$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Heath v Scarbs

Author Topic: Heath v Scarbs  (Read 3969 times)

Online backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
Re: Heath v Scarbs
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2022, 12:56:16 PM »
I think most North and East Yorkshire clubs are unfamiliar with the concept of paying players to attract them. It's very different in your neck of the woods in West Yorkshire.

Your holier than thou act about “north and East Yorkshire clubs” is just that. An act.

We all know the clubs that spend money, be that brown envelopes from “sponsors” or properly conducted, and some of the them are certainly from the east coast.

If it is sustainable and above board crack on. If it leaves you in the position bees have found them selves then a rethink is in order.

Massive respect for the bees boys that have turned out this season, but to again be offering money to players is outrageous.

The best thing they could do is to start again from the bottom with a proper plan and within 5 years they will back at level 7/6 and in a much sounder place.

The East Coast remains an oasis of amateur rugby bliss compared to West Yorkshire. But like you say, if it's above board and sustainable then crack on. The point is....it is rarely either.

I'm surprised that B&B see their way of the hole is to buy more temporary spades.  I think a long term plan to build a ladder would be a better idea. What do I know....
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Offline leg

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2022, 04:36:11 PM »
What about all those Australians you had? 🤦???

Online backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2022, 07:15:54 PM »
Er..not sure I can recall any Aussies..
Although we do have a new mine development up the road which has many Aussies there. I think a couple headed down at some point.

As the for the general point about overseas visitors, where would you rather go for a couple of years of surfing and rugby.... Scarborough or say,.... Halifax??? Not much surf there!
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Offline leg

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2022, 08:13:07 PM »
😂

Offline Johnosjstrap

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2022, 08:17:25 AM »
It will be a tragedy if those boys who've knocked their pans in trying to fulfill games for the Bees are cast aside next season for 'better' players they buy in.

We'll see....