$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Will there be walkovers in this league this season?

Will there be walkovers in this league this season?

This is a discussion for the topic Will there be walkovers in this league this season? on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Will there be walkovers in this league this season?  (Read 998 times)

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
on: September 05, 2022, 06:42:22 AM
I note in the lower Yorkshire leagues there were walkovers on Saturday.

Do people think that there wil be walkovers in our league?

The supply of front rows seem to be a problem at most clubs and will probably be the reason they may be unable to fulfil a fixture.

I very sadly think I'm the dark months it may happen a few times.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Memory_Man

• Legend
Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 07:36:09 AM
With B&B in the mix and the likelihood of the pound notes drying up after Xmas I would say it’s almost inevitable.

No danger of that at the friendliest club in Leeds, 3 sides running strong with every fixture fulfilled season after season.

Oldandslow

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #2 on: September 06, 2022, 07:59:13 AM
Yes particularly if games have to be rearranged on currently blank weeks. Players increasingly planning in advance family, social or holidays on blank dates.