$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results 9 April

Results 9 April

This is a discussion for the topic Results 9 April on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Results 9 April  (Read 2016 times)

Oldandslow

• A little respect please...
on: April 09, 2022, 06:18:51 PM
Beverley 31 - 21 Roundhegians
Bradford Salem 52 - 24 Huddersfield Y.M.C.A.
Goole 55 - 19 Leodiensian
Middlesbrough 41 - 15 Dinnington
Old Crossleyans 29 - 9 Old Rishworthian
Selby 34 - 30 Bridlington
West Leeds 13 - 21 Pontefract

Oldandslow

Reply #1 on: April 09, 2022, 06:31:18 PM
I was a visitor at the Selby Brid game. Both sides I was told had players missing but an entertaining game, both sides better at attack than defence. While I know Brid wanted a win to make fourth place and promotion certain the losing bonus points a big plus for Brid.

Selby can now only overtake Brid with a 5 point win in two week time against Ponte and then only if Brid get nothing at home against Goole.

If the clubs finish equal on points Brid will still take fourth because of their higher number of wins. I had a long debate with some Selby members who thought it was points difference. Checked the RFU Regs just now its wins, then Draws etc.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 06:47:55 PM by Oldandslow »

Oldandslow

Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 06:54:01 AM
Todays results rule out Pontefract from winning the league. Its now down to two teams… both playing at Acklam park on 23rd April. What a game that is going to be!!

You are right it will be a rest game at Acklam, it’s not do or die for Middlesbrough as they still have the fixture with YMCA to play.

Pontefract will have a big say in who gets forth spot they have Selby at home, whenever I visit Ponte they tell me they want to avenge their loss at Selby first game of the season.

Two great fixtures on the 23 April.

ponte animal

• One of the boys
Reply #3 on: April 10, 2022, 09:07:01 AM
Yes, two great fixtures. Looks like it is in the bag for Boro, who deserve it over the season. Crocs loss at home to YM and Pontes away to Salem and Leo's probably the difference.  Ponte have a good chance to finish second with a five pointer v Selby which would be a good effort. Not sure West Leeds were too disappointed at missing out tbh. Put up a good show yesterday though, a tough match.

Oldandslow

Reply #4 on: April 10, 2022, 12:45:03 PM
And don’t forget Brid v Goole.

Bric  need one point to be certain of forth place in the league and certain promotion playing Goole who have been transformed since Christmas.