$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; The final full weekend

The final full weekend

This is a discussion for the topic The final full weekend on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: The final full weekend  (Read 3260 times)

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
on: April 23, 2022, 12:58:56 PM
Good luck everyone and after two crappy years it's good that we have pretty much completed a season.

All clubs will be playing less rugby next season and according to the RFU that means that players will be flooding back into the game. Let's see.

It will be interesting to follow the score updates today...

I understand Pristine and Differ have a wager of how long it will take Driffield to put 70 on Scarborough?
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #1 on: April 23, 2022, 04:03:31 PM
50 mins gone...

Scarborough 26 - 21 Driffield.

Long way to go. Good match

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #2 on: April 23, 2022, 04:33:22 PM
Current score in injury time.

Scarborough 37 - 21 Driffield

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #3 on: April 23, 2022, 04:37:43 PM
Final score
Scarborough 39 -28 Driffield

Pristine Shorts

Reply #4 on: April 23, 2022, 04:42:05 PM
Yippee ! Well done Scarbs !

Pristine Shorts

Reply #5 on: April 23, 2022, 04:49:10 PM
Good luck everyone and after two crappy years it's good that we have pretty much completed a season.

All clubs will be playing less rugby next season and according to the RFU that means that players will be flooding back into the game. Let's see.

It will be interesting to follow the score updates today...

I understand Pristine and Differ have a wager of how long it will take Driffield to put 70 on Scarborough?

Sorry, BRB, I missed that. Over two games it would appear…. Well done the Seasiders ! Build another wing !

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #6 on: April 23, 2022, 07:24:44 PM
Very pleased with the result but not entirely surpised. Scarborough had many players returning. The experience the colts have enjoyed over recent weeks will stand them in good stead for next season and they did themselves proud. However today there was a wave of returning players available for selection.

It was a hugely entertaining game with both sides playing wide expansive rugby. The difference was probably Scarboroughs physicality and work at the breakdown which was a bit too much for Driffield. There was some very good performances by both sides and it will be a shame to see Driffield in another League next year.

Big crowd and sold out meal beforehand.

Good end to the season.

Kellythorpe

• One of the boys
Reply #7 on: April 23, 2022, 07:45:24 PM
Plenty of mistakes in this open game, but Driffield made the most, certainly Scarborough 's tackling being an important factor. I know it is an obvious thing to say but much THE  better side won. S seemed really up for this game and gave Driffield's usual fast game little room to move. Although not selected for man of the match, my choice was fly half Ratcliff. His excellent distribution and delayed passing as well as his kicking out of hand were first class. Driffield's failure to hold onto the ball was exasperating to watch, but S were always in their faces and their confidence grew with game.

Pristine Shorts

Reply #8 on: April 23, 2022, 08:20:04 PM
Driff and Scarbs - two great Clubs and it’s been a pleasure.

Differ Lid

• Forum old hand
Reply #9 on: April 24, 2022, 06:50:44 AM
Well done to Scarborough, stopped Driffield playing rugby with some very quick line speed and very physical tackles.

Scarborough 10 was very impressive and controlled the game in attack.

Derby match that Scarborough looked very up for, the crowd certainly sounded happy with the bonus point win to finish the season.

Congrats to Heath and Ikley, it’s been brilliant year of rugby

MyPennysWorth

• Finding my feet
Reply #10 on: April 24, 2022, 08:35:29 PM
With Cleck being away up at Durham City I decided to head over to Pocklington to see if they could do us a favour in the battle for promotion!

After 15 minutes I thought our luck was in. Pocklington came out of the traps at full tilt and really took it to Heath with the Pock 10 breaking through untouched twice to score under the posts 14-0.

Testament to Heath, although not traditionally a high scoring side they showed exactly why they are right up there with the best in the league, coming back strongly showing great composure against a strong wind  to level the scores to 14-14 at HT. With a big wind in their favour second half it truly was game on.

Both sides traded blows in the first 15 mins after HT, Heath scoring first followed by a penalty. 24-14.
Pock then finishing a well rounded passage of possession 24-21.
Heath then immediately scored from the kick off via a superb individual 50 metre break  31-21.

Should Heath have scored again next this would have felt like game over, however Pock had other ideas scoring a try of their own, 31-26. Pocklington then scored again in the final play of the game  (initially given as held up by the referee, then overturned by the independent linesman). The conversion was missed from wide out to level the game 31-31 at the final whistle.

This was a fantastic display of rugby from both sides. Pocklington showing why they have registered some great results in the second half of the season. Heath showing why they are well deserved of a second place finish in the league through their never say die attitude, composure and togetherness when it matters most.

As a local rugby fan I wish them all the best, alongside Driffield and Ilkley in the newly formed Northern Premier / National League 3 division next season.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #11 on: April 24, 2022, 11:06:22 PM
"independent touch judge".

Interesting to hear the circumstances around that? Was it a society appointment?

MyPennysWorth

• Finding my feet
Reply #12 on: April 25, 2022, 06:55:33 PM
Yes BRB. First one I’ve seen this season. Unsure as to why!