$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Floodlight regulations

Floodlight regulations

This is a discussion for the topic Floodlight regulations on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Floodlight regulations  (Read 4231 times)

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #15 on: October 26, 2022, 10:07:53 PM
I think Friday night rugby has a big future for lots of reasons not least for those mentioned by Wakefield4.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

avinastella

Reply #16 on: October 26, 2022, 10:09:28 PM
Again. I offered a summary of the evening and my own comments regarding my experience of playing and reffing under said lights.  If it was unsafe would the game not have been called off by the ref or would Heath have the option to say 'this is unsafe, we are not playing?'
Silly answer.
As a ref, or a visiting team, did you carry a lux meter with you?
No!!
The onus is squarely on the home team to comply.
Perhaps we should just comply with the Regs that suit at the time.?
What about Laws of the game. Are you flexible with them too?
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

avinastella

Reply #17 on: October 26, 2022, 10:12:19 PM
I think Friday night rugby has a big future for lots of reasons not least for those mentioned by Wakefield4.
I'm not against it.
But to poo poo the regs on what is a safety issue, and one the RFU have flagged up is reckless.  God forbid someone gets injured,we know who the winners are then.

Wakefield4

• Finding my feet
Reply #18 on: October 26, 2022, 10:17:03 PM
Again. I was giving an overview of the successes of a friday night game. Well supported, good takings which i imagine the question maybe asked one day by another club. 'Was a friday night game successful when you tried it? And i would say the overall opinion is yes, it was. I have not commented on lux and if it has to be a certain level then should be of that level. I have not stated anything to say different, just passed on some knowledge that friday night rugby could be measured as a success should a club be considering it or concerned less people may attend. I would suggest theybwpuld need floodlight or the required level which i am sure all people are aware of from the well written original post on the subject. My knowledge of the lux of sandal's floodlights is not any area of knowledge i would consider i require further knowledge of as i am not involved there.

avinastella

Reply #19 on: October 26, 2022, 10:34:36 PM
Again. I was giving an overview of the successes of a friday night game. Well supported, good takings which i imagine the question maybe asked one day by another club. 'Was a friday night game successful when you tried it? And i would say the overall opinion is yes, it was. I have not commented on lux and if it has to be a certain level then should be of that level. I have not stated anything to say different, just passed on some knowledge that friday night rugby could be measured as a success should a club be considering it or concerned less people may attend. I would suggest theybwpuld need floodlight or the required level which i am sure all people are aware of from the well written original post on the subject. My knowledge of the lux of sandal's floodlights is not any area of knowledge i would consider i require further knowledge of as i am not involved there.
I am well aware of the possible advantages of Friday night games. We've had them. But then, We paid a fortune to ensure we have lights that comply.
Roolz are da roolz. This thread stemmed from an email from the leagueSecretary. clearly someone is on the case. No one is stopping a club holding games on a night, apart from themselves if they don't comply.

Wakefield4

• Finding my feet
Reply #20 on: October 26, 2022, 10:55:31 PM
So in summary. And i think we both agree. Friday night rugby could be worth a try but only if your floodlights are at the required level.

If a club likes yours has done, invest in quality floodlighting and i hope you deserve to do very well from it and in general clubs who can invest in facilities that benefit a whole club including mini and juniors i hope do well.  Brb's original post i think was after the sandal v heath game and that i imagine for a lot of people not involved in a club was aware of the regs which should be followed.

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #21 on: October 26, 2022, 11:20:09 PM
The answer is for the RFU to publish a list of compliant clubs....that will remove the contention.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

neverplayedstandoff

• Deputy Moderator
Reply #22 on: October 26, 2022, 11:28:31 PM
As someone who was at the game I have to say that Sandals “floodlights” are not fit to play a game at any level.
Why people think the level of rugby is material to the required brightness of the lights amuses me.

Yes  there was a good crowd Yes Heath took a lot of supporters ,as they always do to away games, Yes Sandal had a good bar take.

Is Friday rugby, where teams have Quality floodlights, the answer to club Treasurers prayers. NO.

Why because if the team you are playing does not also have adequate lights they perceive that you have some kind of advantage, as you are always playing under lights and refuse the request to play on a Friday even where travelling time makes this viable.

With the teams in Regional 1 NE there are only Sandal and Cleckheaton that it is practical for Heath to play on a Friday. So whilst it is very nice to have a set of match lights to train under they are rarely used for playing a game.

However looking forward to Sandal coming to us on Friday 9th Dec and hope they bring half of Wakefield with them,

Y1 Pundits league winner 2010/11 seems a long time ago

Oldandslow

Reply #23 on: October 27, 2022, 07:07:39 AM
The answer is for the RFU to publish a list of compliant clubs....that will remove the contention.

Far too sensible for the RFU

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #24 on: October 27, 2022, 08:01:30 AM
I’m informed

Ponty have over last Summer installed RFU standard lights to their second pitch at a cost of 50k ( their main pitch is already up to spec) … that is a lot of money to recover over the bar especially as it costs a billionty quid to flick the switches .  as for Lux Levels the cartoon villain .. every ref needs one .. plus a tosspot detector to root out that gobby sod in the crowd shouting spiteful drivel .  a hard groundometer for assessing frost ..wind meter so Calderdale clubs can’t cancel fixtures in N Yorks .. that could also be useful to root out the old farts . …surely it’s pretty obvious to normal persons if floodlights aren’t fit to play under ??  As for Sandal  fetching half of Wakefield …hilarious .. it’s several miles outside the city .. it’s as close to Wakey as The old agricultural Hamlet of Moortown is to Leeds . 

neverplayedstandoff

• Deputy Moderator
Reply #25 on: October 27, 2022, 09:47:25 AM
Personally would settle for half of Sandal.

Wakefield4

• Finding my feet
Reply #26 on: October 27, 2022, 10:47:06 AM
Very much hope you get a big crowd. Heath and in particular 'spud' (hope i got that name correct) were quality to play and arrange fixtures with. Could well get a few from other local clubs if they do not play until the saturday.  Then a free saturday for scouting!!! Enjoy your games this weekend.

neverplayedstandoff

• Deputy Moderator
Reply #27 on: October 27, 2022, 12:02:14 PM
Very much hope you get a big crowd. Heath and in particular 'spud' (hope i got that name correct) were quality to play and arrange fixtures with. Could well get a few from other local clubs if they do not play until the saturday.  Then a free saturday for scouting!!! Enjoy your games this weekend.
Scouting for boys??

Wakefield4

• Finding my feet
Reply #28 on: October 27, 2022, 12:39:12 PM
Well, they're probably a better band that scouting for girls

Rugby Convert

• Finding my feet
Reply #29 on: October 28, 2022, 10:19:14 PM
I’m informed

Ponty have over last Summer installed RFU standard lights to their second pitch at a cost of 50k ( their main pitch is already up to spec) … that is a lot of money to recover over the bar especially as it costs a billionty quid to flick the switches .  as for Lux Levels the cartoon villain .. every ref needs one .. plus a tosspot detector to root out that gobby sod in the crowd shouting spiteful drivel .  a hard groundometer for assessing frost ..wind meter so Calderdale clubs can’t cancel fixtures in N Yorks .. that could also be useful to root out the old farts . …surely it’s pretty obvious to normal persons if floodlights aren’t fit to play under ??  As for Sandal  fetching half of Wakefield …hilarious .. it’s several miles outside the city .. it’s as close to Wakey as The old agricultural Hamlet of Moortown is to Leeds .

I understand Ponte have invested in the future of the club. The floodlight investment allows their junior section to train throughout the winter, protecting the main pitch. It's a huge investment, but their current form shows the value in developing home grown players. Their current first XV is testament to this policy.. Having attended a few games.  The club is buzzing. Well done to all involved