$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; KNOTTLA CONCEDE TO HARROGATE

KNOTTLA CONCEDE TO HARROGATE

This is a discussion for the topic KNOTTLA CONCEDE TO HARROGATE on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: KNOTTLA CONCEDE TO HARROGATE  (Read 4339 times)

hobbo

• Legend
on: January 14, 2022, 11:26:28 AM
Just a little something i've heard on the grapevine.

After informing the forum of the big boys from Gate - depleted Knott have decided not to travel?

Any truth in this??  You boys love this kind of topic so i'm expecting some cracking excuses.

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 11:41:58 AM
I've put it all in predictions Hobbo lad! No cracking excuses from us just simple ones, 10+ injuries to first team lads (including myself) mixed with others working and then obviously some weekly Knottla suspensions ???. Unfortunately, when you only run 1 team and have a small playing squad like we do it's been impossible to get 15 able bodied blokes this week. Is what it is and hopefully it's the last time but I'm not putting my house on it. I'm sure we'll get plenty of stick for giving the game but unless anyone has any secret player tree's we can have access to it's what we've had to do.

hobbo

• Legend
Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 11:59:04 AM
Beachy lad - shame that your player supplies have been pushed to it's limits. 
Lads do get injured and have work commitments etc.  But surly the suspension thing has to be killing you as well pal.  Is the club doing anything about the lads who are getting carded week in and out?  Lets be honest I know some of your boys like the 'we're a proper hard rugby team us' (of which most of them aren't, they're cheap shotters) tag - but when it starts effecting your ability to turn a side out... surly the club (and the lads who actually want to play rugby) need to be having a think?

MrG

• One of the boys
  • UTW
Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 12:07:21 PM
Suspensions although aren’t ideal Hobbo they are nothing to do with the reason why we are struggling and have been for a while now.

But I wouldn’t be using the word ‘excuse’ pal.

Like Beachy says we are a small team and struggle to do the fundamentals like train due to numbers. We have relied heavily on rugby league players coming through like myself. We don’t have a youth set up or anything in place so this was only a matter of time before we faced this scenario of us not able to field a team.

We get a lot of s*** on here but I like to see it both ways as we give it out. However if you look at the majority of the teams in this league they are non existent on this forum. What would you prefer :) ?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 12:22:00 PM by MrG »

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 12:17:51 PM
To be fair Hobbo out of all the unavailability's we have we are only missing 2 lads this week from red cards as many as you lot this week if I'm correct? ;) On the other hand we are missing at least 10 from injury (long term and short) so you tell me which is effecting our ability more to put a team out haha.

I agree our discipline needs to improve massively and we have had internal discussions and meetings on this about how to fix it but as you well know it's not an over night thing and the games changed massively in terms of red and yellows being dished out now, even in the Premiership, but we need to adapt to it. Discipline may well be costing us with the odd suspension, however injuries have been the major factor throughout the season hampering get our best first team out on the pitch. I'm sure many are enjoying revelling in the demise of the nasty Knottla boys, but we'll keep going and see if we can get as many good Yorkshire 3 games in between now and the end of the season.

hobbo

• Legend
Reply #5 on: January 14, 2022, 12:56:48 PM
Well Beachy I hope you get the lads back and are able to fulfil fixtures.  I can't speak for anyone other than myself but I certainly don't like to see any clubs demise. Hopefully the lads out injured will get themselves back available soon.  You'd have enjoyed the game against Pythons - they're a big bunch of boys.
Sounds like your on with sorting out the discipline side too which is good.  This might be going against the grain a little bit but over the last 16 years or so i've enjoyed playing against Knottingley - my first 1st team start at prop was against them.  However, some of the things i've bore witness to and heard this season with regards discipline is pretty poor.

MrG don't know you in person I don't think but Beachy will tell you - I'm a delight. Your right, you do get a lot of sh*t on here mate... rightly so in my opinion as you dish it out.  Granted sometimes some people take that the wrong way, as your rightly say other sections of this forum are boring, Y3 (due to you boys ) is never.. but banter or no - you dish it out so you have to take it back old pal.  That said (this case aside) I try to stay away from all that.

MrG

• One of the boys
  • UTW
Reply #6 on: January 14, 2022, 01:06:26 PM
We don’t mind it :) we are only been honest about our situation as a club. It’s unfortunately been happening over the past 4/5 seasons, the team depleting in numbers and most importantly experienced players to help guide the team.

And ‘old pal’ I’m 27 and should be in my prime years but like a lot of us Knottla Gypos we suffer from chocolate knees. Very much similar to most of the pensioners that comment on here :)

hobbo

• Legend
Reply #7 on: January 14, 2022, 01:11:41 PM
27 - wow... Probably about time you started growing up  ;)
It's a term of endearment where I come from MrG...  :-*

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #8 on: January 14, 2022, 01:39:14 PM
Well Beachy I hope you get the lads back and are able to fulfil fixtures.  I can't speak for anyone other than myself but I certainly don't like to see any clubs demise. Hopefully the lads out injured will get themselves back available soon.  You'd have enjoyed the game against Pythons - they're a big bunch of boys.
Sounds like your on with sorting out the discipline side too which is good.  This might be going against the grain a little bit but over the last 16 years or so i've enjoyed playing against Knottingley - my first 1st team start at prop was against them.  However, some of the things i've bore witness to and heard this season with regards discipline is pretty poor.

MrG don't know you in person I don't think but Beachy will tell you - I'm a delight. Your right, you do get a lot of sh*t on here mate... rightly so in my opinion as you dish it out.  Granted sometimes some people take that the wrong way, as your rightly say other sections of this forum are boring, Y3 (due to you boys ) is never.. but banter or no - you dish it out so you have to take it back old pal.  That said (this case aside) I try to stay away from all that.

Cheers Dale hopefully we get at least a few back to make up a starting 15. They are a big bunch of lads was a great game against them at our place and we always enjoy playing them at their place too just unfortunate it's come to a head this week. I'm sure Bez will testify that we loved playing the Barnsley boys over the years too and had some great tussles.

Discipline is something we have been trying to improve throughout the season but there are games where we have just imploded. Though I do believe we get some unjust stick on here as the only 'dirty' team around, there are plenty of teams in the league who I've seen warrant the same stick we get. There were at least 2 incidents on Saturday we were on the receiving end of that were unsavoury to say the least from the league's stereotypical union poster boys. It's easy to point the fingers at the rough and ready thugs from Knottla but some teams may want to look in a mirror first.

All this being said we hope we can get back on the pitch as soon as possible.

Diglet

• Finding my feet
Reply #9 on: January 14, 2022, 04:22:49 PM
Beachy lad - shame that your player supplies have been pushed to it's limits. 
Lads do get injured and have work commitments etc.  But surly the suspension thing has to be killing you as well pal.  Is the club doing anything about the lads who are getting carded week in and out?  Lets be honest I know some of your boys like the 'we're a proper hard rugby team us' (of which most of them aren't, they're cheap shotters) tag - but when it starts effecting your ability to turn a side out... surly the club (and the lads who actually want to play rugby) need to be having a think?

Unfortunately I was one of the lads sent off on Saturday (a lad who actually wants to play rugby), 3 cheap shots on me off the ball and grief off of one of their supporters got the better of me and I retaliated which is rare of me. Both of the red cards were for two players who usually have pretty good disciplinary records on the pitch which just shows how well WPL played the dark arts against us.

Pomfresian

• Legend
  • duplex crucis
Reply #10 on: January 14, 2022, 05:51:12 PM
At least you came out and said that you didn't have the squad available instead of playing the old Covid card....#Fred

As Hobbo and others at Knotts will remember we had a terrible reputation with our discipline a few years back. We had someone in front of the beak most weeks. We had the meetings at the club and decided as a club to lose the perpetrators and crash down the leagues as a result. We got some right stick on here for doing so; you may remember!

We built the club back up from its roots with arguably not so good a players but ones who played for the right reasons. The RL reputation still follows us to this day and most spectators still shout `typical rugby league lot` some referees are also under the impression that we tackle rugby league esk` when the oppositions high tackles start at a similar height and goes unpunished, you get upset!

We found playing the victim in the disciplinary hearings went against us every time, as they only ever read the referees report. What didn't help was the yellow cards for back chatting when the decisions went against us. We came away pleased if we shook less than a four.

The culture had to change and playing the hard man and the attitude of never losing a fight on the field did nothing for the club at all.

As I have said previously, we need a strong Knottingley playing side in this division but not one we dread. When the season started and we looked at the fixtures we looked at the games against Knotts and didn't put points against them, simply to come away with no injuries or cards for retaliating (our away fixture in late October typifies that)

Good luck (genuinely) for the rest of the season

John

MrG

• One of the boys
  • UTW
Reply #11 on: January 14, 2022, 06:11:33 PM
John I like to see that soft spot in your heart! Are you there tomorrow might call and introduce myself ?

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

• Forum old hand
Reply #12 on: January 15, 2022, 05:47:10 AM
Very sad to hear of another club struggling, I missed the knottingley game but was told our lads received nothing but a warm welcome.
Hopefully the injuries will clear up and lads will put their hands up and help the team out.

A year of no Rugby has proved to be damaging for many club at our level and higher. Let’s hope that the sport recovers.

Pomfresian

• Legend
  • duplex crucis
Reply #13 on: January 15, 2022, 08:50:45 AM
John I like to see that soft spot in your heart! Are you there tomorrow might call and introduce myself ?

Yes I will be at the game Mr G

Good looking bloke with a full mop of hair.... :-*

BEZ

• Forum old hand
Reply #14 on: January 15, 2022, 10:45:39 AM
Can’t really add anything on top of what Mr G & Beachy have said, just to reiterate the disappointment. But it is what it is. Started at the old club firstly at 17 with the colts then came back at 23 in the first team and in that time I have never known us have to call a game due to not enough available players, though the suspensions are killing the injury list is ridiculous. With the small squad and practically no numbers for training. This is the result.

I am sure it is a one off and the lads will all come together now seeing how serious it could be for the club.

John, get that under pitch heating turned on. see you this afternoon. How much is it these days? I have told the kids there’s no pocket money this weekend, just so I can come watch