$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Heath v Scarbs

Heath v Scarbs

This is a discussion for the topic Heath v Scarbs on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Heath v Scarbs  (Read 5698 times)

Pristine Shorts

• A little respect please...
Reply #15 on: April 21, 2022, 08:58:34 AM
“However I'm at Silver Royd this Saturday. The Driffield contingent will be bitterly disappointed (😊)as I'm not hosting due to being on the Anglo American table but I will be able to offer a match report. No doubt it wil be another heavy loss as the mighty Driff machine rolls into town but it should be entertaining none the less.”

Nice to see you back on form, BRB !

And I’m counting you to put one on our friends from Driff, or at the very least, restrict their win to three tries max…. Having said that, I wouldn’t want Consett to be doing the same to us !

And RIP Dave Campbell - he was indeed a lovely feller.

maltyjruggers

• Finding my feet
Reply #16 on: April 21, 2022, 09:27:55 AM
Should rename this forum, the Bees Bashing Forum. Try having to field a 2nd XV and u17s for a whole season. See how many players would still make that journey after 19-20 games of facing teams technically and physically dominant than you. It is demoralising and rugby begins to to be a chore instead of enjoyment which every player must have to be play this game we all love.

Pristine Shorts

Reply #17 on: April 21, 2022, 10:00:56 AM
Should rename this forum, the Bees Bashing Forum. Try having to field a 2nd XV and u17s for a whole season. See how many players would still make that journey after 19-20 games of facing teams technically and physically dominant than you. It is demoralising and rugby begins to to be a chore instead of enjoyment which every player must have to be play this game we all love.

I don’t think that’s an altogether fair assessment of the comments expressed in this forum. Looking back, there is plenty of acknowledgment of the efforts put in by the Bees’ players and even of those by the remaining Admin people.

It’s unfortunate though that the Bees’ travails have affected other Clubs too, in terms of lost bar-revenue, match points etc It’s been a tough season for a lot of Clubs.

maltyjruggers

• Finding my feet
Reply #18 on: April 21, 2022, 10:33:58 AM
There is a perhaps a small but vocal element to this forum who would be very happy for Bradford & Bingley seize existence which is hypocritical as, as a sport playing numbers are dwindling which as impacted many clubs not just the Bees. This post congratulating Scarborough for playing the game at the weekend with a "weakened side" does display double standards.

Differ Lid

• Forum old hand
Reply #19 on: April 21, 2022, 10:51:27 AM
There is a perhaps a small but vocal element to this forum who would be very happy for Bradford & Bingley seize existence which is hypocritical as, as a sport playing numbers are dwindling which as impacted many clubs not just the Bees. This post congratulating Scarborough for playing the game at the weekend with a "weakened side" does display double standards.

I've certainly been critical of B&B for not fielding a side, and have also congratulated B&B players for turning out when the games have gone ahead as not an easy position to be in for the players, knowing they are turning out most weeks to not be competitive. Not enjoyable.

The criticism from most has come from how the club has been run (or perceived to have been run from an outsiders perspective). Ultimately only those on the inside will know the truth about the spending habits, and lack of spending this season. If the rumblings are to be believed that its in a hope of a big promotion push next season with the extra playing budget saved, then obviously very few are to have sympathy for the clubs standing this season.

However I don't believe anyone taking the time to post on this forum, follow rugby in our region and clearly love our sport is hoping for any club to fold.

maltyjruggers

• Finding my feet
Reply #20 on: April 21, 2022, 11:18:30 AM
The issue with the club this season, without going into great detail, is while a lot of players have left the club, some relocating down south, some to other clubs and the rest packing in playing altogether, we have also had people off the field leave the club and the club have been guilty of overlooking vital facets of running and maintaining a rugby club both on and off the field. While other clubs were actively planning for the return of rugby after the cancelled 20/21 season there was no such planning taking place at the Bees.

What has happened during this season, is a small group of ex-players are volunteering their time to pull together what they can to keep the club going and planning for not just next season but to build a model for future years. What is clear is the club need to recruit players to be able to compete at this level, the current squad would struggle to compete even in Y1 and Y2. We have a pool of u16's and u17's coming through who will boost the playing numbers over the next 2-3 years allowing for a 2nd XV as well as 1st XV. New sponsors have been secured with more sponsors being lined up for next season.

In terms of financing the team next season, there is likely money available for the playing side which won't be going in brown envelopes but instead funding kit, equipment and allowing players to have a well earned beer or two after the games. Bingley Music Live which is now rebranded Bingley Weekender since its relocation to Bradford & Bingley RFC brings in a large revenue which has been missing for two years due to the pandemic forcing its cancellation. This is returning this year in August, will create a welcome boost to the club.

Differ Lid

• Forum old hand
Reply #21 on: April 21, 2022, 11:45:47 AM
The issue with the club this season, without going into great detail, is while a lot of players have left the club, some relocating down south, some to other clubs and the rest packing in playing altogether, we have also had people off the field leave the club and the club have been guilty of overlooking vital facets of running and maintaining a rugby club both on and off the field. While other clubs were actively planning for the return of rugby after the cancelled 20/21 season there was no such planning taking place at the Bees.

What has happened during this season, is a small group of ex-players are volunteering their time to pull together what they can to keep the club going and planning for not just next season but to build a model for future years. What is clear is the club need to recruit players to be able to compete at this level, the current squad would struggle to compete even in Y1 and Y2. We have a pool of u16's and u17's coming through who will boost the playing numbers over the next 2-3 years allowing for a 2nd XV as well as 1st XV. New sponsors have been secured with more sponsors being lined up for next season.

In terms of financing the team next season, there is likely money available for the playing side which won't be going in brown envelopes but instead funding kit, equipment and allowing players to have a well earned beer or two after the games. Bingley Music Live which is now rebranded Bingley Weekender since its relocation to Bradford & Bingley RFC brings in a large revenue which has been missing for two years due to the pandemic forcing its cancellation. This is returning this year in August, will create a welcome boost to the club.

Brilliant post, and does give great insight into the struggles and the reasons why the 1st team are in the current position.

Hopefully following this season B&B rebuild as mentioned, and can develop the home grown talent coming through

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #22 on: April 21, 2022, 12:30:08 PM
I agree an excellent post and some very fair points (although I also agree with the sentiments in Differs post which is a good summary of past feelings).

Hopefully the hard work by a few at B&B will pay dividends.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

BenFairclough

Reply #23 on: April 22, 2022, 10:32:36 AM
Maltyjruggers - my friends who play at Otley, who are ex Bradford players have been contacted recently, may say different about you guys offering 'kit and beer money' only for next season.

Your issue is you don't have any 'club men', money dries up and then players leave as they have no connection to the club.

Vicious cycle and your young lads who have put their hands up to play this year have taken the brunt of it.

Might paper over the cracks next season but will only crumble again if/when money runs out.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 10:36:25 AM by BenFairclough »

maltyjruggers

• Finding my feet
Reply #24 on: April 22, 2022, 11:46:56 AM
As mentioned before, with new sponsoring and the return of the music festival, there will be some money available. I am aware of the ex Bees players offered money to return, the club obviously need to recruit to compete next season, former players bring back interest from locals, other sponsors and supporters of the club.

Differ Lid

• Forum old hand
Reply #25 on: April 22, 2022, 01:00:00 PM
Not long until next season, and sure we will see if the recruitment is going to be based on the long term benefit of the U17s and U16s development through to senior rugby, or the short term benefit of a promotion push from a league that the club has already shown zero ability to compete at when the money is removed.

Surely you can understand malty why a number of people are uneasy with what can easily be perceived as a club resting on its laurels with zero threat of relegation?

maltyjruggers

• Finding my feet
Reply #26 on: April 22, 2022, 02:27:21 PM
Absolutely, it has happened before and it is down to the club to come up with a sustainable solution to rebuild again.

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #27 on: April 22, 2022, 04:04:03 PM
I think most North and East Yorkshire clubs are unfamiliar with the concept of paying players to attract them. It's very different in your neck of the woods in West Yorkshire.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Shed

• Forum old hand
Reply #28 on: April 22, 2022, 10:51:42 PM
I think most North and East Yorkshire clubs are unfamiliar with the concept of paying players to attract them. It's very different in your neck of the woods in West Yorkshire.

Your holier than thou act about “north and East Yorkshire clubs” is just that. An act.

We all know the clubs that spend money, be that brown envelopes from “sponsors” or properly conducted, and some of the them are certainly from the east coast.

If it is sustainable and above board crack on. If it leaves you in the position bees have found them selves then a rethink is in order.

Massive respect for the bees boys that have turned out this season, but to again be offering money to players is outrageous.

The best thing they could do is to start again from the bottom with a proper plan and within 5 years they will back at level 7/6 and in a much sounder place.

KLY-LAD

• Finding my feet
Reply #29 on: April 23, 2022, 11:39:45 AM
As mentioned before, with new sponsoring and the return of the music festival, there will be some money available. I am aware of the ex Bees players offered money to return, the club obviously need to recruit to compete next season, former players bring back interest from locals, other sponsors and supporters of the club.

That statement didn’t age well!

”there is likely money available for the playing side which won't be going in brown envelopes but instead funding kit, equipment and allowing players to have a well earned beer or two after the games”