$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Provisional League Structure - 2022-23

Provisional League Structure - 2022-23

This is a discussion for the topic Provisional League Structure - 2022-23 on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Provisional League Structure - 2022-23  (Read 5549 times)

Rugby01

• One of the boys
on: March 15, 2022, 12:08:29 PM
PROVISIONAL league structure for levels 4 to 6 has been issued.

It is based on league positions as at March 6th and may change.

It shows Driffield, Ilkley and Heath (along with Derby and West Bridgeford) promoted to level 5 to play in a league with
Billingham, Alnwick, Scunthorpe, York, Sandal, Doncaster Phoenix and Pavors

Level 6 consists of Cleckheaton, Old Brods, Scarborough, Malton, Mootown, Pocklington, Morley and Bradford. Old Crossleyans, Pontefract and Bridlington are promoted from L7 to join them with one space left to be decided by some sort of commission (West Leeds?).

Final structure to be announced at the end of the season

The email is printed below.

We would like to provide clubs currently playing at Levels 3 – 6 with a suggested view of how the English Club Championship (ECC) leagues might look at these levels. The aim is to help you with planning ahead of the finalised 2022-23 ECC league structure, to be released in May (attached is the is the provisional ECC league structure of Levels 4-6). We have included current Level 3 teams in this send out for awareness.

Please note: We are unable to show provisional leagues at Level 7 and below until after all Lower XV entries have been assessed against the entry criteria and officially admitted (or rejected) into the English Club Championship (ECC).  The full (national) league structure will released to the game at the end of April, which will include all playing levels (levels 3-12).

Before viewing the provisional league structure, please watch this short video presented by John Inverdale explaining how the leagues have been organised.

https://www.englandrugby.com/video/AvVvnluo

Important things to understand about the 2022-23 provisional league structure

-          It is based on league positions as of 6 March
-          This is NOT final as league positions will naturally change from week to week until the end of the season (because of this all teams playing at level 7 have received this email)
-          The provisional league structure is an indication of how things may look in September 2022
-          The final league structure will be confirmed in May (upon completion of the season)
-          Fixtures for the 2022-23 season will be released mid-June

We are happy to answer any questions you may have. Please send these to Competitions-Development@RFU.com FAO of the FCS Implementation Commission.

Kind regards

FCS Implementation Commission

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #1 on: March 15, 2022, 05:27:53 PM
So basicallylittle change other than losing two teams..
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Oldandslow

Reply #2 on: March 15, 2022, 06:00:58 PM

You gain another local derby against Brid

carlthewlisjohns

• One of the boys
  • Rugby is always the winner
Reply #3 on: March 15, 2022, 06:08:00 PM
When in was stated at the meeting (WPL) what seems like years ago now that the RFU had data that categorically showed players were participating in less games per season as per match card analysis, I asked what about second XV match card analysis? The response of "How is that relevant"? Made me realise then you can't educate pork.

Johnosjstrap

• Finding my feet
Reply #4 on: March 15, 2022, 06:25:42 PM

You gain another local derby against Brid

Depends where you're from.....after a lifetime travelling yorkshire every other weekend, it looks like we at Morpeth are off to pastures new.

I'm not sure how we'll cope without a 3 hour bus trip ten times per season.

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #5 on: March 15, 2022, 07:30:51 PM
Unless you get promoted!
You'll still have to travel to the lakes...
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

avinastella

Reply #6 on: March 15, 2022, 07:57:43 PM
When in was stated at the meeting (WPL) what seems like years ago now that the RFU had data that categorically showed players were participating in less games per season as per match card analysis, I asked what about second XV match card analysis? The response of "How is that relevant"? Made me realise then you can't educate pork.
Indeed Carl.  A case of them saying "if we want your opinion, we'll give it to you."
Nothing so far has changed that perception.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

carlthewlisjohns

• One of the boys
  • Rugby is always the winner
Reply #7 on: March 15, 2022, 08:17:03 PM
The blankest of looks when it suggested players maybe playing both First XV and Second XV.

I do fear now however that the pandemic has, inadvertently meant the fewer fixtures will help a lot of clubs regroup after so many walkovers at many levels.

oldun

• Forum old hand
Reply #8 on: March 21, 2022, 10:04:36 AM
Well, most interesting, REALLY looking forward to next season and renewing old friendships we have missed over the last few years!
Good to get 3 local derby's back again. ( Malton, Pock and Scarbro)
Not so good having to play on brods mountain again though!!
Enjoy the last few games for us, win or loose looks like we are up!!

Pristine Shorts

Reply #9 on: March 21, 2022, 12:47:20 PM
Less travel involved, for sure…but hold on, Alnwick and Derby ?

Differ Lid

• Forum old hand
Reply #10 on: March 21, 2022, 01:01:33 PM
Well, most interesting, REALLY looking forward to next season and renewing old friendships we have missed over the last few years!

Surely cant be that confident at Dukes Park of promotion? Still to play West Leeds and Selby, I'm sure they both might have something to say about it. Maybe keep Arton's sparkling wine on ice for another couple of weeks. 

Johnosjstrap

• Finding my feet
Reply #11 on: March 21, 2022, 02:18:52 PM
Northern Premier looks horrendous for Alnwick, loads of familiar trips round Yorkshire plus Derby and another 2 South of Nottingham.....

Oldandslow

Reply #12 on: March 21, 2022, 02:40:04 PM
My not be the furthest but Notts Paviors in travel time is defo longer than Derby & West Bridgeford.

Russell Crow

• Finding my feet
Reply #13 on: March 21, 2022, 03:58:38 PM

Surely cant be that confident at Dukes Park of promotion? Still to play West Leeds and Selby, I'm sure they both might have something to say about it. Maybe keep Arton's sparkling wine on ice for another couple of weeks.

Looking at the remaining fixtures I’d say it was just about a certainty that Brid would be in the top 5
Ní dhéanfadh an soal capall rasa d’asal

Differ Lid

• Forum old hand
Reply #14 on: March 21, 2022, 04:53:01 PM

Looking at the remaining fixtures I’d say it was just about a certainty that Brid would be in the top 5

Sport is a wonderful thing with nothing certain, and whilst it’s unlikely they will miss out, maths still makes it possible for it to happen. I can’t imagine the Brid players will be celebrating just yet.

(Implying Brid can afford to lose the last 4 games and still cruise in to NE1 is a little insulting to WL and Selby)

Also are Bridlington’s imports seeing out the end of the season? I see one has left already! Certainly could play a part given the early season form