$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Predictions 15.01.22

Author Topic: Predictions 15.01.22  (Read 1524 times)

Online gateprop

• Legend
    • View Profile
Predictions 15.01.22
« on: January 10, 2022, 03:44:16 PM »
Lots of tough ones to call this week, especially after a few upsets on Saturday. Fingers crossed as always for a full round of fixtures, good luck all!

Castleford v Skipton
Halifax Vandals v Hemsworth
Harrogate Pythons v Knottingley
Old Otliensians v Barnsley
Ossett v Bramley Phoenix
Sheffield Medicals v West Park Leeds
Wibsey v Burley

Offline Pomfresian

• Legend
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    • View Profile
Re: Predictions 15.01.22
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 05:07:36 PM »
Castleford v Skipton. We have a few covid issues ourselves but out of the two teams we have, we will find enough lads to play, even if it isn't our best XV!
Halifax Vandals v Hemsworth. IF the game gets played.
Harrogate Pythons v Knottingley. Knotts to get more cards than points. They might not even win the fight in this one.
Old Otliensians v Barnsley Even with recent events at Barnsley, OO`s are struggling for any momentum
Ossett v Bramley Phoenix. A full strength Ossett should have too much for Phoenix
Sheffield Medicals v West Park Leeds. Close game but fitness to run WPL around I reckon
Wibsey v Burley The one after the rallying call is always the more difficult one but I do hope Wib`s turn out a side.

Offline Caravanboys

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 07:44:55 PM »
Castleford v Skipton- Cas at home should win this one.
Vandals v Hemsworth-  if Hemsworth travel can see a big win for vandals
Harrogate v knotts- easy win for Gate
Ensians v Barnsley- Barnsley to bounce back to winning ways
Ossett v Bramley- hope to have a few back but will need to be at our best to win here
Medics v WPL - any sign of students coming back for both sides but WP should have a few more players to call upon win here
Wibsey v Burley- Wibsey should be ok to field a strong side at home but still fancy a Burley win.

Offline Leroy Jenkins

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2022, 12:07:39 PM »
Castleford vs Skipton - straight forward home BP win

Vandals vs Hemsworth - the inconsistency of Vandals has been strange this year, on their day a very competent team especially at home.

Harrogate vs Knottingley - Looks like ‘the worms are falling apart again’, easy home win and mud pig to stay hidden until next weeks win over Otliensiens.

Otliensians vs Barnsley - while they may not be the team from 2021 anymore, Barnsley should win this with relative easy to get back on the horse.

Ossett vs Bramley - assuming last week was just a blip and that Bramley still are the real deal. Do rate Ossett and not quite sure why they don’t get more wins. Bramley to edge a tough close one.

Sheffield vs West Park - Speedy Medics to knick it against the money men of west park and continue to slowly climb the league. Always a banana skin team to play against.

Wibsey vs Burley - great to see Wibsey refuse to go out with a whimper. Though agree with pommy, getting up for the game after ‘the big one’ is always tough. Burley to take this one but hopefully the Wibsey revival continues

Online gateprop

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 02:18:29 AM »
Castleford v Skipton - comfortable home win.
Halifax Vandals v Hemsworth - another comfortable home win.
Harrogate Pythons v Knottingley - been a long time since we hosted Knottingley thanks to Covid, as long back as September 2019 I believe. A must win for both sides so expecting a fiercely contested game.
Old Otliensians v Barnsley - Barnsley will be hurting after last week and will look to run a cricket score up here.
Ossett v Bramley Phoenix - Bramley to bounce back in a close one here.
Sheffield Medicals v West Park Leeds - strong showing from WPL last week but Medics play their own pitch well.
Wibsey v Burley - can Wibsey back up last week’s performance? Another win will hopefully give them the momentum to keep numbers up for the rest of the season.

Offline Pomfresian

• Legend
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2022, 05:08:10 PM »
Has the Knottingley contingent been told to stay off the forum until they have won a few or don't get any player sin binned or red carded?

Either way guys...it'll be a while, stay in touch!  ;D ;D

Offline MrG

• One of the boys
  • UTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2022, 08:34:47 PM »
Haha pommy 🤣🤣 it turns me on your hatred for us!

Offline Pomfresian

• Legend
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2022, 07:29:35 AM »
I don't hate you Mr G, not at all

Just concerned that our local muckers are missing from action on the forum that's all.  O0

Sing when your winning but missing in action when the going gets tough (or is that our committee)......lol

We need a strong Knottingley side in this division Mr G, what we don't need is a worry that through means of foul play any of the opposition gets injured or indeed abused on the side lines when spectators have the audacity to speak up about it. The games tough enough, you will appreciate that. It is after all meant to be a game that is enjoyable for players and spectators alike.

Your disciplinary record Mr G thus far this season could have been far worse had there been officiating touch judges, certainly at the two games I have watched you this season. Knotts are a good club but like us all, we are represented by our players!

Offline MrG

• One of the boys
  • UTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2022, 08:44:12 AM »
Unfortunately I’m injured and out for the season and haven’t played so I can’t speak for the players but it’s been a very rough year and to be in the position we are in is better than a lot expected! Local derby’s and banter on here is what most of us love the most!

Offline Beachy

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2022, 10:37:47 AM »
Castleford v Skipton - Think this will be a tight one, Skipton are a gritty side and make it hard but Cas should have enough.
Halifax Vandals v Hemsworth - Not many go up to Mordor and beat the Orcs, think Vandals should edge this one at home.
Harrogate Pythons v Knottingley - Gutted to say the least, but we've had to give the game this weekend with only 9 fit and available players. First time since I've played at the club that we've had to do this but it is what it is and a sign of the times. No complaints from us we just don't have the numbers mainly due to a silly amount of injuries, then mixed in with lads working and suspensions it's made it impossible to field a team with a small squad. Hopefully this is the first and last time we have to do it this season.
Old Otliensians v Barnsley - Think Barnsley will be looking to avenge last week's first defeat of the season. Unfortunately for Ensians they're in the firing line.
Ossett v Bramley Phoenix - Surprised at Bramley's result last week to Wibsey but think they'll get back on the horse here.
Sheffield Medicals v West Park Leeds - West Park did the nitty gritty stuff well last week, but I don't think that'll stick on the young bucks, young ens to nick it on the 3G pitch.
Wibsey v Burley - Great win for Wibsey last week after turbulent times, I think Burley might nick this though they seem to make an arm wrestle of every game they're in.