$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Covid in Yorkshire 3

Covid in Yorkshire 3

This is a discussion for the topic Covid in Yorkshire 3 on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Covid in Yorkshire 3  (Read 4641 times)

Mud pig

• One of the boys
on: December 16, 2021, 10:35:37 AM
It seems there have been several games cancelled this weekend due to a rise in covid infections! I’m assuming that said clubs that have had to cancel will be getting some stick like wibsey and Knotts have or will it be accepted as being responsible because it’s not the above mentioned teams?

oneoftheoldfarts

• One of the boys
Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 11:07:56 AM
Which games are off?

hobbo

• Legend
Reply #2 on: December 16, 2021, 01:20:39 PM
It seems there have been several games cancelled this weekend due to a rise in covid infections! I’m assuming that said clubs that have had to cancel will be getting some stick like wibsey and Knotts have or will it be accepted as being responsible because it’s not the above mentioned teams?

Stick and banter aside - what are teams supposed to do?  Personally I don't dish it out to teams effected by covid, because at the end of the day, what can be helped.  It's the effect it's having on the sport, unfortunately? 

I don't understand why you ring-fence the above two teams - Knott got stick because they'd dished it out - beachy even came on and attested to as much.  No malice just a bit of payback I suppose.

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #3 on: December 16, 2021, 02:28:41 PM
We have been extremely lucky so far. We had one player pull out Saturday morning after testing positive and a few of us got pinged over the summer after a training session but we haven’t seen it really affect a matchday squad yet. I’m sure that will change at some point over the next couple of months though and all teams should be prepared for a few postponements. As long as teams aren’t using it as an excuse to dodge games when they have a weak squad out I have no problem with it and there’s not much we can do about it either way.

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #4 on: December 16, 2021, 02:29:01 PM
Come on then Pig of the mud enlighten us all on which games have been cancelled?!

In terms of getting a bit of stick for the covid card we expect as much, when you dish it out you've gotta be able to take it, that's what rugby's all abart.

Hopefully most games can happen this weekend I know we're looking forward to welcoming Billy Caspers men down to Howard's Field this weekend, it's been a while!

hobbo

• Legend
Reply #5 on: December 16, 2021, 02:44:46 PM
Come on then Pig of the mud enlighten us all on which games have been cancelled?!

In terms of getting a bit of stick for the covid card we expect as much, when you dish it out you've gotta be able to take it, that's what rugby's all abart.

Hopefully most games can happen this weekend I know we're looking forward to welcoming Billy Caspers men down to Howard's Field this weekend, it's been a while!

c'mon kes... come on lass! Once played away at Moortown and a Kestrel was flying over us and they're 2nd row did a Casper impression - was perfect too!  Was p*ssing myself.  Probably why they won!

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #6 on: December 16, 2021, 03:17:07 PM
We've got all lads practicing Barnsley twangs now to put you off Hobbo, you don't stand a chance come Saturday.

Pomfresian

• Legend
  • duplex crucis
Reply #7 on: December 16, 2021, 06:03:25 PM
Here`s a clue for you Mid Pug.

The crowd will double at Knottingley on Saturday with the Castleford contingent watching.  ;)

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #8 on: December 16, 2021, 08:12:22 PM

Following the guidance from the RFU that said teams don’t have to play this weekend if they don’t feel comfortable doing so Burley have called off against us. 

oneoftheoldfarts

• One of the boys
Reply #9 on: December 16, 2021, 08:58:44 PM
Despite requests for “several games off” to be named, there are no real answers. Neutrals don’t know where to watch if we do tell them.

the blind ref

• Finding my feet
Reply #10 on: December 16, 2021, 09:18:09 PM
My game has been called off for the same reasons, personally I think all teams should follow suit.  Covid now means no Christmas.  Let's get past the festive period and come back stronger in the New Year.

Fat Back

• Finding my feet
  • Let's spice things up!
Reply #11 on: December 16, 2021, 09:50:04 PM
As a Barnsley supporter, I would normally be looking forward to travelling to Knottingley and watching an exciting physical game. But echoing what the blind ref has said, with the rising Covid cases and Christmas around the corner, I feel all unnecessary risks should be avoided and this weeks fixtures postponed.

Pomfresian

• Legend
  • duplex crucis
Reply #12 on: December 17, 2021, 06:54:08 AM
Despite requests for “several games off” to be named, there are no real answers. Neutrals don’t know where to watch if we do tell them.

Castleford Vs Sheffield Meds called off early in the week Old fart.

Sort of get it due to the meds team being on hospital wards and all that.

Mud pig

• One of the boys
Reply #13 on: December 17, 2021, 07:18:11 AM
Good morning everybody  8) is your club deciding to call their Christmas break early? Beachy as well as ca$ having their game cancelled I do believe Ossett also called their game due to covid as have several other teams.
 Are you still playing the league winners this weekend?

Caravanboys

• One of the boys
Reply #14 on: December 17, 2021, 08:06:15 AM
As of this morning otlensians v Bramley is still on , and hopefully will be playing.
Got a feeling it might be a while before we do again.

Just waiting for the official news on Wibsey!