$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; B&B docked 10 points

B&B docked 10 points

This is a discussion for the topic B&B docked 10 points on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: B&B docked 10 points  (Read 4208 times)

Part time hooker

• Finding my feet
on: May 31, 2022, 02:41:15 PM
It's going to be a long season for Bradford and Bingley.
Hope they can bounce back from it.

howzat

• One of the boys
Reply #1 on: May 31, 2022, 03:28:18 PM
Should be relegated down to Yorkshire 3, a joke that they have been allowed to stay up when there are teams in Yorkshire One more than capable of making the step up.

avinastella

• A little respect please...
Reply #2 on: May 31, 2022, 03:32:24 PM
It's going to be a long season for Bradford and Bingley.
Hope they can bounce back from it.
Very lucky to get away with just 10 points and a suspended relegation.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #3 on: May 31, 2022, 08:45:09 PM
I'm told Hugh Gumbs banned for 6 months too?? Anyone confirm
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Rugby01

• One of the boys
Reply #4 on: May 31, 2022, 08:48:37 PM
10 point deduction, coach banned for 6 months and various admin process strengthened.

The sanctions, effective next season, are to do with fielding under age players without confirmation from Yorkshire RFU. A warning to all.

I agree with avinastella. I think that B&B have been dealt with quite leniently.

The link to the full minutes of the RFU Disciplinary Hearing is below
https://www.englandrugby.com//dxdam/10/10ccb29e-4876-4222-91fb-822da896695e/Bradford-and-Bingley-RFC-Judgment-May-22.pdf

I have also tried to attach the pdf file

Premier3

• Finding my feet
Reply #5 on: May 31, 2022, 10:57:24 PM
Shocking Read

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #6 on: June 01, 2022, 07:05:21 AM
It's interesting that the other matter of seemingly being unable or unwilling to fulfill fixtures hasn't been addressed.
I don't want to kick a club that is down but if any league in any sport doesn't punish not fulfilling fixtures then the integrity of the competition comes into question.

There is an in-season points deduction for not fulfilling a fixture however there doesn't seem to be any further sanction for this happening frequently and/or selectively. Did B&B blob on any of their home games?

I'm not doubting the troubles they had and we all want every rugby club to survive......but the league system must be robust in its application of the spirit of the competition.

Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Speccy

• Forum old hand
Reply #7 on: June 01, 2022, 07:27:25 AM
Looking at the Yorks RFU disciplinary site, it seemsa couple of other clubs have had pre season point deductions.

Pristine Shorts

Reply #8 on: June 01, 2022, 10:44:03 AM
It's interesting that the other matter of seemingly being unable or unwilling to fulfill fixtures hasn't been addressed.
I don't want to kick a club that is down but if any league in any sport doesn't punish not fulfilling fixtures then the integrity of the competition comes into question.

There is an in-season points deduction for not fulfilling a fixture however there doesn't seem to be any further sanction for this happening frequently and/or selectively. Did B&B blob on any of their home games?

I'm not doubting the troubles they had and we all want every rugby club to survive......but the league system must be robust in its application of the spirit of the competition.

They blobbed on their last game, which was at home against Ilkley, after the season had finished. This was a rearranged fixture that originally had been postponed because of snow. Ilkley were awarded an Away Walkover and 5 match points.

davie

• One of the boys
Reply #9 on: June 01, 2022, 11:25:28 AM
These rules are there to protect young players so not condoning what Bees did. However, it does show they were seriously trying to get a team out and fulfil fixtures.

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #10 on: June 01, 2022, 12:06:46 PM
Agree Davie, shows how desperate they were to fulfil fixtures and not let other clubs down. Sadly meaning they crossed the line in doing so.

Feels like it would be better to accept the relegation and give the lads who remain a chance of some competitive rugby next year.  I hope they don't throw money at it and a load of mercenaries appear again. Not sure it would send the right message out to the players on the end of the beatings this season. Those lads are who you should be building a club around once they find their level.

Pot bellied prop

• Finding my feet
Reply #11 on: June 01, 2022, 12:25:33 PM
Fully agree with you there Dan. Unfortunately from what I hear the recruitment of mercenaries has started already. Think one or two at the club are still convinced that throwing money at players rather than facilities is the way to grow the club and achieve success

Rugby01

• One of the boys
Reply #12 on: June 01, 2022, 04:29:01 PM
Looking at the Yorks RFU disciplinary site, it seemsa couple of other clubs have had pre season point deductions.

I might need your glasses Speccy but I could not see any club being sanctioned or having points deductions for next season on the YRFU web site. B&B were dealt with by the RFU.

I did see that Mosborough and Hull Ionians were warned as to their future conduct (Hearings both on April 27).
I also saw Leeds Corinthians were deducted 10 points on April 13th, but that looks as if it is for this season (April 13th hearing).

Who are the clubs and what are the sanctions?

Rugbyfan

• Finding my feet
Reply #13 on: June 01, 2022, 08:05:15 PM
It is indeed a damning report. As others have said it’s important to try and support clubs to survive and the rugby community generally to prosper. Very lucky to not be relegated as there appears to be little by the way of mitigation here. I think that promotion and relegation with integrity based on a clubs evolution (and not £££) is vital. Too many leagues have been bought in September each season. Or indeed, lost in the same way when the cash runs out. It’s all folly at this level. Drop to your natural level with dignity and come back the same way. Relegation can be a blessing and a promotion can always be earned later. Trust and respect is going to be much harder to win back at the B’s

Ribbflagman

Reply #14 on: June 02, 2022, 09:03:26 PM
Would like to echo all the messages of support to help Bees survive in their current situation BUT surely they simply cannot pay a load of journeymen taking "The Dollar" and expect a different outcome. My understanding is that, "that is the definition of madness". Repeating a previous action and expecting a different outcome. Let's see what transpires but I do know £50 plus a match has been offered to Y2 players. Another definition of madness.
At least Gumbs wont be back before the end on November. A sorry affair all round with not many telling the truth when questioned I believe. Anyway good luck to Bees and I hope you turn it round in a few years with players from your locality  even if you have to suffer a couple of relegation to rebuild both the side and the morale of the lads turning out for you.