$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Predictions 08.01.22

Predictions 08.01.22

This is a discussion for the topic Predictions 08.01.22 on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Predictions 08.01.22  (Read 4278 times)

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
on: January 03, 2022, 11:46:47 PM
First round of 2022 and there’s certainly some interesting match ups. Let’s hope for a full round to kick off the new year:

Barnsley v Harrogate Pythons
Bramley Phoenix v Wibsey
Burley v Old Otliensians
Hemsworth v Castleford
Sheffield Medicals v Halifax Vandals
Skipton v Ossett
West Park Leeds v Knottingley

gateprop

Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 12:06:36 AM
Barnsley v Harrogate Pythons - be interesting to see how Barnsley bounce back from losing their coach. They’ll certainly be looking to make a statement and they put a score on us last time out so we’ll have to be at our very best if we want a result here.
Bramley Phoenix v Wibsey - I know Wibsey were having an EGM to discuss the future of the club. Fingers crossed they’ve found a way to continue this season. Only a short trip to Bramley so hopefully they travel for this one even if it’ll be a comfortable home win.
Burley v Old Otliensians - hopefully Ensians can field a team away from home on a more permanent basis in 2022. Burley will have more than enough at home though.
Hemsworth v Castleford - can’t imagine this will be a very interesting game. Away win.
Sheffield Medicals v Halifax Vandals - not sure all the students will be back yet so either a Vandals win or a ‘positive test’ from the Medics camp.
Skipton v Ossett - Skipton very hit and miss but Ossett don’t travel well. Skipton were certainly better than the score suggested last time out.
West Park Leeds v Knottingley - if the Knottingley boys have managed to shake off the nasty Rona then they should win this one. I hear after the last game between these 2 they’ve both booked bus trips to the next YRFU disciplinary hearing.

Caravanboys

• One of the boys
Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 08:05:44 AM
I hope we all get fixtures this weekend to blow the cobwebs out. Sadly fear the worst not only for our fixture. But hear goes.
Barnsley v Harrogate it will be interesting to see who comes out on top in this one and it will but a marker down for the rest of the season. Still think Barnsley will have enough in the tank Home win.
Bramley v Wibsey- hope they manage a team but Carnot see past some sad news.
Burley v Ensians - struggle to get past HWO
Hemsworth v castleford- straight forward away win
Sheffield v Vandals- got to agree that the student won’t be back so vandals win or some other way of getting the points
Skipton v Ossett- on paper skipton should win this one
WPL v knottingley - again a few students missing and knotts should be over there issues away win.

The Fisher King

Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 12:31:15 PM
Barnsley vs Harrogate - All eyes on shaw lane this weekend with people eagerly anticipating the new situation at Barnsley. Field a side that can tackle and it will be a comfortable day, Harrogate don’t like it physical.

Bramley vs Wibsey - feel for Wibsey, don’t think they’ll see out the season. Best of luck guys hopefully you can pull it round.

Burley vs Ensians - Burley play their cabbage patch well expecting them to chase a top 6 finish this year. Not sure what’s happening at Otley, one week announce 25 players the next they can’t field a side looks very disjointed from the outside.

Hemsworth vs Castleford - Local Derby could always go either way, can’t imagine Hemsworths big forwards have ‘wintered well’ Cas in good form, should have too much.

Sheffield vs Vandals - confident of Sheffield pulling the covid card. If not, expect Halifax to scrum them into the ground assuming they travel well. Sheffield could win if the game is played at pace but Fax should get the bp here.

Skipton vs Ossett - I actually think Ossett should win but expect a few lads to cry off on the big away day. Skipton have competed well at home this season so should beat a weakened Ossett.

WPL vs Knottingley - WPL no where near tough enough to beat Knottingley at the moment.

the blind ref

• Finding my feet
Reply #4 on: January 04, 2022, 05:13:00 PM
i hear on the grapevine that wibsey have folded sad day if true

Pomfresian

• Legend
  • duplex crucis
Reply #5 on: January 04, 2022, 07:24:14 PM
i hear on the grapevine that wibsey have folded sad day if true

Alas they wont be the last. Agreed a very sad day if it pans out to be true. These times are unprecedented....

Useless Utility

• Finding my feet
Reply #6 on: January 05, 2022, 10:03:42 AM
It’s not over till fat lady sings and Big Al from Bramley hasn’t got much of a singing voice.

See you on Saturday

Pomfresian

• Legend
  • duplex crucis
Reply #7 on: January 05, 2022, 11:19:56 AM
I`m taking it useless, you represent Wibsey?

I hope your post does indeed indicate that Wibsey hasn't folded?

Pomfresian

• Legend
  • duplex crucis
Reply #8 on: January 05, 2022, 11:26:52 AM
Barnsley v Harrogate Pythons. Barnsley will have enough in the tank to beat Pythons.....for now!
Bramley Phoenix v Wibsey. Hoping the post from Useless is positive news, Albeit a loss on this venture
Burley v Old Otliensians. Cant see OO`s raising a side for an away fixture but if they do Burley will have too much
Hemsworth v Castleford Like most we will have absentees but should still put Hems away comfortably.
Sheffield Medicals v Halifax Vandals Away win if and it is a big if, Sheffield aren't back to full strength
Skipton v Ossett if Ossett travel with a full squad or near, they will win this one comfortably
West Park Leeds v Knottingley. Knotts wont travel well for this one. Ate & drank too much to brawl

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #9 on: January 05, 2022, 12:00:07 PM
Barnsley v Harrogate Pythons - Unless any players follow the Barnsley coach I can't see it affecting much, should still be plain sailing for Casper's men. Pythons will give them a good go though.
Bramley Phoenix J v Wibsey - Hopefully it's not the end of the road for Wibsey and they can finish the season, but either way this will be a home win.
Burley v Old Otliensians - With it being a Leeds fixture you'd hope Ensians can take a side through but same as above unfortunately.
Hemsworth v Castleford - Should be a slugfest this one both got hefty packs who'll enjoy the mud, Cas should have enough but Hemsworth are tough on their postage stamp.
Sheffield Medicals v Halifax Vandals - All depends on Medics team, if they've got the full squad you'd think it's a home win but I'll bank on a few not being back yet and the Orcs to make the most of it.
Skipton v Ossett -  No one likes this away trip even before a ball is kicked. Skipton were a very big set of lads when we played them think they'll be tough to beat at home.
West Park Leeds v Knottingley - I'm not playing so no comedy red cards this time but if Goldilocks is still playing there's always a chance of something. Looking forward to seeing some rugby again all being well and playing at the 5 star facilities.

Useless Utility

• Finding my feet
Reply #10 on: January 05, 2022, 06:59:02 PM

Aye mate, been a rough season but we’re still kicking.

Looking forward to game to Saturday.

gateprop

Reply #11 on: January 05, 2022, 10:31:59 PM

Aye mate, been a rough season but we’re still kicking.

Looking forward to game to Saturday.

Great news. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Dropped It

• Forum old hand
  • Can't catch, won't kick.
Reply #12 on: January 06, 2022, 05:16:33 PM
Barnsley v Harrogate Pythons
Bramley Phoenix v Wibsey
Burley v Old Otliensians
Hemsworth v Castleford
Sheffield Medicals v Halifax Vandals
Skipton v Ossett
West Park Leeds v Knottingley

Pomfresian

• Legend
  • duplex crucis
Reply #13 on: January 08, 2022, 09:00:30 AM
Hemsworth & Castleford off.

Notified at 5.55pm last night (Friday) that the Hemsworth camp have a Covid outbreak.....

The sooner the RFU deal with this sort of referee the better!

oneoftheoldfarts

• One of the boys
Reply #14 on: January 08, 2022, 09:21:44 AM
What are you blaming the referee for exactly?