$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Congratulations Ilkley Heath and Driffield

Author Topic: Congratulations Ilkley Heath and Driffield  (Read 924 times)

Offline Woody

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Congratulations Ilkley Heath and Driffield
« on: April 26, 2022, 11:25:32 AM »
Congratulations Ilkley, Heath and Driffield.

Ilkley (the injured stallion) have played some fantastic rugby this season and showed a lot of mental strength having been relegated the previous season. I personally watched four of their games, two they lost against heath and Scarborough. Both epic battles. Following these losses they remained focused and consistent until the end of the season. It is a great club and I’m sure they will have another successful season next year.

Heath (the new pack) have battled their way to promotion, most weeks facing a club who they have never faced or have not faced for some years. A team which has grown and become stronger after each game. They are known as the meat grinder and the team that never gives up. Something they have learned from years of pushing for promotion from Yorkshire 1. If they add a few more strings to their bow I think they will be just as dangerous next season.

Driffield (the veteran) have been outstanding this season, starting the season with 2 draws must have been tough. Having a few years of north 1 east experience showed its worth and they remained focused, the only surprise result coming at the hands of Scarborough on the last day of the season. Although having watched Scarborough beat Ilkley earlier in the year with a similar team sheet, I was certainly not surprised.  Driffield, much like heath, are a powerful team and if they recruit well this summer they will certainly be successful.

Cleckheaton have been unlucky not to finish in the top three. They finished the season very strong and will be contenders for the top spot next season.

Well done to all teams who have competed this year. It’s been a pleasure.

Offline Pristine Shorts

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
Re: Congratulations Ilkley Heath and Driffield
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 05:57:56 PM »
Kind words, Woody. Thank you. As a matter of interest, which were the other two games you saw Ilkley play ? Brods ?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 10:28:11 PM by Pristine Shorts »

Offline Woody

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Re: Congratulations Ilkley Heath and Driffield
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2022, 07:03:20 PM »
Your very welcome. I watched Ilkley play Morpeth at home, Scarborough away, moortown away and heath at home. I just realised Ilkley lost against moortown in that game also. Perhaps I should avoid watching your games next season as I’m clearly bad luck 😂😂