$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Fantasy League Week 4 Predictions

Author Topic: Fantasy League Week 4 Predictions  (Read 1467 times)

Offline Locked Out

• Legend
  • One of the boys
    • View Profile
Fantasy League Week 4 Predictions
« on: September 21, 2022, 03:17:41 PM »
Firebirds v Pie Men: Big beardy chaps will feel at home on the postage stamp pitch, but with two games on the trot at home, Bramley should just have enough to keep up winning ways and Wath to crumble. Bramley - 7

Slytherin v Knottla 2nds: Snakes alive... the Hooray Henrys on home turf will be too much for Barno. Arroget + 7

Leeds Saints v Orcs: Still no sign of WWW to cheer them on and nobody else to pick up his pen, but they're letting the results do the talking anyway, so Leeds - 7

Not Wharfedale v Wheatos: Best behaved supporters, best hospitality, not best dale, worst performers. Wheatos -7

Smoggies v Best Dale: Teesside terrors taking another tumble at the hands of the tonsorially elegant gentlemen farmers. Wensleydale + 7

Young Farmers v Yawno: Rugrats buzzing with excitement at playing in their own sandpit for first game in three weeks, hopefully the giddiness will calm down to return to winning ways. Ripon - 7

Offline Caravanboys

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy League Week 4 Predictions
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 05:30:36 PM »
Bramley Phoenix v wath - another tough game ,but home advantage will hopefully give us the advantage Bramley-7
Harrogate v Barnsley another tough game for Barnsley gate win +7
Corinthians v Baildon- taking Baildon here they seem to be on the up - 7
North Ribb v Wheatley Hills- think Ribb might come up with a close win -7
North allerton v Wensleydale- dale +7
Ripon v Yarnbury- played both now and think Ripon will edge it  +7

Offline RugbyKing

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2022, 06:11:23 PM »
Wath +7
Harrogate +7
Leeds c -7
North Ribb +7
Dale+7
Ripon +7

Offline Oldandslow

• The lord of the Manor...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2022, 06:23:06 PM »
Wath +7
Harrogate +7
Baildon -7
N Ribb -7
Wensleydale +7
Ripon -7

Offline gateprop

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2022, 06:28:15 PM »
Pythons v Barnsley is a home walk over

Offline Ribb Exile in Lancs

• The lord of the Manor...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2022, 01:19:43 AM »
Wath +7
Pythons +7 - void now HWO
Baildon -7
North Ribb +7
Wensleydale +7
Ripon +7

Thanks to Locked Out for starting weekly predictions, it would be a great help
if you continued
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 01:25:31 AM by Ribb Exile in Lancs »

Offline Ripit

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2022, 08:20:18 AM »
Bramley Phoenix v wath - Wath -7
Harrogate v Barnsley - Gate +7
Corinthians v Baildon- Baildon +77
North Ribb v Wheatley Hills- Ribb -7
North allerton v Wensleydale- dale +7
Ripon v Yarnbury =- Ripon +7

Offline gateprop

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2022, 11:40:45 AM »
Bramley Phoenix v Wath Upon Dearne - not knowing anything about Wath I'll go home advantage here. Bramley -7

Harrogate Pythons v Barnsley - shame really that Barnsley can't get a side out as we had a pre match lunch for 70 people booked with John Bentley speaking. Don't know whether walkovers are included in predictions so Pythons +7

Leeds Corinthians v Baildon - Baildon made sure everyone knew in their programme last week that they were missing their 4 new signings, as if no other club loses players to injuries, holidays, shopping trips etc. Either way backing Corinthians at home. Corinthians +7

North Ribblesdale v Wheatley Hills - would have to go with home advantage again here. Ribb -7

Northallerton v Wensleydale - struggling start for North and although Dale don't traditionally travel as well I'd expect them to have more than enough here. Wensleydale +7

Ripon v Yarnbury - have the wheels fallen off at Ripon already? Can Yarnbury take confidence from battering Barnsley so bad last week that they didn't want to travel this week? Ripon should bounce back strongly at home. Ripon +7

Offline hobbo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2022, 12:31:43 PM »
Bramley Phoenix v Wath Upon Dearne - not knowing anything about Wath I'll go home advantage here. Bramley -7

Harrogate Pythons v Barnsley - shame really that Barnsley can't get a side out as we had a pre match lunch for 70 people booked with John Bentley speaking. Don't know whether walkovers are included in predictions so Pythons +7

Leeds Corinthians v Baildon - Baildon made sure everyone knew in their programme last week that they were missing their 4 new signings, as if no other club loses players to injuries, holidays, shopping trips etc. Either way backing Corinthians at home. Corinthians +7

North Ribblesdale v Wheatley Hills - would have to go with home advantage again here. Ribb -7

Northallerton v Wensleydale - struggling start for North and although Dale don't traditionally travel as well I'd expect them to have more than enough here. Wensleydale +7

Ripon v Yarnbury - have the wheels fallen off at Ripon already? Can Yarnbury take confidence from battering Barnsley so bad last week that they didn't want to travel this week? Ripon should bounce back strongly at home. Ripon +7

That is a massive shame GP, sorry to hear that.  It sounds like a lot of planning and expense might have been for nothing.
Although I am not an official spokesperson for the club I can say that this season has gotten off to a particularly difficult start for Barnsley.  Quite possibly the worst in it's 120 year history. 
I've played senior rugby at the club for 20 years and never known us forfeit any 1st XV matches so that gives some indication as to where we are. 
All I can say for fact is that the people who are working behind the scenes to overcome this difficult period are dear friends of mine and are working hard to try and make this season as competitive as it can be. Unfortunately the circumstances mean we are unable to field a side this week so once again 36 lads go without rugby.

Offline From Full Back to Flank

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2022, 01:59:32 PM »
It is a shame about Barnsley. Is anyone able to explain why this is happening? They did really well in Y3 last year so its strange that they can't get players after a successful season.

Offline Thorne321

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2022, 02:19:21 PM »
Wath +7
Pythons +7
Leeds -7
North Ribb +7
North -7
Ripon +7

Offline avinastella

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2022, 05:38:45 PM »
It is a shame about Barnsley. Is anyone able to explain why this is happening? They did really well in Y3 last year so its strange that they can't get players after a successful season.
A look at the Sheffield line up will give you a good indication as to why.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Offline Ribbflagman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2022, 08:56:54 AM »
A contact told me some lads had gone to Hemsworth. If true, and I don't know, that may also help explain their great start to the season.

Offline Ribbflagman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2022, 08:59:53 AM »
Wath-7
Baildon-7
Ribn-7
Wensley +7
Ripon +7

Pythons void.

Offline hobbo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2022, 10:18:53 AM »
A contact told me some lads had gone to Hemsworth. If true, and I don't know, that may also help explain their great start to the season.

Not to my knowledge flaggy. Sheffield and one to Morley.