$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Week 4 Results

Week 4 Results

This is a discussion for the topic Week 4 Results on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Week 4 Results  (Read 2806 times)

Wallbanker

• One of the boys
on: September 24, 2022, 04:26:57 PM
Castleford 33 - burley 32

MrG

• One of the boys
  • UTW
Reply #1 on: September 24, 2022, 05:15:23 PM
Wasn’t playing today due to on holiday!

Knottla 34 Sheff Meds 25

GoodShotSir!

• Finding my feet
  • Plenty In The Tank!
Reply #2 on: September 24, 2022, 05:51:02 PM
Thirsk 20 Ossett 13 good game played in right spirit still a few missing but happy with the win.

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #3 on: September 24, 2022, 08:07:46 PM
A great game down at Howard’s Field today and I think I speak on behalf of all of us when I say we don’t want to play Sheff Meds every week, my lungs are still burning. The game was end to end and high paced and made for a cracking game. A little disappointed to have not conceded any tries for the first 3 games but then leak as many points as we did today. It was officiated really well which allowed the game to flow and be as entertaining as it was. Speaking to the Sheff lads after and that’s the first time they’ve had their full compliment out and if they can keep that team every week they will trouble anyone and be up there at the end of the season. If we had played like we did last week I’m fairly certain Medics would have put 50 by us but credit to the lads who worked for the full 80 and ground out the win. Both teams drinking together after the match and enjoying the man of the match’s was great to see and Sheffield are a good set of lads. Elsewhere it looks like there’s been some cracking results and close games all over!

Dropped It

• Forum old hand
  • Can't catch, won't kick.
Reply #4 on: September 25, 2022, 11:50:52 AM
It’s safe to say Leeds Medics have more of a team back together this week.

We had 8 away yest from the team that went over to Thorn last week. It led to us being pretty underwhelming. Managed to scrape a win with the last kick of the ball. Two of our youngest recruits (both sons of former players) had good solid games with one scoring a 60m dash. So good news on that front!

Better days and games to come. UTV!

Wallbanker

• One of the boys
Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 09:41:07 AM
Castleford
33 - 32
Burley

Halifax Vandals
17 - 14
Leeds Medics and Dentists

Hemsworth
32 - 21
Thornensians

Knottingley
34 - 25
Sheffield Medicals

Ossett
13 - 20
Thirsk

West Park Leeds
23 - 24
Skipton

Full list of results

BEZ

• Forum old hand
Reply #6 on: September 26, 2022, 11:37:59 AM
After a disappointing loss at Osset last week. that was a Much needed  BP Win for us, Our forwards were brilliant all around the park and simply set the platform for our RL Backs to do what they do best.

But I’ll Mirror what Mrs Beach said.

If Sheff Meds can keep that team throughout the season, they will turn a lot teams over. They Run us ragged for 80 minutes with no sign of slowing and the forwards were physical too.
As always a Really good set of lads off the field too, with their getting hooker MOM, to which he downed our 2.5pint Horn in a club record time of about 8 seconds. That will take some beating!!

Now on to our first bus trip of the season to Skipton on Saturday 🍺

hobbo

• Legend
Reply #7 on: September 26, 2022, 01:52:49 PM
After a disappointing loss at Osset last week. that was a Much needed  BP Win for us, Our forwards were brilliant all around the park and simply set the platform for our RL Backs to do what they do best.

But I’ll Mirror what Mrs Beach said.

If Sheff Meds can keep that team throughout the season, they will turn a lot teams over. They Run us ragged for 80 minutes with no sign of slowing and the forwards were physical too.
As always a Really good set of lads off the field too, with their getting hooker MOM, to which he downed our 2.5pint Horn in a club record time of about 8 seconds. That will take some beating!!

Now on to our first bus trip of the season to Skipton on Saturday 🍺

There was a lad at N Ribb years back who was like lightening at downing pints. Could do a 2pinter in sub 5 seconds I think.

Pomfresian

• Legend
  • duplex crucis
Reply #8 on: September 26, 2022, 05:28:11 PM
Watched Hemsworth & Thornensians on Saturday. Hemsworth played to their strengths and will take some shifting this year if they keep these lads together. Thorne just need a win to be fair. Confidence is obviously low due to god knows how long since they last won a game.

Fair play to putting a side out despite this week on week. They need a couple of young Thorne 123`s in his pomp in the forwards and a dominant back and they will turn the losses into wins.

Hemsworth always good for the crac with the speccies. soon forgotten in the bar with a smile and a handshake as always.  :) 

Ribbflagman

• A little respect please...
Reply #9 on: September 26, 2022, 11:48:37 PM
Thornes last win was against Ribb on 7/8th Jan this year was the only game they won. It was the only game they won last season. Hobbo you are quite correct in your observation of a Ribb lad. He was a big unit wore size 14 shoes when still at school and could do a stein in three seconds. I didnt believe it until I saw him do it as a bet at Settle cricket club. He is now in New Zealand and his first child weighed 11lb.6oz. Dont think they will make shoes big enough for him. Lol.

hobbo

• Legend
Reply #10 on: September 27, 2022, 07:50:50 AM
Thornes last win was against Ribb on 7/8th Jan this year was the only game they won. It was the only game they won last season. Hobbo you are quite correct in your observation of a Ribb lad. He was a big unit wore size 14 shoes when still at school and could do a stein in three seconds. I didnt believe it until I saw him do it as a bet at Settle cricket club. He is now in New Zealand and his first child weighed 11lb.6oz. Dont think they will make shoes big enough for him. Lol.
11lb 6!!! Made my eyes water reading that!

Mrs Ada C

• Finding my feet
Reply #11 on: September 28, 2022, 09:01:51 AM
looks like some cracking results last week, i know personally that last game against Burley was tough if wasn't for paying certain someone off and extra cash to our boys we would have lost that game but couldn't afford to lose it with it being VP luncheon had all my old mates with me and family made a trip out, shame about the food, but Hope the Burley boys enjoyed their trip out good luck to future lads!