$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Season Predictions

Season Predictions

This is a discussion for the topic Season Predictions on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: Season Predictions  (Read 2951 times)

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
on: August 24, 2022, 11:40:42 AM
Big change in Yorkshire 2 this year with 5 teams out and 3 teams in. Interesting one with a runaway top 3 all getting promoted last year so everything to play for. Difficult one for me to call as we at Pythons haven’t played at this level before but we are looking forward to it. Maybe others have some more informed predictions to make?

Of the other teams coming up obviously Barnsley are a force known to most in this league, they regrouped well last season and have no real weaknesses so I imagine they’ll be very competitive. Bramley will surprise a few teams, they are extremely well organised, committed and are really difficult to break down. At home particularly they are very strong.

For us it’s interesting. I’ve never played against Wheatley Hills, Wath, North Ribb, Ripon or Yarnbury in a league match before so it’s uncharted territory. Looking forward to making the step up and visiting some new grounds!

WingMan

• Finding my feet
Reply #1 on: August 24, 2022, 02:39:41 PM
I think I can speak for the rest of the lads at Bramley in that we are also buzzing about the prospect of playing in this league. A lot of the teams, we have never played before and personally I’m looking forward to playing somewhere new against unknown opposition.

I couldn’t really call it at this point  but definitely look forward to the challenge.

Wallbanker

• One of the boys
Reply #2 on: August 24, 2022, 03:38:02 PM
with what i saw in Y3 last year bramley will be there or there abouts if they've kept the core of the squad

Veteran

• Forum old hand
Reply #3 on: August 27, 2022, 10:56:13 AM
Got to be looking at The 3 Ws!
Wheatley
Wensleydale
Wath
Pythons I imagine will go well. How many ex gate players they got? Few quid been handed around.
Barnsley- new coach- how many players did they puss off with Posa and his followers that arrived and left.
Bramley- would rather play at Thorne every week than go there.
Ribb still moaning about everything and wharfedale.
Ripon have the young side matured enough
Leeds - poor at start last year strong at end. Is cheque book out for rugby league players.
Wensleydale good at home depends on farming and if they need their mullets need trimming
Northallerton is disarray last year could be a surprise package if they stop falling out.
Baildon good side but not as good as their coach thinks he is.
Wath will be strong. Depends on availability. Lost a good centre to donny Phoenix. Youth coming through.
Wheatley always strong. A bit hit and miss last year cost them
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 11:37:48 AM by Veteran »

yorkshirewarrior

• Finding my feet
Reply #4 on: August 30, 2022, 04:38:48 PM
I think it will be a close contest this year

Harrogate - Will fancy there chances this year, if the recruitment drive continues and Harrogate RUFC keep feeding in old national 2 players, surely it should be a walk in the park.....

Wath - Difficult Team to Beat at home, if they can pick up points on the road surely there in for a chance.

Northallerton - My old stomping ground, Seemed to have slipped off slightly over the years, if they can pull themselves together they could be the dark horse this year.

Wheatley - From what i saw last year, didn't look overly convincing, however a good recruitment drive over summer might see them fight for top 2

Wensleydale - Away form needs to be better, they have some great players but tend to start the season poorly.

Bramley, Barnsley, Leeds, Baildon - all mid table for me, a few more seasons will be needed in y2

Ripon - a young team but based on last years foam I think may be in for a long season again.

Bastion

• Finding my feet
Reply #5 on: August 30, 2022, 05:51:16 PM
When were you at Northallerton Yorkshire warrior ?

Ribbflagman

• A little respect please...
Reply #6 on: August 30, 2022, 11:50:18 PM
Veteran,
           no moaning from us at the outpost. We are optimistic for this season with a new coach who is steeped in rugby and a couple of ex players returning.

Ribb Exile in Lancs

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #7 on: August 31, 2022, 02:24:39 AM
Veteran
Ribb and Wharfedale have always been on very good terms.
To suggest we are moaning about them is unacceptable.
Over recent seasons we have had  to put up with unfounded comments.
As moderator i thought I had put a stop ro this.
Please continue to post but no more nonsense

Caravanboys

• One of the boys
Reply #8 on: August 31, 2022, 07:47:53 AM
Looking forward to Bramley travelling to north Rib. Never been before and we can renew our fight against the senior 2nd teams entering the league . 1 nil to us I think.
Think you will be all be pleased with how we have developed over the years roll on with a new season.

Ribbflagman

Reply #9 on: August 31, 2022, 02:44:38 PM
I can personally guarantee you will be very well received. I shall look forward to your visit.

Fletch0001

• One of the boys
Reply #10 on: August 31, 2022, 06:12:41 PM
Agreed looking forward to our trip to north ribb in October. Both firsts and seconds are travelling so should be a great day.

I just need to somehow tell the wife as it’s her birthday that day………

Veteran

• Forum old hand
Reply #11 on: September 01, 2022, 09:10:04 PM
Half the comments made on here are unfounded. No banter allowed if it’s about ribb, but put whatever you want about anyone else.

Ribbflagman

Reply #12 on: September 01, 2022, 09:52:31 PM
Fletch- I presume you are from Corinthians. Unfortunately I will be away that day (on a weeks holiday) but will make sure you are looked after and put a few beers behind the bar for you and your travelling cohorts. Hopefully a good day for both clubs as we will ensure when we reciprocate when we travel to Middleton at the end of January.

COYR

• Finding my feet
Reply #13 on: September 02, 2022, 10:03:39 AM
"Barnsley- new coach- how many players did they puss off with Posa and his followers that arrived and left"

Too many by the looks of it.  Match off.

Ribb Exile in Lancs

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #14 on: September 03, 2022, 12:56:05 AM
Veteran

Good natured banter is always welcome
Which club are you connected to?
How about joining the predictions league