$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Heath v Scarbs

Heath v Scarbs

This is a discussion for the topic Heath v Scarbs on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Heath v Scarbs  (Read 5662 times)

Stevo

• One of the boys
on: April 19, 2022, 10:17:26 PM
No comment from either Heath or Scarbs about the game Saturday?

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #1 on: April 19, 2022, 11:37:41 PM
Good win for heath. I don't think many people take much notice of Easter weekend fixtures.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Pristine Shorts

Reply #2 on: April 20, 2022, 08:30:39 AM
I hear Morpeth v Bradford and Bingley was a cracker !

Stevo

• One of the boys
Reply #3 on: April 20, 2022, 09:57:05 AM
And this is why no one is bothered about the forum, ask a sensible question and get 1 stupid comment and 1 comment from someone you can't usually shut up bigging his team up

Differ Lid

• Forum old hand
Reply #4 on: April 20, 2022, 10:17:42 AM
From what I have read Scarborough played a number of younger players / second team players due to unavailability.

You would imagine something could be said for the two 17 year old's making debut or the experienced gained by players who normally wouldn't get an opportunity? 

The score-line might be a reflection of the difference in the 2 teams, but surely not the attitude of the players or coaching staff who made sure the game went ahead? Which would be good to hear about.

Hats off to Scarborough for travelling knowing it was going to be a tough day. Certain sides could learn a lot from the commitment to the league

Pristine Shorts

Reply #5 on: April 20, 2022, 10:23:28 AM
Decent report on the Heath website. Nothing as yet on Scarborough’s.

And there’s a difference between ‘stupid’ and ‘ironic’, Stevo.

Stevo

• One of the boys
Reply #6 on: April 20, 2022, 10:37:30 AM
We all knew the other game was off, hence the stupid comment

Differ Lid

• Forum old hand
Reply #7 on: April 20, 2022, 10:38:15 AM

In Scarborough's defense they have a match report and even match highlights available on twitter

Pristine Shorts

Reply #8 on: April 20, 2022, 10:43:46 AM

In Scarborough's defense they have a match report and even match highlights available on twitter
I think I’m right in saying that Scarbs always delayed their report on the website until it appeared in the local paper. The lovely chap who used to do it passed away, but perhaps the ‘tradition’ lives on.

dadbod14

• Finding my feet
Reply #9 on: April 20, 2022, 12:28:56 PM
And this is why no one is bothered about the forum, ask a sensible question and get 1 stupid comment and 1 comment from someone you can't usually shut up bigging his team up

He’s been very quite this year. Might have something to do with the lack of wins

avinastella

Reply #10 on: April 20, 2022, 03:12:47 PM
This was posted up on Sunday. So they were hardly hiding.
https://youtu.be/VQ_7aDIJ5n8
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 03:30:43 PM by avinastella »
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Ribb Exile in Lancs

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #11 on: April 20, 2022, 06:58:16 PM
Credit to Scarborough for travelling with a badly weakened team despite expecting a big defeat.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #12 on: April 21, 2022, 07:04:31 AM
Yes posting the report on the website is always delayed until after the publication of the local paper on Thursday. There are occasions when, due to holidays etc, it may be delayed another couple of days.

As has been pointed out we hardly hide from public scrutiny win lose or draw with more exposure on various channels than all other clubs in the league by some distance.

Pristine, yes sadly Dave Campbell died during covid after bravely fighting cancer for 20 years. However we have an excellent young replacement who has taken on the task, kept all the traditions alive and added a new multimedia dimension.

As Differ rightly pointing out various colts have been making their debuts of late. Our club weekly email newsletter goes out to all 2500 members plus many more local people, sponsors, businesses and interested parties. In the last edition we mentioned the 20 players by name who had made their first team debuts in recent weeks. Of which 11 are this season's colts who have all come right through the ranks.

It wasn't ideal having to play so many youngsters in the run in at the end of season, especially when we had the top 4 to play in the last 5 games but that's sport. Other clubs have had to do the same (or not in the case of B&B). All of them played with heart and determination....they will be better for the experience when next season starts.

Thank you for the concern of me not posting as much..it's nothing to do with Scarboroughs results (although let's be honest, we all find it easier to talk about your side when they're winning...that's human nature and I'm no different). Due to other circumstances which will be resolved shortly I haven't been able to attend many matches this season (despite being at the club 6/7 days a week even if only for 20 mins sometimes). So it's difficult to offer much insight into matches.

However I'm at Silver Royd this Saturday. The Driffield contingent will be bitterly disappointed (😊)as I'm not hosting due to being on the Anglo American table but I will be able to offer a match report. No doubt it wil be another heavy loss as the mighty Driff machine rolls into town but it should be entertaining none the less.

I wonder if the Driff players are looking forward to their 8 hour round trips next season?!? We're looking forward to Malton, Pocklington, Selby, Bridlington and other friends from Yorkshire!

I'll read Heath's match report now.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #13 on: April 21, 2022, 07:07:05 AM

Charming!

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #14 on: April 21, 2022, 07:14:31 AM
"Rugby fan enthusiastically supports his own team" - shock horror, what a travesty of sport