$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; New season thoughts

Author Topic: New season thoughts  (Read 1737 times)

Offline howzat

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
New season thoughts
« on: June 21, 2022, 01:57:05 PM »
With preseason beginning who are the seasons runners and riders?

For me I can see only one eventual winner if all things stay relatively the same from last year - West Leeds.

But any information or new signings that might upset the apple cart please do share.

Would also be great to find out abit more about the promoted teams and their style of play, did anyone manage to watch them last season and compare their level with last years?

Who will struggle this year? I can't see how Huddersfield can turn things around without a brand new team and players don't seem to be a plenty. Think Salem will improve on last season, if they manage to keep the signings they made at the end of last season together.

Any other thoughts welcome.   

Offline old style prop

• A little respect please...
  • anyone seen me tabs.
    • View Profile
Re: New season thoughts
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 10:56:16 AM »
OSP from Wetherby here (fix sec - boots now hung up so only speaking as a watcher not player)

First time Wetherby have made the dizzy heights of Y1 so unknown venture for us. A lot of sides we have not played before at league level and I would hope we would at least hold our own. Last season was the first time I personally felt we were in the position to make the step up to Y1, as it was the first time in a long while (since the late 90's) that we had a 2nd team with a number of players capable of stepping upto 1s which is something i believe is needed at this level.

From my view of the 3 teams stepping up, you cant put a fag paper between them as last seasons final table shows. Last season Keighley were the more consistent and clinical all round team, Hullensians were more expansive keeping the ball moving and Wetherby played a narrower tight focused game. If those 3 teams stay the same i suspect chances are it will come down to the usual season decider of which team has the better season for injuries that finishes the higher.

Fingers crossed for a great season full of tight one try in it games all round, best of luck all.

Offline howzat

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
Re: New season thoughts
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 09:22:54 AM »
As preseason is progressing, any body have any other predictions for how the season will pan out?