$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; No excuses. - Sat 19th

No excuses. - Sat 19th

This is a discussion for the topic No excuses. - Sat 19th on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: No excuses. - Sat 19th  (Read 6978 times)

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
on: February 18, 2022, 07:37:08 AM
Having looked at the forecast across all fixture areas I can't see any reason why matches should be off tomorrow. There is an outside chance there may be a postponement due to waterlogged pitch but the more likely outcome is heavy pitches. Proper old fashioned stuff. Some clubs like Brods, Pock and Malton play on farmers fields all the time so no change there!!

Bradford & Bingley v Ilkley
The bees will postpone for nefarious reasons.

Heath v Cleckheaton
As long as the sewage overflow river which runs past the pitch doesn't overflow then I predict Heath should squidge their way to victory here.

Morley v Morpeth
A close one to predict however i think Morpeths good run will continue and they should win a tight game away at morley.

Pocklington v Consett
Assuming the plough hasn't cut up the pitch too much Pock should run out easy winners.

Scarborough v Durham City
The small Scarborough squad continues to be tested but what a great thing to give yet another promising colt their debut. Tight game but should be a home win.

Driffield v Moortown
Two similar teams so should be a good entertaining match but home advantage should be enough to edge the match for Drif.

Malton and Norton v Old Brodleians
Arguably the two clubs with the worst pitches in the league slugging it out ankle deep in slop. Malton know how to play their patch so they should nick this one.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 07:48:00 AM by backrowbandit »
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Pristine Shorts

Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 09:57:05 AM
Bradford & Bingley v Ilkley - the Bees’ field is prone to flood… otherwise I’ll be looking for five points.

Heath v Cleckheaton - a slug-fest de luxe. Heath’s pack is very impressive in the tight, less so in the line and in open play. Hard to bet against them at home, but I think Cleck will run them close.

Morley v Morpeth - the first of two consecutive trips to West Yorkshire for the Northumbrians, who didn’t play last week. Do they travel well ? Morley got a comfortable win away at Consett, so I pip them to take this one.

Pocklington v Consett - a comfortable home win on the broad acres.

Scarborough v Durham City - the Crowne Plaza boys to bounce back, after their disappointing trip to Malton. Or is it Norton ? ( and yes, they have been upgraded ! )

Driffield v Moortown - home advantage to win the day for Driff, but not by much.

Malton & Norton v Old Brods - the visitors need this to keep up the pressure on the top 4,  but M&N look good enough at home for me.

maltyjruggers

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: February 18, 2022, 12:24:37 PM
Bradford & Bingley v Ilkley - heart vs head - heavy pitch may favour a closer game than anticipated.

Heath v Cleckheaton - a low scoring slug, if Heath's pitch is anything like it was when Bees travelled over (large standing water) I can't imagine there being a lot of running rugby which will suit the home side. Narrow home win.

Morley v Morpeth - hard the call Morley's results but they seem to do ok at home. Morpeth having had a week off should take this but not by much.

Pocklington v Consett - Pocklington to win but albeit the big scoreline when Bees travelled there at the start of the month, Pocklington found the 2nd half running a lot tougher. Home win but not a landslide. Consett to be respected.

Scarborough v Durham City - Can't see much other than a home win but Durham will make a game of it as long as they field a strong side.

Driffield v Moortown - Another home win, Moortown will run them close though.

Malton & Norton v Old Brods - M&N at home with a strong squad will take this but wouldn't expect a classic.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 12:26:55 PM by maltyjruggers »

MyPennysWorth

• Finding my feet
Reply #3 on: February 18, 2022, 03:21:48 PM
B&B vs Ilkley - personally don’t see this going ahead with the surrounding water features at the ground. Ilkley no doubt will be on the charge to get back to winning ways after back to back losses. Hopefully no referee to blame this week if they don’t get 5 points.

Heath vs Cleckheaton - in weather like this.. who knows?! This weather will no doubt suit both sides with both having big forward packs. Can’t see this game going ahead however personally as things stand with Heath being well known for holding standing water.

Morley vs Morpeth - Morpeth enjoying some good form of recent, I’ll pitch for them to take this one just!

Pock vs Consett - Pock not to have it all their own way, however feel they will edge this one up front on a poor day by around 10 points. Good luck to consett, a team who never knows when to give in!

Scarborough vs Durham - can’t imagine this will be pleasant on the coast tomorrow which will no doubt be a game leveller should Durham travel well. Still for me Scarborough to get back to winning ways this week. Keep that pint close to your chest tomorrow BRB otherwise could be an even wetter afternoon at the office!

Driffield vs Moortown - absolute no brainer for me. After watching Driffield last week who were close to taking the spoils at Cleckheaton, they will no doubt get back to winning ways tomorrow against Moortown.

Malton & Norton vs Old Brods - despite Malton’s good result last week against Scarborough, I see them being no match for the Brods tomorrow. Brods to win by 10 which would be a good points difference on a poor day away from home here.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 03:24:44 PM by MyPennysWorth »

Johnosjstrap

• Finding my feet
Reply #4 on: February 18, 2022, 06:03:22 PM
Bradford & Bingley v Ilkley - 'If' it goes ahead Ilkley will win by a hatful. I can see another 'unfortunate' cancellation though.

Heath v Cleckheaton - if Cleck defend relentlessly they could win it, but  heavy pich and stats would suggest Heath by less than 5.

Morley v Morpeth - Every away game is tough but obviously  have to go with W for Morpeth. Big question is are the showers working?

Pocklington v Consett -Pock W by 40 plus.

Scarborough v Durham City -what sort of side will Durham travel with? Durham will score a few points but Scarbs will be 30 plus. Home W with bonus.

Driffield v Moortown -Comfortable W for Driff.

Malton & Norton v Old Brods - if Brods are serious about being 'contenders' they have to win this....but the home pack may think otherwise. 17 - 20 to Brods.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 06:08:39 PM by Johnosjstrap »

Pristine Shorts

Reply #5 on: February 19, 2022, 10:36:23 AM
The Bees have confirmed the match against Ilkley is on, taking place on Pitch Two.

carlthewlisjohns

• One of the boys
  • Rugby is always the winner
Reply #6 on: February 19, 2022, 11:12:16 AM
The double decker is packed to the rafters as Town are on the road to Driffield. Colts are playing a curtain raiser before so should be a good day.

Woody

• One of the boys
Reply #7 on: February 19, 2022, 12:45:33 PM
Heath vs cleck 1sts and 2nds is off. Both heath pitch and cleck pitch are swamped. Best of luck to all teams playing today.

Pristine Shorts

Reply #8 on: February 19, 2022, 01:15:44 PM
Bees v Ilkley is off.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #9 on: February 19, 2022, 04:19:29 PM
Bonus point win for Scarborough. I think it was 47-14.

Enjoyable day...

omigidiant

• Legend
Reply #10 on: February 19, 2022, 04:26:40 PM
Driffield  29  - 26   Moortown
Malton & Norton  5 -  8 Old Brodleians
Morley   3 - 15  Morpeth
Pocklington   31  -  5  Consett
Scarborough  49  -  14  Durham
Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #11 on: February 19, 2022, 04:39:47 PM
Close at Drif and good win for Brods.

carlthewlisjohns

• One of the boys
  • Rugby is always the winner
Reply #12 on: February 19, 2022, 05:05:27 PM
26 all with a penalty to win it for Driffield. Four tries for each side with some excellent rugby on show from both teams. The conditions were absolutely outrageous so fair play to Driffield for getting the game on! I personally thought the referee was superb. Town happy with the two points as our young side keep on plugging away

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #13 on: February 19, 2022, 05:09:29 PM
Talking of young players, two more colts made their debuts today at Silver Royd.

Pristine Shorts

Reply #14 on: February 19, 2022, 05:54:49 PM
Very envious of all those who got a game, on or off the pitch. Bees did their best to put a game on, but a snowstorm around midday didn’t help matters and then both roads out of Ilkley were blocked.

Some great results out there - Driff’s last gasp winner ; Brods’ win by a nose and Scarborough continuing to rattle the points up. Morpeth made the journey worthwhile and Pock had a cruise by the look of it.