$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Preview and reaction Sat 12th Feb

Preview and reaction Sat 12th Feb

This is a discussion for the topic Preview and reaction Sat 12th Feb on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Preview and reaction Sat 12th Feb  (Read 8728 times)

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

• Forum old hand
Reply #30 on: February 12, 2022, 09:46:43 PM
Who played 10 for cleck? Branbani or breakwell? Anyone know?

curry31

• Finding my feet
Reply #31 on: February 12, 2022, 10:01:34 PM
Hello everyone. I have not yet posted on this forum and not watched a game for a couple of years, but I have finally come out of the woodwork.

As a neutral and retired player, that has played over 300 games for a level 4 club, and represented our great county at a senior level, I am unsure as to why Mr. Pristine Shorts has such a high opinion of Ilkley RUFC. Yes, they are a side that moves the ball nicely with a couple of decent players in the backs. They also have reasonable line out and a scrum that, at a level above level 6, would get absolutely marmalised. And that's it. After watching today, it was clear that Heath are a team that are very mentally tough and know their strengths to play to. And fair play to them, they absolutely do. It is a results business at the end of the day. Win by 1 or 50, the result is still the same. Look nice or not, the result is the same.

Ilkley seemed to look nonplussed when a team actually didn't care about how much they could supposedly move the ball and just tackled them, and enjoy when they made inevitable mistakes. Ilkley seemed to blame the ref (from overhearing them in the bar) for their loss. This was quite simply not correct. the ref was not perfect, but he was reasonable for both sides.

Ilkley are a decent side at level 6, as are Heath, and today, Heath deserved their win.

Memory_Man

• Legend
Reply #32 on: February 12, 2022, 10:18:08 PM
Hello everyone. I have not yet posted on this forum and not watched a game for a couple of years, but I have finally come out of the woodwork.

As a neutral and retired player, that has played over 300 games for a level 4 club, and represented our great county at a senior level, I am unsure as to why Mr. Pristine Shorts has such a high opinion of Ilkley RUFC. Yes, they are a side that moves the ball nicely with a couple of decent players in the backs. They also have reasonable line out and a scrum that, at a level above level 6, would get absolutely marmalised. And that's it. After watching today, it was clear that Heath are a team that are very mentally tough and know their strengths to play to. And fair play to them, they absolutely do. It is a results business at the end of the day. Win by 1 or 50, the result is still the same. Look nice or not, the result is the same.

Ilkley seemed to look nonplussed when a team actually didn't care about how much they could supposedly move the ball and just tackled them, and enjoy when they made inevitable mistakes. Ilkley seemed to blame the ref (from overhearing them in the bar) for their loss. This was quite simply not correct. the ref was not perfect, but he was reasonable for both sides.

Ilkley are a decent side at level 6, as are Heath, and today, Heath deserved their win.

Welcome sir, nice to have someone speaking sense every once in a while.

Pristine Shorts

• A little respect please...
Reply #33 on: February 12, 2022, 10:30:54 PM
Evening…I’m not sure why the comments I have posted on this thread lead you to imply that my “high opinion” of IRFC blinds me to the side’s shortcomings, or moves me to ignore the skills of the opposition : yes, I am a passionate supporter, but I make a point of being scrupulously fair in my match reporting.

My first comment was a poor forecast of the result  ( Ilkley to win narrowly in a high-scoring game ) but I pre-acknowledge Heath’s pack’s excellence and after the match, I state that their pack “did the business” in the first half.

Unlike your good self, I have watched every game Ilkley have played this season and thus feel reasonably well-qualified to be able to offer a thumbnail interpretation of what occurred on the pitch and what may or may not have influenced the result.

As you saw the match yourself, you surely have to agree that such a tight contest can be decided by poor decision making, by both players and officials. Ilkley had quite a few opportunities to edge the game, even without the disallowed “tries” but failed to capitalise. As such, Heath deserved the win, but wouldn’t have complained had they lost by a similar margin.

You’d be very welcome at Stack’s Field again. :-X
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 08:37:32 AM by Pristine Shorts »

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #34 on: February 12, 2022, 10:50:09 PM

Hello.. welcome to th forum.

I'm not sure what PS has done to deserve that. He just loyaly supports his team and posts on here. Neither of which are a crime or offensive. I always find his contributions to be balanced and very fair.

Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Memory_Man

• Legend
Reply #35 on: February 12, 2022, 10:50:55 PM
Evening…I’m not sure why the comments I have posted on this thread lead you to imply that my “high opinion” of IRFC blinds me to the side’s shortcomings, or moves me to ignore the skills of the opposition : yes, I am a passionate supporter, but I make a point of being scrupulously fair in my match reporting.

My first comment was a poor forecast of the result  ( Ilkley to win narrowly in a high-scoring game ) but I pre-acknowledge Heath’s pack’s excellence and after the match, I state that their pack “did the business” in the first half.

Unlike your good self, I have watched every game Ilkley have played this season and thus feel reasonably well-qualified to be able to offer a thumbnail interpretation of what occurred on the pitch and what may or may not have influenced the result.

As you saw the match yourself, you surely have to agree that such a tight contest can be decided by poor decision making, by both players and officials. Ilkley had quite a few opportunities to edge the game, even without the disallowed “tries” but failed to capitalise. As such, Heath deserved the win, but wouldn’t behave complained had they lost by a similar margin.

Sounding salty clean shorts? Did last weeks debutants not cut the mustard this week? 👀

MyPennysWorth

• Finding my feet
Reply #36 on: February 12, 2022, 10:55:29 PM
Who played 10 for cleck? Branbani or breakwell? Anyone know?

It was Breakwell.

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

• Forum old hand
Reply #37 on: February 13, 2022, 07:45:30 AM
Thanks my penny’s worth, both are excellent players. 👍

emperormole

• Finding my feet
Reply #38 on: February 13, 2022, 08:12:17 AM
I wasn't at Malton but hear they were worthy winners after  playing the muddy conditions well...

Have you been to a game this season??? 😉

MyPennysWorth

• Finding my feet
Reply #39 on: February 13, 2022, 08:26:31 AM

No probs 👍🏻

Johnosjstrap

• Finding my feet
Reply #40 on: February 13, 2022, 08:42:50 AM
JJstrap
           I will never be pleased in the demise of any club, be it Wakefield or a Stanley Rodillians (Sorry Rods only a current example) Any club folding only leads to a weakening of the grass roots game in their locality, probably having a bigger effect on rural clubs at the lower end of the pyramid than the (generally) higher clubs who are mostly in areas of higher populations and by definition therefore have access to more players.
However, what I do take issue with is that some clubs straddle themselves into debt by paying players money that they cannot afford to people who really dont care about the club they play for and who are only playing with them because of the money.
I accept I may be wrong but this does seem to be the case at Bees. To help the lads who seem to be getting hammered every week it maybe a better alternative to accept relegation. Rebuild play at the level that befits your current crop of players and let the clubs who do pay players (no problem with that) go their own merry way.
Just my thoughts.

Totally agree

Calderdale hound

• Finding my feet
Reply #41 on: February 13, 2022, 09:21:55 AM

As you saw the match yourself, you surely have to agree that such a tight contest can be decided by poor decision making, by both players and officials. Ilkley had quite a few opportunities to edge the game, even without the disallowed “tries” but failed to capitalise. As such, Heath deserved the win, but wouldn’t have complained had they lost by a similar margin.

You need to get back to the southern clubs and put lowes in the bin he’s stealing a living and causing you unnecessary penalty’s that cost you and yesterday proved it!

Kellythorpe

• One of the boys
Reply #42 on: February 13, 2022, 10:59:58 AM
Cleck v Drif excellent hard fought game in difficult conditions. As it turned out Cleck's very early score uphill became the winner of the match. Cleck backs taking the ball at pace looked good and stand off half kicking excellent in 2nd half. Drif f forward fitness nearly won the game in the dieing minutes but I consider the result was right as Cleck dominated the 2nd half. Reffing fine. It is a difficult problem securing territory up the slope at Cleck particularly with the opposition having a good kicking game! Drif tried hard with their short passing game but succeeded too rarely.

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #43 on: February 13, 2022, 11:07:36 AM

Sadly not as many as I would like.....such is life. You'll be glad to know I attend the club 7 days a week. More than a 1st XV at a community club..
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Pristine Shorts

Reply #44 on: February 13, 2022, 11:09:55 AM
Hello.. welcome to th forum.

I'm not sure what PS has done to deserve that. He just loyaly supports his team and posts on here. Neither of which are a crime or offensive. I always find his contributions to be balanced and very fair.

Thanks for that, BRB… I wasn’t on report duty yesterday btw. Back to scribing next week.