$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Predictions Week 8

Predictions Week 8

This is a discussion for the topic Predictions Week 8 on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Predictions Week 8  (Read 1988 times)

howzat

• One of the boys
on: October 24, 2022, 03:02:06 PM
No prediction thread last week so thought I would start on early. Looks like an interesting if maybe predictable round this week.

Huddersfield V Goole- Can only see one result here, Goole BP win.

Hullensians V Dinnington- Dinnington don't travel well so can see Hullensians carrying on their rich vein of form and securing a BP win.

Keighley V Salem - Keighley should have to much at home for Salem. Salem's new imports might deliver them a loosing bonus point but at what cost...

Leos V Beverly - Surprising loss for Leos last week, I reckon they will bounce back at home against Beverly who have been all over the shop so far this season.

Old Rish V West Leeds- Interesting game this, have West turned a corner or was last weeks win just a blip in the pan. Think Rish might be to much of an ask at home but wouldn't be surprised if the result goes either way.

Roundhegians V Wetherby - Could be a big result come the end of the season for either team, reckon with the home advantage this might be the week that they get their first win.

yorkshirewarrior

• Finding my feet
Reply #1 on: October 25, 2022, 04:17:03 PM
Huddersfield V Goole- Goole on a winning Streak, I cant see anybody but Keighley beating them. 

Hullensians V Dinnington- Hullensians very good a home - bonus point win

Keighley V Salem - Keighley to run riot

Leos V Beverly - Leos strong at home, Leos in a tight one

Old Rish V West Leeds- Home Advantage to clinch this one

Roundhegians V Wetherby - a must win for Heigan's, Wetherby have some easier... fixtures over the coming weeks a few wins may secure some breathing space. Think weth will be to strong upfront. Weth in a tight one

Rugbymadlad22

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 08:37:13 PM
Huddersfield V Goole- DRAW - I think the scrum will play a big part, Hudds have dominated in that aspect all season, I believe 4/5 penalty tries already, it all depends on which Huddersfield team turns up! Huddersfield love to score but can leak points but seemed to have improved in recent weeks. Goole are top for a reason! Game of the week

Hullensians V Dinnington- Going off form and that dinnington don’t travel well winners HULLENENSIANS

Keighley V Salem - Keighley +7

Leos V Beverly - Leos strong at home, however BEVERLEY to bounce back! -7

Old Rish V West Leeds- LEEDS -7

Roundhegians V Wetherby - 10 pointer this early on WETHERBY -7

howzat

• One of the boys
Reply #3 on: October 27, 2022, 03:58:14 PM
Has to take a very partisan view of Huddersfield's performances so far this season to think they could come within ten points of Goole, let alone secure a draw...

Having seen both teams play this season, I wouldn't call the Hudds scrum dominant, good but not dominant. Goole on the other hand have class from 1-15 and I reckon will walk away with all 5 points.

Russell Crow

• Finding my feet
Reply #4 on: October 28, 2022, 09:42:22 AM
Huddersfield vs Goole - not sure about the dominant scrum comment, Huddersfield have had a remarkable turnaround this year but Goole are the best team in the league. Routine away bonus point win.

Hullensians vs Dinnington - they’ve been fantastic since returning to Yorkshire One scoring a bagful of points. Expecting nothing less here. Bonus point home win. Dinnington drifting towards a relegation battle I’m afraid.

Keighley vs Salem - game of the week for me, Kieghley look set to join Goole in the higher league next season. However Salem with their new imports are a match for anyone. Don’t think either side will take a backwards step in this full blooded derby. Home advantage to just edge it but could easily go either way.
[
Leo’s vs Beverley - home side playing their pitch very well at the moment and getting the results. Beverley seem to have a high ceiling but inconsistent performances so far. Tight one that I’m sure Leo’s will be keen to close out after last weeks defeat at West Leeds.

Old Rish vs West Leeds - great result for West Leeds last week against a Leo’s side that I’ve been performing well. Rish probably expected to be in the title hunt at the start of the year so underperforming at the moment, will be looking for a home 5 pointer to claw back some of the points they’ve dropped so far.

Roundhegians vs Wetherby - huge game for both sides. Roundhegians have to start finding points somewhere now we’re on game 8. They don’t seem to have trouble score but defensively can’t hold out. A win for Wetherby would give them much needed breathing space from the drop zone. Backing Wetherbys big boys to grind out a tight one
Ní dhéanfadh an soal capall rasa d’asal

Benchwarmer

• Finding my feet
Reply #5 on: October 29, 2022, 01:18:06 PM
Huddersfield 15 v 38 Goole - Expect Goole to carry on playing good rugby and winning comfortably

Hullensians 29 v 12 Dinnington - Dinnington don’t look up to much this year, think Hullensians will get the bonus point win

Keighley 35 v 24 Salem - Being a local derby I imagine things to be gritty and closer than initially expected. But Keighley play the Astro turf well, so could be a large margin

Leo’s 17 v 19 Beverley - Leo’s a tough place to play in the wet conditions, close game, a couple points either way

Old Rish 21 v 7 West Leeds - Old Rish to continue to add to West Leeds’s pain

Roundhegians 19 v 17 Wetherby - Another tough place to go in the wet weather, heavy ground, can see Roundhegians grinding out their first win today