
Old Otliensians v Bramley Phoenix
Ossett v Hemsworth
Wibsey v Skipton

Offline Pomfresian

• Legend
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    • View Profile
Re: Predictions 18.12.21
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 07:12:10 AM »
Castleford v Sheffield Medicals. This should be a home win, lets hope the sleigh didn't get parked last week.
Halifax Vandals v West Park Leeds. This will be a tough day out for WPL but the spirit of the side should make it a good contest
Harrogate Pythons v Burley Two evenly matched sides with the same playing strengths. Burley are due a win and this week I reckon they will kick start their season
Knottingley v Barnsley Surely a limited player availability for the home side? Barnsley to continue their winning run against a struggling team
Old Otliensians v Bramley Phoenix OO`s are at home so will raise a team. Bramley have far too much guile for a team not at the races
Ossett v Hemsworth. Ossett have the playing style to make this a difficult afternoon for Hems
Wibsey v Skipton Again Wibs being at home should raise a side. Skipton based on commitment alone should win this one

Offline Caravanboys

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 08:07:07 AM »
Castleford v medics- think Christmas might hit the students as they return home as it will for a few sides Cas home win
Vandals v WPL - could be a similar thing here comfortable home win
Harrogate v Burley- Burley might travel a bit light so home win here
Knotts v Barnsley- hope all the injuries have healed for the home fixture , sorry I meant all the isolations to get the game going but that said Barnsley to win. J
Otley v Bramley- hope this game goes ahead as it might be the last for quite a while
Ossett v Hemsworth- home win
Wibsey v Skipton- Russian roulette with who turns up for Wibsey, but ether way skipton to win

I hope all sides manage to put out a team to end the year and cross finger nothing interferes with fixtures after Christmas.
27th December  Bramley have there traditional under 30 v over 30 fixture all welcome 12 meet.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 08:08:45 AM by Caravanboys »

Offline Leroy Jenkins

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2021, 11:49:27 AM »
castleford vs Medics - same as last week, don’t think many people relish Cas away. Especially given the students season so far. Home win.

Vandals vs WPL - Halifax ground out a tough win against a decent Ossett side last week, would wager a similarly close win this week against the rich men from North Leeds.

Pythons vs Burley - the snakes just don’t lose against teams lower in the table than them. Imagine if they weren’t scared of teams above them!

Knottingley vs Barnsley - two weeks ago I’d have backed Knottingley but having seen them cower away from Bramley and sliding down the table it’s got the feel of a bubble bursting…

Otley vs Bramley - Away team far too good at the moment for Otley. Bramley worthy of 2nd place going into Christmas.

Wibsey vs Skipton - BD postcode so Skipton may actually travel! Would normally back Wibsey in this one but they seem to be on the verge of folding. Hopefully get some new players in January

Offline Beachy

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2021, 09:09:06 PM »
Castleford v Sheffield Medicals - Hopefully not all the young doctors have gone home for Christmas and they can run Cas around the field, they might just nick it.
Halifax Vandals v West Park Leeds - Tough one to call but given the Orcs are at home in their natural environment on Mount Doom I think they'll take this.
Harrogate Pythons v Burley - Burley have shown they're a good outfit but I think Pythons are a more polished version of them, in the set piece especially.
Knottingley v Barnsley - Hopefully we have enough players to give the almighty red machine a good go. If we just complete the season we'll be happy as alot of the lads are terribly upset the bubble seems to have burst.
Old Otliensians v Bramley Phoenix J - If Barnsley don't obliterate the struggling Knottla then this could be the biggest score of the day.
Ossett v Hemsworth - Cabbage patch cup, couldn't pay me to watch this one.
Wibsey v Skipton - If the big Skipton pack turn up they should get the win here, hopefully Wibsey can get a team together.