$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results 08.01.22

Author Topic: Results 08.01.22  (Read 2569 times)

Offline gateprop

• Legend
    • View Profile
Results 08.01.22
« on: January 08, 2022, 03:44:42 PM »
Barnsley 0 - 18 Pythons

Offline oneoftheoldfarts

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Re: Results 08.01.22
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 04:06:51 PM »
Can’t say I blame you getting on early with the result, well done, some match facts would be appreciated once you have calmed down and had a pint.

Offline hobbo

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 04:22:21 PM »
The match facts are… the side who wants it the most generally wins. That was the case today.
Gate played really well in the first half. More efficient in both tackle and carry. They were a big set of boys and made that count when in both defence and D. I don’t know what happened towards the end. But from what I saw, gate very much deserved their victory. Well played.

Hobbo

Offline hobbo

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 04:26:08 PM »
Sorry meant both attack and D… not got the feeling back in my thumbs yet.

Offline Useless Utility

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 07:12:27 PM »
Bramley 13 - 18 Wibsey

Everyone had us written off but well deserved winners today

Offline Fredsbar

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2022, 09:13:35 PM »
I received a phone call from Stephen Brooke - Wibsey RUFC at 13:42 today, saying that he had been told by Bramley Phoenix, who they played today, that Wibsey had withdrawn from Yorkshire 3. Whilst they have struggled to raise a side on some weekends they intend to remain in the league.

Offline gateprop

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2022, 01:01:47 AM »
The match facts are… the side who wants it the most generally wins. That was the case today.
Gate played really well in the first half. More efficient in both tackle and carry. They were a big set of boys and made that count when in both defence and D. I don’t know what happened towards the end. But from what I saw, gate very much deserved their victory. Well played.

Hobbo

Fair summary. We were just more up for it and played better on the day. As for what happened towards the end there was some pushing and shoving then punches started getting thrown. A yellow apiece and 2 reds for you I believe and the ref had obviously had enough as she blew up a few minutes early. A shame really as, although there had been some niggle, it had been a hard fought match generally played in the right spirit till then.

Offline plantpotjim

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2022, 08:26:49 AM »
Hung about to watch Knottingley vs West Park after the Northallerton v Grovians game yesterday. Glad I did, it was like watching an 80s rugby league game, more fisting than an orgy.

Offline Pomfresian

• Legend
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2022, 09:19:54 AM »
Beachy will no doubt explain Plant pot.

Funny out of the hundreds of forum representatives Knottingley have on here, they only seem to thrive when they are winning....

Offline hobbo

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2022, 09:35:45 AM »

Hobbo

Fair summary. We were just more up for it and played better on the day. As for what happened towards the end there was some pushing and shoving then punches started getting thrown. A yellow apiece and 2 reds for you I believe and the ref had obviously had enough as she blew up a few minutes early. A shame really as, although there had been some niggle, it had been a hard fought match generally played in the right spirit till then.

You were definitely up for it pal. You’ll cause some real problems if you field that side every week. I wouldn’t want to feed your back row!
I can’t comment on what happened at the end mate as I had hobbled off.
All the best for the rest of the season!

Offline Beachy

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2022, 02:40:55 PM »
Not much to explain Pommie old fart and not a game worth writing home about. We definitely weren't at our best after a 4 week rest and West Park did a great job of ruining any ball we had which stifled us. Ref let it descend in to mayhem round the ruck and the whole tone of the game was set from there. Looks like we picked a good week to lose with most of the top teams losing out. On to the next one!

Offline plantpotjim

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2022, 03:16:50 PM »
Choas is being kind. His arms must have been tired from whipping out his card so often👀

Offline Beachy

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2022, 03:34:04 PM »
He must be brilliant at catching the bus. I'll take the Mourinho approach on the ref and just say I prefer not to speak or I am in big trouble.

Online Leroy Jenkins

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2022, 04:02:30 PM »
Big result at Bramley, any news on what happened there? Are Wibsey resurgent?

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2022, 07:21:15 PM »
We hopefully are resurgent! We’ve always had a core of 14/16 regulars with the rest being lads who’ll play when needed. Sadly this season the core has shrunk.  We need to rebuild and get back to enjoying it.   The problems haven’t gone away but we’ve had a team meeting and now we are all on the same hymn sheet.

Yesterdays game came down to who wanted it the most, we took the lead early and never went behind. Sadly we couldn’t kick on and put the game to bed like we should have - We missed 3 conversions and 3 penalties and had a try bizarrely disallowed but still after the last few weeks we were pleased to get the result.