$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Fantasy League Week 2 Predictions

Author Topic: Fantasy League Week 2 Predictions  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Locked Out

• Legend
  • One of the boys
    • View Profile
Fantasy League Week 2 Predictions
« on: September 07, 2022, 02:09:40 PM »
Full set this week, so some interesting results hopefully:

Barn Doors v Orcs: If they locked the doors at Shaw Lane after last night's players meeting, a fair chance they'll raise a side. sympathy vote for Barno for a home win. Barnsley - 7

Slytherin v Wheatos: A lesson in gentlemanly conduct on the cards here, followed by high tea at Betty's. Gate + 7

Saints v Mullets: Middleton's mountain top almost as wild and windy as Cawkill, so 'Dale feeling at home. No WWW to cheer them on or invade the pitch by the looks either. Dale + 7

Sheep sha**ers v Pie Men: Played in front of the best behaved supporters in the league, unless of course you mention Wharfedale, doh... Ribb - 7

Old Farmers v Young Farmers: Teesside smog lifting just enough to recognise the difference between the two teams. Wait a minute, have they swapped shirts before the end of the game? Ripon + 7

Yawno v Firebirds: Clearly no benefit from the magic carpet based on last week's drubbing, so more of the same this week: Bramley + 7

Offline RugbyKing

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy League Week 2 Predictions
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 02:34:53 PM »
Baildon +7
Harrogate +7
Dale -7
North Ribb +7
Ripon +7
Bramley +7

Offline Oldandslow

• The lord of the Manor...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 03:31:51 PM »
Baildon -7
W Hills +7
Wensleydale-7
N Ribb +7
Northallerton +7
Bramley +7

Offline Ripit

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2022, 08:06:55 AM »
Baildon -7
Harrogate -7
Wensleydale-7
N Ribb +7
Ripon -7
Yarnbury +7

Offline DrRuck

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2022, 09:52:38 AM »
Brawno vs BBCC
An extra weeks rest for the South Yorkshire contingent before they take on the Bad Boy Chiller Crew, could be a tougher outing for the money men from the Beverley Hills of Bradford this week at the Shaw Lane Swamp, but the mercenaries will prevail. £aildon -7

Hooray Henrys vs Wheatos
Tough introduction to Y2 for Tarquin and friends continues, a bruising encounter on the cards as the prospect of a good Victoria Sponge sends the 'Hills front row saliva glands into overdrive. 'Hills -7

WWW WDs vs Wotsits
We can only assumed that Broadmoor have removed WWW's internet access, or he has drowned in a well fermented 2021 chilli con carne. Returning league imports to bolster the home side against the mullet-wielding onslaught. Saints -7

NOT a Wharfedale Feeder Club vs A very well fed club
A game for the set piece enthusiasts and a strong social to follow - what a day to be a front row forward. Wath for the win but Rib to claim the moral victory for reasons known only to themselves. Wath +7

Smoggies vs Rugrats
Does this almost class as a local derby? As there's been the slightest hint of some weather North's pitch will have disintegrated into a bog, with no grass to be seen now until April. Rugrats to claim the victory on their sugar-high from all the blue smarties they had last week. Ripon +7

Aladdin vs The Big Apple 
Another local clash on the magic carpet, with the Bramley Bad Boys in town neither Yarnbury's try line or pockets are safe - assuming the pitch is playable after the first rain we've had in months? Sticking to their roots, the new neighbours will steal the win along with a range of mid-range watches from the Anglers. Bramley -7

Offline Ribbflagman

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2022, 10:49:06 AM »
Baildon +7
Harrogate-
Corinthians +7
Ribb+7
Northallerton-7
Yarnbury -7

Offline Caravanboys

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2022, 01:21:28 PM »
Now then Dr Ruck, make yourself know to me when your team comes and let me shake your hand 😏and make sure it’s a Rolex.
Barnsley v Baildon - given the news coming out at Barnsley I’d say Baildon +7
Harrogate v Hills - still think Harrgate will come good Gate +7
Corinthians v Wensleydale- dale -7
Ribb v Wath- home advantage for the long trip might do Ribb+7
North allerton v Ripon - local rivalry here allerton -7
Yarnbury v Bramley Phoenix- don’t usually comment on our game but got to stick with the boys Bram-7 any win will do to kick start the season

Offline gateprop

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2022, 11:23:45 PM »
Barnsley v Baildon - Barnsley have a full team out this week but you have to fancy Baildon following last week’s result. Baildon +7
Harrogate Pythons v Wheatley Hills - us posh boys are looking forward to teaching these South Yorkshire upstarts the proper etiquette for afternoon tea and finger sandwiches. In all seriousness we are looking forward to welcoming a new team down to our ground. Pythons +7
Leeds Corinthians v Wensleydale - Corinthians are always a handful at home but I think Dale’s organisation and control will secure the win. Dale -7
North Ribblesdale v Wath Upon Dearne - two sides I’ve never come across before so will go with home advantage. Ribb -7
Northallerton v Ripon - good win for Ripon last week but North always strong at home. North -7
Yarnbury v Bramley Phoenix - bad day at the office for Yarnbury last week. Bramley will be champing at the bit for this one after the opportunity that came their way at the last minute though so I think they’ll sneak this one. Bramley -7
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 02:10:49 AM by gateprop »

Offline Ribb Exile in Lancs

• The lord of the Manor...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2022, 12:37:54 AM »
Baildon +7
Pythons -7
Wensleydale +7
Ribb +7
Ripon -7
Bramley -7     -