$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Week 8 Results

Week 8 Results

This is a discussion for the topic Week 8 Results on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: Week 8 Results  (Read 1715 times)

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
on: October 29, 2022, 10:42:30 PM
Sorry for not posting earlier, went straight off for work. A couple of tight games there but not too many surprises.

Bramley Phoenix HWO Barnsley
North Ribblesdale 21 - 0 Leeds Corinthians
Northallerton 19 - 24 Harrogate Pythons
Ripon 20 - 39 Baildon
Wath Upon Dearne 19 - 18 Wheatley Hills
Wensleydale 35 - 12 Yarnbury

Our game was certainly a game of 2 halves with us 24-0 up at half time and North coming back strong in the 2nd half. Our discipline and error count was unacceptable but fair play to North, they didn’t let their heads drop and threw everything at us. They played field position well and took their chances. If they play like that every week they’ll soon pull away from the bottom. Still, I’ll take a BP away win however we can get it.

Ribbflagman

• A little respect please...
Reply #1 on: October 30, 2022, 01:59:27 PM
Wasn't there yesterday,  away on holiday but am reliably Informed that Ribb played some good stuff and were well  worth the win.  Forwards on top in the tight and backs performing well despite three late enforced change.
Our coach described it as "Well deserved and professionally executed victory"
On to The Big Yawn by the seaside next week looking good for that elusive first away win.

Locked Out

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Life is serious enough...
Reply #2 on: October 30, 2022, 02:58:57 PM
Came off second best to a well drilled and very fit £aildon side 20- 39 yesterday after trying to play too much Rugby when the conditions warranted a steadier approach. A decent set piece and great discipline this week, just a few too many loose balls and inability to react to the sharper visitor counters. £aildon a side going places if the coach and cash hold out.

Boatracer

• Legend
  • Lose on the pitch, win by the bar.
Reply #3 on: October 30, 2022, 03:58:51 PM
Came off second best to a well drilled and very fit £aildon side 20- 39 yesterday after trying to play too much Rugby when the conditions warranted a steadier approach. A decent set piece and great discipline this week, just a few too many loose balls and inability to react to the sharper visitor counters. £aildon a side going places if the coach and cash hold out.

🤑🤑🤑🤑
Yes, my scrum cap is wee coloured...

Outwide

• Finding my feet
Reply #4 on: October 30, 2022, 08:25:23 PM
Wasn't there yesterday,  away on holiday but am reliably Informed that Ribb played some good stuff and were well  worth the win.  Forwards on top in the tight and backs performing well despite three late enforced change.
Our coach described it as "Well deserved and professionally executed victory"
On to The Big Yawn by the seaside next week looking good for that elusive first away win.

We look forward to welcoming you Ribbed flagman.

A battle against a well sized Wensleydale on the hills proved challenging for us. By no means disheartened, Dale is a very tough place to travel to and good on them for their home record.

Onto next week and we eagerly await to witness some professional execution at home. Flagman would you be so gracious as to join me for half time haddock and chips?

Ribbflagman

• A little respect please...
Reply #5 on: November 02, 2022, 07:50:25 AM
Unfortunately I won't be able to join you as I will be travelling back from a week in the sun. Our first for nearly 4 years button thankyou for your kind invite it is much appreciated. I presume ithat would have taken place in my personal changing room!!!!