$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Loan players - a poll.

Loan players - a poll.

This is a discussion for the topic Loan players - a poll. on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Poll

Should clubs use loans players when they have plenty of 2nd team players to call on?

Yes - who cares about the 2nd team, the only thing that matters is the 1st XV
5 (15.2%)
No - a club should respect all players and give 2nd team players a chance to shine.
8 (24.2%)
Loan players should only be considered when no other option exists in the club and the match is in jeopardy i.e. a front row player.
20 (60.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 06:10:54 AM

Author Topic: Loan players - a poll.  (Read 2255 times)

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
on: February 08, 2022, 06:10:54 AM
Let's gauge thoughts on the use of loan players.
Poll on for 7 days and guests can vote.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 06:31:59 AM
Morning BrrB

Trust the early morning entry is due to your healthy life and work ethic ?

In true multiple choice style there should actually be a ‘ none of the above ‘ which gets my vote . ( like the subliminal message though ) you’re a cheeky monkey and no mistake .

From what I have seen and heard about this league imports and brown envelopes are ‘the norm’ Irk’ley easily best place I’ve visited this season by a long margin so they’re doing something right . ( Heath second best by the way… great club )

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 06:36:56 AM
Morning A Fart,

Early rise, walk the dog, feed the kids, school run and then help make the world a better place 😁😁💪

I was about to add "none of the above" as you suggested but chose not to as what does that actually mean? There is the choice of Yes or No and also a caveated Yes. What other outcomes are there? People can post more developed views in the text area below.

P.s you obviously haven't visited Silver Royd 😁😏
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 06:39:01 AM by backrowbandit »

Premier3

• Finding my feet
Reply #3 on: February 08, 2022, 06:55:37 AM
Before I vote
can somebody in plain English tell me what llkley are actually doing with regard loan players ?

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #4 on: February 08, 2022, 06:59:48 AM
They signed on a temporary basis 2 players from the national League. 1 winger and 1 fullback. It is permitted see :
https://www.englandrugby.com/participation/running-your-club/player-registration/adult-men-registration

However there are some who found this strange as they have plenty of 2nd and 3rd team players who could have filled these positions.

It's not black and white....it's purely down to your thoughts on community sport.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #5 on: February 08, 2022, 07:01:01 AM
I'm sure other clubs have used loan players..... however I'm not aware of any. Hence Ilkley coming under scrutiny. Maybe this is the future??

Premier3

• Finding my feet
Reply #6 on: February 08, 2022, 07:02:51 AM
Thanks and voted

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #7 on: February 08, 2022, 07:09:33 AM
B@B

I have visited yours this season and as always had a good day … the biggest plus at Illkey is the short walk to the town centre social facilities .. and some rather attractive sorts therein . I don’t really much care for the Masonic back slapping function room corporate pre match carry on … seen it too many times in a previous boring  life .  .

All joking apart the cliff top Bond villain edifice is too far out of town for a similar experience to Ilkey ( plus scabs is infested with Wessie diddlydonks on doleday outs) and as for Heath .. you don’t have my mate spud in your club who is quite the funniest thing since Prince Arsedrews interview .

Blimey

• Finding my feet
Reply #8 on: February 08, 2022, 07:11:20 AM
Has anyone established yet if they were brought in for one game because of their absentees or are there for longer?
If it’s just one game when your short I think itvis worse. Put your 2nds in and take your chance like everyone else.

Perhaps someone can let us know.

Broughton

• Finding my feet
Reply #9 on: February 08, 2022, 04:04:39 PM
Whilst I understand that the main focus of many clubs is their league status, I feel sympathy for the second teamers , who have been denied a chance to move up to the first team. 

Earlier this season I watched an excellent Ilkley 2nd team , score some fabulous tries in their defeat of a very spirited Heath 2nds.  I can only imagine their frustration of being denied an opportunity to play 1st team, especially if they have trained twice a week all year !

I guess it's about striking the right balance of strengthening your 1st team, without disheartening your 2nds ! 

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #10 on: February 08, 2022, 06:37:40 PM
What is the difference between a loan player and someone ‘bought in’ from … I don’t know … say New Zealand or Australia or South Africa … or even moving from one club to another forty miles away for more money ??

It has the same affect on players loyal to a club surely .  Fair play to Ilkey  for thinking of that one first … won’t stop me having another visit for a few quiet ales to the wonderful little town .

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #11 on: February 08, 2022, 07:55:08 PM
Sounds like A Fart has a little man crush on Ilkley..