$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Opinions on payments in Y4

Opinions on payments in Y4

This is a discussion for the topic Opinions on payments in Y4 on the board Yorkshire 4.

Author Topic: Opinions on payments in Y4  (Read 1941 times)

Rugbymadlad22

• Finding my feet
on: September 05, 2022, 10:23:35 PM
A good source has discussed that Halifax are throwing serious money about in Y4, where does the fun stop and the semi pro standards start? Does the tax man know? I assume they want to rush up the leagues but remember all the clubs that have tried and fallen from grace?

What’s everyone’s thoughts ??

JB26

• Finding my feet
Reply #1 on: September 06, 2022, 09:24:48 AM
I would love know where these rumours are coming from. I took over as head coach at the end of last season... we decided the best course of action was to start pre season 4 weeks early. The boys have worked their socks off for 3 months to be ready for the season. I find it quite offensive that your "reliable source" starts sprouting that the players are being paid, where good hard work is what they have given. Not too mention that we played against a Stocksbridge side that are very low on numbers, but still put out a tam against us... and were superb hosts throughout.
I said to the committee at Halifax, that no player gets paid under the table, as it is not fair on the rest of the squad, I would walk if that happened.
I'm not sure which club you are affiliated too, but will welcome you to Ovenden Park, with a free beer on me, from our "free token for training sessions" stash. Each player gets a couple of tokens for a free drink after each training session. I hope that sets the record straight. Don't belittle the passion and hardwork my players have put in.
As for Stocksbridge on the weekend gone, I was ecstatic with the win, it's a very difficult place to go to, especially in the winter, so we were really happy to get them early on, they will come on strong when they get their players back. We found them really accommodating and friendly, and I hope they found us gracious in victory.

Rugbymadlad22

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: September 06, 2022, 10:54:32 AM
i feel like that was more of a defensive reaction that an explanation, yes you state under the table payments you don't condone but what about above board? the information has come from within the club itself, you should have payed a hush hush bonus, i understand that you want to get promotion however its Y4 maybe in Y2/Y1 its acceptable but half the teams are social teams in Y4 i just feel sorry for those who didn't sell their club off.  O0

JB26

• Finding my feet
Reply #3 on: September 06, 2022, 11:20:52 AM
Not defensive at all. I like a good debate, but your info is incorrect. there are no players getting "paid". we all had to find a sponsor, to cover our stash, subs and a bit for the club. I wont stand for players getting money under the table, it is not sustainable and not correct in Y4.
However, we do offer beer (drinks) tokens for training. What club are you at mate?

Rugbymadlad22

• Finding my feet
Reply #4 on: September 06, 2022, 12:27:38 PM
 I have no commitment to any club i just live around Halifax/Huddersfield area so watch the most entertaining game on offer, i just don't get why people would lie? ah well its down to you chaps how you spend your cash, just don't let it allow you to crash and burn.

JB26

• Finding my feet
Reply #5 on: September 06, 2022, 12:59:28 PM
No cash wasted here my friend. The offer is open if you fancy coming down this weekend to watch, free beer on me.

Rugbymadlad22

• Finding my feet
Reply #6 on: September 06, 2022, 02:44:29 PM
Thank you kindly but I have a craving for the rishworthians game should be tasty

JB26

• Finding my feet
Reply #7 on: September 06, 2022, 04:29:41 PM
Ahh thats a shame, at least I wont lose my beer token now. Have fun

Golferkev

• Finding my feet
Reply #8 on: September 06, 2022, 09:44:36 PM
I always thought the potential benefit of training was a better chance of being in the first team

If we had beer tokens for turning up I would have put in many more appearances

Wallbanker

• One of the boys
Reply #9 on: September 07, 2022, 01:10:54 PM
my honest opinion is that no one should get paid until national level but its creeping into all levels now witch doesn't make it a fair playing field     

Ribbflagman

• A little respect please...
Reply #10 on: September 07, 2022, 03:01:12 PM
Mad dad 22.
                     I note with interest you going to a in which paid players will be playing. Maybe after spreading the rumour about Fax  you should take up the kind offer of tokenised beer. Also will be much cheaper admission.!!!

Golferkev

• Finding my feet
Reply #11 on: September 07, 2022, 09:00:15 PM
Admission to watch league 4.  What is the world coming to. 

I remember having to offer a young lady drinks all evening if she came to watch us. Waste of money that was!!i

avinastella

• A little respect please...
Reply #12 on: September 07, 2022, 10:11:44 PM
Admission to watch league 4.  What is the world coming to. 

I remember having to offer a young lady drinks all evening if she came to watch us. Waste of money that was!!i
Costs money to grow grass., run a club. etc etc. I'm sure you could afford a couple of quid for an afternoons entertainment?
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #13 on: September 07, 2022, 11:01:06 PM
So Ribbflagman seems to know if players are paid. I wonder where he got that from?

Golferkev

• Finding my feet
Reply #14 on: September 08, 2022, 08:56:11 AM
Costs money to grow grass., run a club. etc etc. I'm sure you could afford a couple of quid for an afternoons entertainment?

Don’t disagree with the concept. Just not seen it happening before. Don’t always carry cash nowadays so better take some with me next time I go to watch