$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Week 4 Prediction

Author Topic: Week 4 Prediction  (Read 547 times)

Offline FatProp1

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
Week 4 Prediction
« on: September 22, 2022, 08:53:08 AM »
Aireborough V Old Otliensians - Tough one to predict here two great teams going at it, I think the Aire 9 will make all the difference and sneak a home win

Hornsea V Halifax - Fax all the way +25 points - The hooker is the stand out player, expect him to bag a few meat pies

Knaresborough V Stocksbridge - An early relegation decider, Stocks cant rely on the Wilkinson-esque balding 10 this week so the backs will have to rely on the heavy set topknotted centre to crash the ball all match. Lets see if it pays off.....

Nestle Rowntree V Hessle - A midtable clash with little consequence, neither team able to push for promotion. After a poor outing last week the Nestle 10 will need his kicking boots this week to tie up the home win

York RI V Rotherham Phoenix - Where to start.....Phoenix have had a rough off-season with the top heavy elderly prop having a mild cardiac event putting him even further off his feet. It seems the years of heavy meringue puddings have finally caught up with him. The cover they have in the front row is poor, another plumber brought in to fix the leaks will have little impact. The forwards leave a lot to be desired but the backs are even worse, with one of the small twins now serving a 5 year sentence the other remaining twin seems lost. The decent backs they had have gone to stocks and the ones left are more at home playing touch on a Thursday night. The only standout performer is still their captain, he will lead them well against a very poor York team. Rotherham always win easy at York Roth by +35

Offline JB26

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
Re: Week 4 Prediction
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 07:44:34 AM »
Some intriguing contests this week…

Aireborough v otliensians tie of the round for me. Both very attacking teams, Otliensians haven’t conceded many points this season so far… so I’m with them in a close one

Hornsea v Fax we are playing decently at the moment. So we need to remain confident. Hornsea are a little unknown to us, so we will go there hoping to continue our good start.

Knaresborough v Stocks both teams in a transition period, both probably need the win. I think Stocks in a high scoring game

Nestle v Hessle Hessle lost their big centre last week, he was a big go forward for them. Without his direct running I think they will struggle to make inroads. But their 10 is really good, Nestle total unknown to me. So going with Hessle on the road

York RI v Rotherham another tasty game. I think Rotherham in a dog fight. Never quite know how a team will travel. But think Rotherham to just clinch it.

Good luck everyone, be safe.

Offline HandsInTheRuck

• Finding my feet
  • Always got an eye open
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 11:17:05 AM »
Hi all, returning to the forum after a few years away. Good to see this is still going on.

Aireborough v Otliensians  - A local derby match. Always seems to be a close scoring game when OO travel up the road. Aire biggest threat are from 7-12 so they will use them. OO a good defensive record this year, Aire have had a few points put past them. Very close game, but I see OO by 5+ points, but wouldn't be surprised if this went to a last minute kick to win though. looking forward to seeing the result

Hornsea v Fax -  Hornsea is never the easiest place to travel, but a great place to go. Fax seem to be the team to beat at the moment. Fax to edge this game by 14+ but don't be surprised if Hornsea give them a tough game and get a few points at home.

Knaresborough v Stocks - Knaresborough seem to be having a bit of a slow start. A very young athletic set of backs, if they could utilise using these they could run stocks around the park and tire them out. Stocks always strong in the forwards and utilise this. a very close game, I think if Knaresborough don't get dragged into a dog fight with the forwards, we could see them getting a win this weekend so Knaresborough by 5+

Nestle v Hessle - both teams wanting to prove they are top table contenders. I think the home advantage might be in favour for this one 5+ to Nestle

York RI v Rotherham York Ri have the ability to force their game upon teams. If they make use of their strong tight forward carries they could be a problem for Rotherham. Yorks captain will cause some damage around the park on his home ground. They then need to make use of their backs if Roth get drawn into the dog fight. Again I'm going home advantage to York but 7+

Mos vs Leeds Mods - Mos to take advantage of a home game. Long way to travel and don't think there will be much in it mos to edge by 3+

Good Luck to all.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 01:22:41 PM by HandsIntheRuck »

Offline BR

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2022, 01:19:07 PM »
Aireborough V Old Otliensians - hard one, home advantage will see Aireborough win I think

Hornsea V Halifax - Cant see anything but a Fax W

Knaresborough V Stocksbridge - Just have a feeling the Pigs pack will see them win

Mosborough V Leeds Modernians - Hard one to call, going with home advantage

Rowntree V Hessle - Trees for me

York RI V Rotherham Phoenix - On form I have to go with Phoenix but RI are a different team at home when they are up for it

Offline JB26

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2022, 06:05:22 PM »
Nice to see some lads back. 👍👍