$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Predictions for Saturday, March 12th

Predictions for Saturday, March 12th

This is a discussion for the topic Predictions for Saturday, March 12th on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Predictions for Saturday, March 12th  (Read 6840 times)

avinastella

• A little respect please...
Reply #30 on: March 13, 2022, 02:14:10 PM
Talking of maths, if all the Bees’ results were nullified, the top 5 positions would read :

Driffield 76 - with 3 to play
Ilkley 76 - with 4 to play
Heath 69 - with 5 to play
Cleck 65 - with 5 to play
Cleck were on the YRFU naughty step again this week. Might there be a possibility of a points sanction?
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Northrugby

• Finding my feet
Reply #31 on: March 14, 2022, 06:05:54 AM
Cleckheaton have had 1 red Card in the 1st team this season back in October which could easily be argued that it was never a red. The other red cards were 2nd and 3rd teams. Seems harsh a club that puts out 54 players each week might get punished when clubs that put out 18 each week get away with things. I can't see how YRUFC can possibly punish Clecks 1st XV as they had 1 red card. The % of getting a red go up the more players you put out. Surely common sense will prevail? But again, who knows. The RFU do some strange things

Woody

• One of the boys
Reply #32 on: March 14, 2022, 08:30:52 AM
Cleckheaton have had 1 red Card in the 1st team this season back in October which could easily be argued that it was never a red. The other red cards were 2nd and 3rd teams. Seems harsh a club that puts out 54 players each week might get punished when clubs that put out 18 each week get away with things. I can't see how YRUFC can possibly punish Clecks 1st XV as they had 1 red card. The % of getting a red go up the more players you put out. Surely common sense will prevail? But again, who knows. The RFU do some strange things

I completely agree, the 1st team should not be punished. Most of the time the 3rd team and sometimes the 2nd teams have players who do not train, therefore it is difficult to ensure all players maintain their discipline throughout the season. The only problem I can see for the cleck 1st team is if they concede anymore red cards themselves. They will have to move away from their usual off the ball antics and be squeaky clean until the end of the season, I’m sure the referees will be keeping an eye out.

avinastella

Reply #33 on: March 14, 2022, 11:19:08 AM
Rightly or wrongly, that's not how it works.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Differ Lid

• Forum old hand
Reply #34 on: March 14, 2022, 12:05:26 PM

Breakwell in December vs Malton?

Nobody wants the final league positions to be decided with a club being deducted points due to ill discipline.

But using a ratio of playing numbers vs cards should never be used as a measure of right and wrong. By that logic Driffield would be allowed 16 red cards a season across all 4 senior sides with just a slap on the wrists for each team.

neverplayedstandoff

• Deputy Moderator
Reply #35 on: March 14, 2022, 02:58:07 PM
Discipline has to be a club responsibility not a team responsibility.
Cleckheaton are already on a warning, given they have amassed 8 red cards before last weekend, they have already had a red card since this warning, so if they had another this weekend they do not appear to be heeding the warnings.
They are not alone there are at least 5 more clubs on a warning maybe the sanctions should be automatic and not suspended until the end of the season, maybe they should be harsher. I don’t know the answer but it would appear there is a problem with discipline in general or is it that the powers that be are trying to turn the game into a no contact sport.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 03:24:59 PM by neverplayedstandoff »
Y1 Pundits league winner 2010/11 seems a long time ago

Wallbanker

• One of the boys
Reply #36 on: March 14, 2022, 03:00:03 PM

Rightly or Wrongly that's how it works it should be enough of a deterrent to stop the 2nd and 3rd teams but what else can you do to stop it

playing cleck 3rd and 4th teams over the years we've always know things could defiantly tasty affair and can definitely see why they get so many red cards

also Credit for the B&B lads for keeping going this year
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 03:37:58 PM by Wallbanker »

Ribbflagman

Reply #37 on: March 14, 2022, 10:25:44 PM
Carl
       I am deeply upset by what you say about a Ribb President spitting at your back. I think most followers on here know we are not perceived to be like that, and generally give a warm welcome pre and post match to all visiting clubs. On behalf of Ribb please accept our apologies for a seemingly senseless act, if true.

Rugby01

• One of the boys
Reply #38 on: April 09, 2022, 10:18:08 AM
Talking of maths, if all the Bees’ results were nullified, the top 5 positions would read :

Driffield 76 - with 3 to play
Ilkley 76 - with 4 to play
Heath 69 - with 5 to play
Cleck 65 - with 5 to play
Cleck were on the YRFU naughty step again this week. Might there be a possibility of a points sanction?

Did anything happen regarding the possible points sanction?