$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Round 4

Round 4

This is a discussion for the topic Round 4 on the board Regional One (North East).

Author Topic: Round 4  (Read 2967 times)

Kellythorpe

• One of the boys
on: September 21, 2022, 05:19:10 PM
Cleck v Billingham. Two teams I forecast to win last week and both lost! I take Cleck to win closely at home.
DP v York. Another tricky one. Home win.
Driff v West B. On the records up to now, must be an easy home win.
Heath v Scunthorpe. Having seen Scunthorpe last week, they will be smarting with their poor start. Heath win
Ilkley v Sandal. must be a home win, although Ilkley havent got into their proper stride yet.
Paviors v Alnwick. Big away win.

Pristine Shorts

• A little respect please...
Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 10:10:02 AM
Not a bad week for me last week, despite missing the Scunthorpe v Driffield match….

Cleck v Billingham. The latter let me down last week, but I would expect a narrow away win this week.
Danum P v York. Tricky, but home advantage gives DP the win.
Driffield v West Bridgford. Substantial home win.
Heath v Scunthorpe. Heath to continue their early form.
Ilkley v Sandal. Always hated playing the Wakefield boys ( we always lost ) I fancy Ilkley at home though. Hope our injuries have healed well.
Paviors v Alnwick. What a trip ! Will it be worthwhile ? Yes, just.

Differ Lid

• Forum old hand
Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 12:58:33 PM
Phoenix Vs York
Big game for both sides, this should be the toughest test Phoenix have had this season, York will be desperate to continue from last weeks Win. Going to go with home advantage Phoenix Win, but York to get a BP or 2

Cleckheaton Vs Billingham
Both sides coming into this on the back of a loss, think Billingham will come back with a bang. Billingham BP Win

Driffield Vs West Bridgford
Reading the Phoenix match report, West Bridgford started well and fell away. If they get momentum and Driffield defence leaks tries then could be anyone’s game. But I have to stick to a Driffield Win on this one (maybe not the big win Kellythorpe & Pristine predicts)

Heath Vs Scunthorpe
Scunthorpe picking up a couple of injuries last week and a red card for the captain, think this will only go one way unless they have some players returning. BP win for Heath

Ilkley Vs Sandal
It doesn’t look like Ilkley are firing yet, the margin of last weeks victory over Paviors wasn’t what I was expecting, but maybe Paviors had been missing players for Driffields trip to Nottingham. Think they will have to much for Sandal, although the Sandal Pack could cause some damage. Ilkley BP win

Paviors Vs Alnwick
Some of the tries from Alnwicks win last week look very impressive and will be full of confidence now. Long bus trip south, but If they can get this going early this could be a big result. Alnwick BP win

Yorkie Boy

• One of the boys
Reply #3 on: September 24, 2022, 06:26:51 AM
DP 11 - York 18 result from last  night

Kellythorpe

• One of the boys
Reply #4 on: September 24, 2022, 11:17:34 AM
Excellent result away at DP for York. I would think it was a difficult place to get a win.

Differ Lid

• Forum old hand
Reply #5 on: September 24, 2022, 07:27:15 PM
Excellent result away at DP for York. I would think it was a difficult place to get a win.

Somebody is avoiding mentioning the 100 points today?

Kellythorpe

• One of the boys
Reply #6 on: September 24, 2022, 08:10:34 PM
The difference at level 6 between the Midlands and the North was exposed at Driffield today. Both teams were promoted to level 5 and the distance between the sides was stark. West Bridgeford possibly had 3 players who could make the Driffield team and their level of fitness was poor. Having a 2nd team who have players who can step up a level is also very important. Next week's game versus York will be a different game for Driffield and a chance to see the level they are at.

davie

• One of the boys
Reply #7 on: September 24, 2022, 08:44:45 PM
West Bridgford used to enlist former Nottingham players. Obviously that arrangement doesn’t exist anymore.

Differ Lid

• Forum old hand
Reply #8 on: September 25, 2022, 06:52:32 AM
Yesterday was one of those days for Driffield, some flowing rugby, possibly too much at times, but everything seemed to stick. Think the player will be disappointed conceding the first try, West Bridgford 8 picked and went through the middle of a ruck to score. The second try was well worked following back to back penalties.

Some results yesterday, Billingham back with a bang, Heaths big win over Scunthorpe, Ilkley and Sandal sound like they had a great game, and Alnwick losing? Have Paviors picked up the Nottingham players, university recruits returned, or the bus trip too much for Alnwick??

For Driffield the season really starts now, the team had to pick up as many points in September as possible looking at the fixture list, so Job done. But October could be a very different story! York and Cleckheaton Away and Billingham at home!

Pristine Shorts

Reply #9 on: September 26, 2022, 02:04:49 PM
Ilkley v Sandal was a decent enough game, though very staccato with far too many penalties. Still, eight tries on offer and an exciting end, as Sandal seemed have bagged the winning try at the death…. But it wasn’t to be, so Ilkley’s first 5 pointer of the season.

The Dalesmen have Scunthorpe away and West Bridgford at home coming up. Win those and hopefully their mid-table position can be consolidated. A settled team would help though.

Ribbflagman

Reply #10 on: September 26, 2022, 11:57:07 PM
Hello Mr Shorts
                       long time no parlez. Hope business is good and we can meet again sometime this year for a Mary Jane or more. Looking forward to your 3s bus trip to Ribb. Maybe you could accompany them and we can have a few sherberts together.
Good Luck.

Pristine Shorts

Reply #11 on: September 29, 2022, 10:21:28 AM
Hello Mr Shorts
                       long time no parlez. Hope business is good and we can meet again sometime this year for a Mary Jane or more. Looking forward to your 3s bus trip to Ribb. Maybe you could accompany them and we can have a few sherberts together.
Good Luck.

Hi there.  I’ll let you know when I’m next up in Settle….It would be great to take up where we left off in Tokyo !