$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Reaction from week 1

Reaction from week 1

This is a discussion for the topic Reaction from week 1 on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Reaction from week 1  (Read 3794 times)

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
on: September 03, 2022, 05:07:37 PM
From the results showing now....

A few people fancied Old Crocs to do well this season so there could be some raised eyebrows at the margin of Morley's win.

Pock will not be happy with that loss at home but excellent win for moortown. I guess they pay a bit more than the other big payers in the league!

A tidy away win for Malton but I think Ponte will be happy with their 2 bonus points.

Very happy with Scarboroughs bonus point win. Although both sides lost a player to a serious head clash.

Selby have handed Brid a proper spanking. Wasn't expecting that after Brid kept passport control busy with flights from New Zealand!

Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #1 on: September 03, 2022, 05:22:26 PM
The last result from week one just popped through.

A very credible scoreline for The Bees after their troubles of last year.

I suspect Old Brods might have hoped for more than that but a good win still.

Oldandslow

Reply #2 on: September 03, 2022, 05:38:24 PM
BRB

Ponte won’t be happy with two points they should have had five. They lost because they had a complete lack of game management and they conceded lots of penalties.

M&N scored with the last play of the match to win the game. M&N supporters told me they had players missing due to farming & cricket and included in their side a 48 year old prop.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #3 on: September 03, 2022, 06:06:27 PM
Re. Depleted sides.....we know the feeling. But we should all see it as an opportunity for younger players to get experience. Ours did brilliantly today.

Johnosjstrap

• Finding my feet
Reply #4 on: September 03, 2022, 07:04:51 PM
Is the board going tobe about the other diviions too, as suggested?

We (Morpeth) traveled to Stockton who put up a fight for a while but wilted in the end. It seems a trip to Stockton is similar to a trip to Consett....if things run as today they'll fare better at home than they will away, and the away trips 'could' be brutal.

Good lads though and we wish them well.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #5 on: September 03, 2022, 07:15:49 PM
Yes it's for both divisions.. people can post about the teams that they are involved with.. I'll be concentrating on NE but it's for North too.

ponte animal

• One of the boys
Reply #6 on: September 03, 2022, 08:17:02 PM
Agree that Ponte threw away the victory with lack of game management and conceded lots of penalties. Referee Baker had a field day. It is true that Malton had a 48 years old prop and he and the rest of their front five were duly overwhelmed. Slowers, I do not doubt that Malton have players out but have some balance, so did Ponte, and key players at that. Well done Selby, an eye catching victory.

omigidiant

• Legend
Reply #7 on: September 03, 2022, 08:45:55 PM
A poor game at Woodhead today that was riddled with errors. Bees will probably come away the more positive after they dominated the second half after being down 22-5 at HT. Brods team was unrecognisable from that of last season with several senior players retiring and 3/4 moving on to play at a higher level, this has given younger club members the opportunity to step up to the mark, it will be interesting to see how they progress. B&B produced a team that faired much better than last season although there is a lot of controversy about where they gained their players. Old Grovians have had to withdraw from Y2 due to losing so many players and B&B are being accused of helping to bring about their demise by offering some of them payment to jump ship. Not sure how true it all is but there’s never smoke without fire. I see that RFU has B&B on 0 points but I was under the impression they were deducted 10 points for the start of this season. On this performance both teams will have to improve if they don’t want to languish near the bottom of the league.
Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #8 on: September 03, 2022, 10:15:57 PM
seasons greetings all .. apart from Brian Noble obviously .. total Cad that nobby.

had a bumble in the new electric equal opportunity peace jag to Ponty today .

few things of note .. smallish crowd which was disappointing …ref who had a field day pinging Ponty who are clearly not educated in breakdown procedures so he wasnt at fault … ponty lacking in forward game management so can only blame their loss on themselves after dominating set pieces.

Two decent enough sides and enjoyed the game played on a remarkably tidy pitch given the dry Summer . If Ponty had king kong from crocs at number 8 they’d win the league . couple of devilishly handsome chaps on the field .. ponty winger Tucker gets the vogue male model award this week .

As for missing players slowers  .. what a load of old toffee ..

Shed

• Forum old hand
Reply #9 on: September 04, 2022, 01:02:53 AM
A young side which reflects the make up of the club, we have a junior section for a reason, and 7 of them in Huddersfield’s match day squad reflects how good that section is.

A further 13 filled our match day squad, 6 of them 20 or younger. And we are proud of them all.

Bees are much improved and the chat about how they have achieved that is irrelevant, manage your club the way you see fit. They will finish top half this season.

Crocs away next week and you can throw expectation and form
Out the window, the team that wants it more will come away with the points.

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #10 on: September 04, 2022, 06:18:50 AM
Woodbonce

If crocs have King kong fit and playing they’ll win .. without him they’re average .. might pay a visit should be a cracker.

young players blah .. reflects club blah … who wants it most blah blah … yes yes but what you lot doing about that escarpment masquerading as a pitch ? 

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #11 on: September 04, 2022, 07:00:15 AM
So who's this King Kong then???

Memory_Man

• Legend
Reply #12 on: September 04, 2022, 08:02:03 AM
A young side which reflects the make up of the club, we have a junior section for a reason, and 7 of them in Huddersfield’s match day squad reflects how good that section is.

A further 13 filled our match day squad, 6 of them 20 or younger. And we are proud of them all.

Bees are much improved and the chat about how they have achieved that is irrelevant, manage your club the way you see fit. They will finish top half this season.

Crocs away next week and you can throw expectation and form
Out the window, the team that wants it more will come away with the points.

Bees will finish rock bottom again. Of that I have no doubt! Only difference is they might actually show up to all their games this season.

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #13 on: September 04, 2022, 11:53:56 AM
seasons greetings BRB .. KK is the totem pole Crocs dance round .. without him they’re more like Morrismen … with him they are like a band of Gibraltar Magots.

Fit, aggressive, strong, jolly good player usually 8 … spends his leisure hours climbing buildings or is it building buildings I’m informed .

neverplayedstandoff

• Deputy Moderator
Reply #14 on: September 04, 2022, 02:14:46 PM
All Heart
Am reliably informed by one of Crocs Alf Harts, that not only is KK not playing but his family pack have followed suit.
“ Gorillas in the mist”
However my aged friend did not inform me of this is a temporary or permanent situation. Guess it is a case for Crocs of keep looking towards the mountain to see if they emerge, God knows there are plenty of them in Calderdale.

Y1 Pundits league winner 2010/11 seems a long time ago