$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Week 5

Week 5

This is a discussion for the topic Week 5 on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Week 5  (Read 6551 times)

Cupid Stunt

• Finding my feet
Reply #15 on: October 01, 2022, 04:38:43 PM
Ponte 39 - 29 Pock

Ponte were 19-3 down at one point.

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #16 on: October 01, 2022, 05:14:39 PM
Moortown by a mile
Fancy Brid here but only if have some fight in them.
Draw at Brods
Close game at Ponte...should be pock, just.
Close home win for scabs.
Morley by a point.

Moortown won't struggle in the wet, they just won't be as effective and will lose several over winter. But so will everyone else in this league. No runaways.

Credit to driffield in league above. Doing really well and still putting out 4 teams.

Scarborough 2nds and 3rds play there this weekend.
Driff 2nd team would compete in this division. That's the only benchmark for successful promotion, a 2nd team nearly as good as your 1sts.

Check out my draw prediction!

I thought Brid would win.... Malton hugely over rated.. They were losing to scabs with 10 mins to go with nearly an entire Scarborough pack injured and watching on the sidelines.

Big win for Ponte....pock won't have liked that.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #17 on: October 01, 2022, 05:29:31 PM
weeeeell .. had a drive to Ponty to see the Cas Tigers boys .. find they’ve been stopped by their employers from playing amateur ..

Anyway  it was a fierce contest to say the least. Beautiful conditions for rugby. Pock went 19-3 up after about 25 mins mainly due to good quick thinking and excellent support play . Pock number 6 looked their  best player running from deep and creating opportunities … then Ponte got a grip up front and never let go …. scoring 36 points to 10 thereafter . Pock completely lost discipline getting a succession  of sin bins. Two Pock players should clearly have had reds … first the aforementioned 6 ran up tight side in his own twenty two and got creamed, quite legally, into touch . Clearly unhappy anyone could do such a thing he came back onto pitch and apparently punched from behind and side a Ponty forward ! . If the player had sustained a serious injury it was one of those that could end up elsewhere for an alternative judiciary . ..he was lucky to see a yellow .

From there on Ponty took the Pock scrum to pieces.. . last few minutes a penalty try from Ponty from a 5 metre scrum saw the Pock 7 yellowed for preventing a legitimate try .

Straight from kick off a further yellow for Pock after the Ponty second row caught kick off in the air and was upended landing on his head .. another clear red punished with a yellow ..

Ponty are a very strong side with great commitment… defence and a big strong hard pack . Pock looked good when running in open play but below par up front . When it’s wet and muddy they’re going to find things tougher still .

really good ref and we all want players to stay on if possible .. for me the two obvious reds were not the right calls though . Like to see the home sides match video on them both. .

Decent afternoon and reasonable crowd .. a couple of home fans on verandah full of ale shouting some  boorish comments at the Pock lads the only irritation…
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 06:16:38 PM by Alf Hart »

Bombardier29

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Drop the red donkey
Reply #18 on: October 01, 2022, 06:18:16 PM
weeeeell .. had a drive to Ponty to see the Cas Tigers boys .. find they’ve been stopped by their employers from playing amateur ..

Anyway  it was a fierce contest to say the least. Beautiful conditions for rugby. Pock went 19-3 up after about 25 mins mainly due to good quick thinking and excellent support play . Pock number 6 looked there best player running from deep and creating opportunities … then Ponte got a grip up front and never let go …. scoring 36 points to 10 thereafter . Pock completely lost discipline getting a succession  of sin bins. Two Pock players should clearly have had reds … first the aforementioned 6 ran up tight side in his own twenty two and got creamed, quite legally, into touch . Clearly unhappy anyone could do such a thing he came back onto pitch and apparently punched from behind and side a Ponty forward ! . If the player had sustained a serious injury it was one of those that could end up elsewhere for an alternative judiciary . ..he was lucky to see a yellow .

From there on Ponty took the Pock scrum to pieces.. . last few minutes a penalty try from Ponty from a 5 metre scrum saw the Pock 7 yellowed for preventing a legitimate try .

Straight from kick off a further yellow for Pock after the Ponty second row caught kick off in the air and was upended landing on his head .. another clear red punished with a yellow ..

Ponty are a very strong side with great commitment… defence and a big strong hard pack . Pock looked good when running in open play but below par up front . When it’s wet and muddy they’re going to find things tougher still .

really good ref and we all want players to stay on if possible .. for me the two obvious reds were not the right calls though . Like to see the home sides match video on them both. .

Decent afternoon and reasonable crowd .. a couple of home fans on verandah full of ale shouting some  boorish comments at the Pock lads the only irritation…
Seen a number of incidents already this season that warranted red cards. Some received yellows but some just a penalty. Referees need to understand they need to apply the laws fully. The players need protecting. It's not their job to apply their own "interpretation" and keep players on the field.
When the second seal was opened another horse came out, a fairy red one. Its rider was given power to take the p*ss from the earth and to make men lay with each other. To him was given a large ego.

leg

• Legend
Reply #19 on: October 01, 2022, 06:37:19 PM
Didn’t go but Moortown scored quite a few tries at Bees with a bizarre looking score of 20-71. 😳 I was at Roundhegians watching a poor game - hard to believe Yorkshire 1 is such a drop in standards.

Pumba

• Finding my feet
  • #UTT
Reply #20 on: October 01, 2022, 07:40:46 PM
Bees are poor to say they “splash the cash” they will not do well this year against anyone the will more than likely go down unfortunately for them.

Barry D. Hatchett

• Finding my feet
Reply #21 on: October 01, 2022, 08:05:55 PM
Bees are poor to say they “splash the cash” they will not do well this year against anyone the will more than likely go down unfortunately for them.

Does anybody not splash the cash at this level? The results today would indicate every club is at it. The chequebook battle is greater than Westlife Vs Spice Girls for Xmas number 1 in 2000.

Memory_Man

• Legend
Reply #22 on: October 01, 2022, 09:13:44 PM

At least they’ve actually turned up every week so far this season!…long way to go though.

They might struggle when they are under water in 2 weeks as well.

carlthewlisjohns

• One of the boys
  • Rugby is always the winner
Reply #23 on: October 01, 2022, 09:33:56 PM
Turned up to Bees today. I'm told the buffet was excellent, I needed a couple of things from the bar and was greeted with very pleasant staff. Went to set up the changing room and found a case of beer with some programmes, nice touch. At 20-33 Bees were in it. Decent lineout, some bloody big buggers and some heart that wasn't missing last season just lacked the edge it has this season. I honestly feel if they can be consistent in selection teams could underestimate them. Is their arrangement ideal, time will tell but it certainly felt like some buzz was back about the place.

omigidiant

• Legend
Reply #24 on: October 01, 2022, 11:02:07 PM

At least they’ve actually turned up every week so far this season!…long way to go though.

Still not quite sure what happened to the 10 points supposedly deducted from B&B  at the end of last season for this season. Any suggestions?
Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

omigidiant

• Legend
Reply #25 on: October 01, 2022, 11:05:10 PM

Still not quite sure what happened to the 10 points supposedly deducted from B&B  at the end of last season for this season. Any suggestions?

Sorry just noticed they've been deducted. I stand corrected
Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

ponte animal

• One of the boys
Reply #26 on: October 01, 2022, 11:15:17 PM
Thought that a fine summing up of the game Alfredo. Tight head prop man of the match says a lot.

Memory_Man

• Legend
Reply #27 on: October 01, 2022, 11:21:45 PM

Sorry just noticed they've been deducted. I stand corrected

Not sure it will really matter.

kingofthewingers

• Finding my feet
Reply #28 on: October 02, 2022, 10:01:49 AM
I ventured up to the dry ski slope yesterday to watch Droners for the second time. Very different looking side to the one that beat Brid. They started off the better team and could have scored a couple more tries than they did but Brods then reverted to type and dominated for the middle 40 mins. A try and clutch conversion last kick of the game snatching the draw for the Sheffield men. Probably the fair result.

Some surprising results elsewhere. Crocs and Bees early front runners for relegation?

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #29 on: October 02, 2022, 02:22:31 PM
more news on Pocklington number 6

apparently he’s a new recruit who none of rest of the mercenaries knew … on top dollar as well .

After he was binned yesterday he didn’t go back on for remainder of game ( no idea if he was sulking or in the circumstances coach had pulled him) . I’m informed he didn’t go through players tunnel at the end, went and sat on the teambus in his playing gear not entering clubhouse .

so top tip to everyone else .. he’s a fragile sausage do be kind to him … apparently he punched the Ponty bloke because he asked him how much he was being paid to play ..

Pock are rapidly going down in my estimation if that’s the way forward .