$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Bees v Ilkley

Bees v Ilkley

This is a discussion for the topic Bees v Ilkley on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Bees v Ilkley  (Read 4091 times)

Pristine Shorts

• A little respect please...
on: April 29, 2022, 11:16:47 AM
Unsurprisingly, the match scheduled for tomorrow has been called off by Bees.

I wouldn’t have thought anyone would have wanted to play it, when there is not really anything left to play for.

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #1 on: April 29, 2022, 12:42:24 PM
As you say no surprise.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

omigidiant

• Legend
Reply #2 on: April 30, 2022, 01:02:57 AM
It's still very annoying that they have been able to chose who they will and who they will not play. Not a club worthy of a club included into any of our Yorkshire leagues as far as I'm concerned. They should be condemned to the lowest league available and required to compete from there. Just saying.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 01:05:35 AM by omigidiant »
Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Woody

• One of the boys
Reply #3 on: April 30, 2022, 08:30:54 AM
The game was pointless anyway, Ilkley have won the league already and Bradford are struggling. No injuries for both sides, both teams will be happy to have a weekend off. Bradford are in a bad way, but the players have tried their best to be competitive. They will aim to bounce back next season, but if they are unable to build a squad they should be realistic and drop down to Yorkshire 2 or 3 perhaps. I feel Yorkshire 1 would be to strong. Would this allow for another team from the leagues below to be promoted?

Ribbflagman

Reply #4 on: April 30, 2022, 08:57:45 AM
I am sure that Ilkley sponsorship team will be very disappointed as their work in selling lunch tables, match sponsorship etc has all been in vain.
As to rebuilding a squad capable of competing in NE1 if they hope to do it by offering Y2 players money to travel ( I know it's true) I fear it may be another season of struggle for a once proud club.
It's a shame but you reap what you sow.  Think it needs a real shake up and a long term plan that will inevitably mean dropping down at least 1 maybe 2 leagues to rebuild.
Having said that it's only Bees that are struggling. West Park Leeds couldn't fill a home fixture last week.
Who would have ever forseen that.

Pristine Shorts

Reply #5 on: April 30, 2022, 12:39:24 PM
An AWO has been duly posted, so Ilkley finish with 105 points.

What happens next season is anybody’s guess, but I can’t see the Bees prospering in Y1 unless…..

Stevo

• One of the boys
Reply #6 on: April 30, 2022, 02:22:52 PM
They won't be in Y1 next season, no relegation this season

Pristine Shorts

Reply #7 on: April 30, 2022, 02:31:59 PM
Quite right. My mistake - NE1 or whatever it will be called.

Rob13

• Forum old hand
Reply #8 on: April 30, 2022, 06:52:56 PM
I am sure that Ilkley sponsorship team will be very disappointed as their work in selling lunch tables, match sponsorship etc has all been in vain.
As to rebuilding a squad capable of competing in NE1 if they hope to do it by offering Y2 players money to travel ( I know it's true) I fear it may be another season of struggle for a once proud club.
It's a shame but you reap what you sow.  Think it needs a real shake up and a long term plan that will inevitably mean dropping down at least 1 maybe 2 leagues to rebuild.
Having said that it's only Bees that are struggling. West Park Leeds couldn't fill a home fixture last week.

£50 a game if what I’m hearing is correct per player.

Ribbflagman

Reply #9 on: April 30, 2022, 08:26:35 PM
I couldn't possibly say Rob I would not break a confidence, especially on here, but!!!!
Madness imo.

avinastella

Reply #10 on: May 01, 2022, 12:57:18 AM
They won't be in Y1 next season, no relegation this season
The rules don't allow a single league drop.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #11 on: May 01, 2022, 08:13:38 AM
So what are the different L6 leagues in Yorkshire and and north east called?
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

avinastella

Reply #12 on: May 01, 2022, 10:53:43 AM

£50 a game if what I’m hearing is correct per player.
Correct, and they were at our place on Tuesday night offering some of our lads £100/wk if they'd sign for them.

Ribbflagman

Reply #13 on: May 01, 2022, 12:17:30 PM
surely your boys would not take a drop in pay to go to a washed out club unless they are true mercenaries.

avinastella

Reply #14 on: May 01, 2022, 12:53:51 PM
surely your boys would not take a drop in pay to go to a washed out club unless they are true mercenaries.
Absolutely not.