$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Newly Formed Yorkshire / NE1 League!

Newly Formed Yorkshire / NE1 League!

This is a discussion for the topic Newly Formed Yorkshire / NE1 League! on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Newly Formed Yorkshire / NE1 League!  (Read 3636 times)

MyPennysWorth

• Finding my feet
on: April 25, 2022, 07:02:17 PM
Presume this may become the forum for the newly formed Yorkshire / NE1 league!

This looks like it’s going to be a very competitive league next season, with the like of Crossleyans, Pontefract and Brid joining in. The question is will these sides have the ability to kick on and challenge to be the best like Heath have done this year?

Or will there be an apparent disparity between the sides coming up and those ever present in NE1 over the last few years.

After watching on Saturday Pocklington will no doubt be looking to kick on. As much as BRB will tell us Scarborough plan to push through their colts, the fact the strongest side automatically came back in on Saturday to beat Driffield tells us they will be competing for the top spots, alongside no doubt down at Cleckheaton.

Will the Brods look to kick on following a solid top 6 finish? Could Moortown be a contender with their youthful side coming through? What will Morley / M&N throw into the mix after reasonable seasons?

Many good questions to be answered next time in which I personally can’t wait for!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 06:43:17 AM by MyPennysWorth »

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 06:44:03 AM
Yes I'll have to get my head around what the league's are called and see which boards get renamed to what...and if we need another one?
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Johnosjstrap

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: April 26, 2022, 05:28:01 PM
We up North will have to try and rustle up a new forum for whatever we're going into next season!

I will of course keep checking in here, I'm keen to find out how Bees arriving in September with a bulging war chest goes down

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #3 on: April 26, 2022, 08:03:18 PM
Maybe a combined board for the two level 6 leagues?
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Johnosjstrap

• Finding my feet
Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 09:44:55 AM
Now that's a good idea!

Pristine Shorts

Reply #5 on: May 05, 2022, 01:52:30 PM
I’ll miss most of the NE1 Clubs next year ( though not all ! )

The new League will enjoy Pontefract’s massive meat pie, if they’re invited to lunch that is. “No tunnelin’ “ was the rule !

Not been to Brid for a while. Has it changed ? I seem to recall that old chap who kicked the longest drop-goal ever passed away.

Never liked playing at Crocs. Possibly because we always lost !

ponte animal

• One of the boys
Reply #6 on: May 05, 2022, 05:29:32 PM
The Ponte meat pie is still on the go. If not invited, blag your way in is my advice. Never known anyone refused yet. Looking forward to visiting a few new places and catching up with a few old friends. Brid still the same, great atmosphere in the club whenever I go. Only place our older alicadoos refuse to go because of the nasty atmosphere in the stand which is a shame, but all part of making it a tough place to go and get a result in my opinion. Our stand can be embarrassing at times so not pontificating. Crocs always a tough trip with a tough crowd, again an enjoyable atmosphere afterwards. If Selby go up you will enjoy their first class facilities.
  Can't remember the last time Scarborough and Pock were on our fixture list so looking forward to that. Playing Morley and Bees in the league for us would be unthinkable not so long ago, again something to look forward to. Hopefully we will be competative, I am sure we will.