$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Rugby is ON

Rugby is ON

This is a discussion for the topic Rugby is ON on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Rugby is ON  (Read 2586 times)

TalkIsCheap

• Finding my feet
on: September 09, 2022, 01:21:29 PM
First of all, I'm sure I speak on behalf of everyone when I say may Her Majesty Rest In Peace.

I'm sure it was a tough decision to make for the RFU, however I am glad that they have made the one they have. Rugby is a sport where the values of respect underpin everything we try to do, and I am sure all clubs will mark this upsetting occasion on Saturday in the correct way.

Good luck to all clubs involved.

Games of the weekend:
 Crocs vs Old Brods. A fierce derby often with a raucous crowd presence. Brods by 5.
 Moortown vs Ponte. This will be a good indicator of where Ponte are at, who felt they should have won last week. Moortown by 14.
 Malton vs Scarborough. Another derby - Scarborough notoriously don't travel well but this is on their (relative) doorstep. Malton by 7.

GSTQ.

avinastella

• A little respect please...
Reply #1 on: September 09, 2022, 02:58:05 PM
First of all, I'm sure I speak on behalf of everyone when I say may Her Majesty Rest In Peace.

I'm sure it was a tough decision to make for the RFU, however I am glad that they have made the one they have. Rugby is a sport where the values of respect underpin everything we try to do, and I am sure all clubs will mark this upsetting occasion on Saturday in the correct way.

Games of the weekend:
 Crocs vs Old Brods. A fierce derby often with a raucous crowd presence. Brods by 5.
 Moortown vs Ponte. This will be a good indicator of where Ponte are at, who felt they should have won last week. Moortown by 14.
 Malton vs Scarborough. Another derby - Scarborough notoriously don't travel well but this is on their (relative) doorstep. Malton by 7.

GSTQ.
One club in Regional 2 Ne/Y1 have chosen not to play. Don't know who yet.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Memory_Man

• Legend
Reply #2 on: September 09, 2022, 03:46:58 PM

Games of the weekend:

GSTQ.

My mate at Selby says it’s them.

Memory_Man

• Legend
Reply #3 on: September 09, 2022, 03:48:54 PM
Because their 9 & 10 are away on holiday. Not quite in the spirit it is intended.

avinastella

Reply #4 on: September 09, 2022, 03:49:03 PM

Games of the weekend:

GSTQ.

Cheers. I only knew one club had from an email.

Memory_Man

• Legend
Reply #5 on: September 09, 2022, 03:55:15 PM

Games of the weekend:

GSTQ.

I only know because my pal called me laughing saying it’s been a literal get out of jail card for them.

avinastella

Reply #6 on: September 09, 2022, 04:04:10 PM

Games of the weekend:

GSTQ.

I only know because my pal called me laughing saying it’s been a literal get out of jail card for them.
I bet Dronfield are impressed.

Mink

• Forum old hand
Reply #7 on: September 09, 2022, 04:32:24 PM
It's Pocklington they have refused to play Morley

avinastella

Reply #8 on: September 09, 2022, 04:52:41 PM
It's Pocklington they have refused to play Morley
Shelby web site says cancelled.

real-ale

• One of the boys
  • rugby and beer and pork pies
Reply #9 on: September 12, 2022, 12:07:25 PM
https://photos.app.goo.gl/k27J1MwMn8Fb1tq16

Tight game at Broomfield sad news at loss of great Crocs prop Graham Thomas who also played for Brods Vets at the end of his career. Great guy RIP Tommo
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 12:50:16 PM by real-ale »