$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Fixtures this week

Fixtures this week

This is a discussion for the topic Fixtures this week on the board Yorkshire 4.

Author Topic: Fixtures this week  (Read 1515 times)

JB26

• Finding my feet
on: November 07, 2022, 12:58:36 PM
What’s peoples thoughts on this weekends fixtures

Aire v Mos
Tough one to call, but I think Mos are on a bit of a roll. Very physical teams. Mos for me losing bonus point for Aire

Nestle v Hornsea
If I go on this last weekend, Nestle only had 15, then I go for Hornsea… but nestle at home will probably have 120 available this week. So going for a Chocolate win

Otliensians v Halifax
Big game for us. OO are a very well balanced side. We will have to be at our best. Us just with OO a losing bonus point

Stocksbridge v Hessle
Stocks seem to be getting some boys back, some good results lately. But I’m going for a score draw

York RI v Knaresborough
At home York will have tons of numbers… so will make things hard. But I am leaning towards a Knaresborough win with a losing bonus point for York RI

Good luck everyone. Stay safe and have fun

Golferkev

• Finding my feet
Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 07:56:57 PM
Aire v Mos
7 from 9 away for Mosborough. Win this and they are definitely in with a shout of second place ( Rotherham to walk it). Will be really close but not backing against them so away win

Nestle v Hornsea
Really get you JB. Home v away availability  is ridiculous and always has been. Still fancy my second favourite team to get an away win

Otliensians v Halifax
Free meals after training will have got the lads fully prepared. Halifax by 15

Stocksbridge v Hessle
Getting colder. Don’t go to Stocksbridge if the weather isn’t good. Home win

York RI v Knaresborough
Home win. Nothing to back that up

Good luck

HandsInTheRuck

• Finding my feet
  • Always got an eye open
Reply #2 on: November 11, 2022, 09:26:53 AM

Aire v Mos
Aire travelled light last week, coach on the bench. but that will be a different case at home, I imagine the pitch at Aire is a bog now, which they seem to enjoy. will be scrappy forwards game, Mos are definitely the dark horses of this league though. If they turn up I can see them edging the win. Mos by 3+

Nestle v Hornsea
Nestle pretty consistent at home, but a big boost for Hornsea beating Aire last week, will be a close game. Im going to go with either team +2

Otliensians v Halifax
Game of the week. OO home pitch seems to be a fortress, they're putting more points past teams than anyone in top 5 when they are at home. I imagine against Halifax this will be a little tougher, there will be some good tries scored in this game. but I'm going with home advantage 5+

Stocksbridge v Hessle
Stocks always tough at home at this time of year, it is supposed to be a bit warmer this weekend. I think there will be 20+ scored by each team, Im going to go with stocks by 5+

York RI v Knaresborough
York RI's home results speak for themselves, I think its gonna be a tough game for knares. York will run a bonus point win in here York by +14

Is it true that Rotherham chose not to play Mods this week and they played on the other free week? Mods could have taken advantage of this!

Either way, good luck all. The league is looking close and could definitely change over these next few weeks

Golferkev

• Finding my feet
Reply #3 on: November 11, 2022, 04:47:56 PM
Think Rotherham home  fixtures are dictated by Rotherham rufc  and therefore they have approval

Could be wrong though

JB26

• Finding my feet
Reply #4 on: November 12, 2022, 06:11:38 PM
OO 21-11 Halifax
Great spectacle for Y4 rugby. We were beaten by the better team on the day. Either side could’ve won. Congratulations to OO… good to see that they have regrouped, the coach is a true gent and the work they put in is superb. 2 clubs that do things the right way.
I will regroup with my boys and look forward to the tussle with OO at our place in the future.

BR

• Finding my feet
Reply #5 on: November 13, 2022, 05:07:30 PM
Rowntrees vs Hornsea, odd game as it was abandoned with 2 minutes to go due to a fight breaking out and a Hornsea supporter running into the pitch. Can't see the result changing just never seen that before
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 10:18:19 AM by BR »