$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Yorkshire meeting

Yorkshire meeting

This is a discussion for the topic Yorkshire meeting on the board Other Senior Rugby.

Author Topic: Yorkshire meeting  (Read 5806 times)

NeilL

• Finding my feet
Reply #30 on: March 04, 2022, 01:03:24 PM
The rules of the south yorks cups do not allow players who have played more than a handful of 1st team games to play (I belive it's 4).

NeilL

• Finding my feet
Reply #31 on: March 04, 2022, 01:08:36 PM
Fair points however the cricket analogy doesn't hold up to scrutiny when the differences between the two sports are factored in.

Not sure there is any solution to this problem...we need to find the least bad.
Go on then, explain to me what those differences are?
You might also want to look at BUCS, the universities league structure for rugby. Where Newcastle Universities 5th team play in a league tier with other universities 1st 2nd and 3rd teams.

Golferkev

• Finding my feet
Reply #32 on: March 05, 2022, 01:43:26 PM
The rules of the south yorks cups do not allow players who have played more than a handful of 1st team games to play (I belive it's 4).

I’m sure you’re correct. I’m only repeating what my hazy  memory believes we were told at the time

The point remains though. Whether 4 or 6 and even against a lowly Yorkshire division 5 side ( yes 5!) teams would put out far better than needed players to ensure victory and I’m sure this would have happened if admitted to the league structure