$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Round 10

Round 10

This is a discussion for the topic Round 10 on the board Regional One (North East).

Author Topic: Round 10  (Read 3863 times)

Differ Lid

• Forum old hand
on: November 11, 2022, 12:29:02 PM
The half way stage of the season is quickly coming around, and the league table is looking interesting.

Heath Vs Driffield
Both sides have had similar results this season, both losing to Billingham and Cleckheaton, with Heath still to face Alnwick. Discipline will be key for Driffield to get a result from this game, Heath clearly have a very good defence, and the boot of Johnson able to punish teams. If Driffield can keep the penalty count low then they should have enough in attack to break them down. Driffield Win

Ilkley Vs Phoenix
9th vs 10th in the league, and could decide who gets dragged into a relegation scrap. Going with the good old principle that Ilkley struggle against big packs, they will certainly struggle with the size of Phoenix. Doncaster Win

Paviors Vs Cleckheaton
Cleckheaton are flying high on the back of some fantastic results in recent weeks. Paviors results have been hit and miss, but certainly appear stronger at home. Paviors Win

Sandal Vs Billingham
League favourites to continue the winning ways. Billingham Win

Scunthorpe vs York
Last weeks narrow victory could be a league defining moment for York, as could a loss to second from bottom Scunthorpe. Going to go with an upset here, Scunthorpe Win

West Bridgford Vs Alnwick
If the controlled performance of Alnwick is on show that Driffield experienced last weekend then very few sides will beat them over the remaining games, that said, the losses to Sandal and Paviors show they can be vulnerable. Think it would be a very big upset if Bridgford managed to pull a result out of the bag here but certainly would keep the table very interesting. Alnwick Win
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 12:31:26 PM by Differ Lid »

Pristine Shorts

• A little respect please...
Reply #1 on: November 11, 2022, 02:26:28 PM
Very impressed with your typing, Differ Lid….

Heath v Driffield - got to fancy the Halifax lads at home, though Driff will surely run them close.

Ilkley v Phoenix - big Danum pack or not, I’m sticking my neck out, thinking the Dalesmen will finally find some form. No doubt it will be close though, putting their supporters through the wringer again.

Paviors v Cleck - Cleck certainly on a roll and as Ilkley won at Paviors, I think Cleck will too.

Sandal v Billingham - never an easy place to win, but Billingham have what it takes.

Scunthorpe v York - the latter’s league position is astonishing, given that they are the best side I’ve seen this season ( inc. Billingham ) They obviously have a Jekyll and Hyde team, so I wonder who will turn up at Scunny… York - just.

West Bridgford v Alnwick - can’t put it better than you did Differ Lid. Alnwick win.

Kellythorpe

• One of the boys
Reply #2 on: November 11, 2022, 07:05:44 PM
Ok, I will have a go again. Very unsuccessful up to now!
Heath v Driff. This should be very close, if Driff can keep penalty count down, I hope they make it a win.
Ilkley v DP. Surely if Ilkley can get enough ball, they can win this. DP have a very big pack though, so this could be tight. I will give it to Ilkley.
Sandal v Billingham. Away win for sure.
Scunthorpe v York. I cannot understand why York are not winning more games. Away win.
WB v Alnwick. Alnwick will win this one on the evidence I have seen of WB.

Differ Lid

• Forum old hand
Reply #3 on: November 12, 2022, 03:33:58 PM
Whilst the game is happening, so no accusations of bitterness (score 30-23 currently) the Heath crowd in the stand are some of the most vile supports I’ve ever heard, and the language and abuse aimed at the referee is disgusting and not welcome in this game!

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #4 on: November 12, 2022, 07:05:34 PM
I'm told by other local clubs that Heath are spending some serious money and they have attracted some unsavoury elements into their fold.

It's sad really as Heath were a nice little club growing organically but it sounds like some egos have got involved.

Anyone care to guess :
a) how much their 10 is being paid, if anything??
And
b) is it going through payroll??

Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Woody

• One of the boys
Reply #5 on: November 12, 2022, 07:06:29 PM
Whilst the game is happening, so no accusations of bitterness (score 30-23 currently) the Heath crowd in the stand are some of the most vile supports I’ve ever heard, and the language and abuse aimed at the referee is disgusting and not welcome in this game!

Firstly i would like to thank Driffield for making the trip to heath today in good numbers and giving heath a good game. Heath came out deserving winners, however Driffield did deserve at least a point. But he ho it wasn’t to be. The crowd today at heath was passionate as always, however an incident in the second half resulting in a high tackle from the No 9, who had already received a yellow card for a similarly offence, resulted in a severely broken nose and possible fractured cheek bones. This was unfortunately missed by the referee and the game carried on with the player needing medical intervention and a trip to hospital. The frustration expressed on the sideline was an emotional outburst from family members as they were concerned about the well-being of their loved one. We have engaged with all the crowd today regarding this and we will be addressing any issues raised by the referee and Driffield supporters. Heath have never had a complaint or any concerns before regarding this issue. I spoke to the referee personally and assured him we will be reminding all members of the code of conduct which the club is extremely passionate about. I personally received a lot of abuse last year at Driffield when my boot fell apart and I had to change my boots with a member of the bench. Which took a few minutes to achieve, during which I was sworn at multiple times by members of the crown which could really effect a persons mental health. An area which we at heath take very seriously and are currently working closely with mental health charities in the area. Heath also raised a significant amount of money for the mixed ability World Cup during the summer, which allowed the team from Halifax to travel and compete. A few members even made the trip over to support the team in cork. Heath will continue to advertise the values of rugby and drive forward Yorkshire rugby.

Woody

• One of the boys
Reply #6 on: November 12, 2022, 08:09:06 PM
I'm told by other local clubs that Heath are spending some serious money and they have attracted some unsavoury elements into their fold.

It's sad really as Heath were a nice little club growing organically but it sounds like some egos have got involved.

Anyone care to guess :
a) how much their 10 is being paid, if anything??
And
b) is it going through payroll??

I will update you on heaths recent investments. We have had our changing rooms refurbished by one of our members, send me your email address I will send you some pics. They are amazing. But it has cost the club nothing but a few hundred pints 😂

Yea Chris Johnson has joined us this season, he has been amazing bringing so much energy to the club and experience. To have a player coach like Chris allows heath to continue to grow and has improved our rugby significantly. Heath have had a lot of support from the local community this year as always and we have been able to increase our coaching budget to ensure all our coaches are rewarded for their hard work. And of course it’s processed via payroll you silly billy. We don’t utilise paper envelopes like those fine sea faring people of Scarborough.

Pristine Shorts

Reply #7 on: November 12, 2022, 08:27:52 PM
Oh dear, unpleasantries at Heath ? That’s unusual, I have to say. Always found the place decent enough, apart from the beer.

Anyway, an unfortunate day at Stacks Field for the home supporters as Danum Phoenix snuck a lucky win with the last play of an absorbing match. The so called big DP pack was more than matched by the Ilkley eight in every department, including the set scrums, but some poor kicking and worse game management allowed the visitors back in the game.

Three tries apiece, so the kicking made the difference, neither side’s kicker looking remotely impressive.

Driffield away next time… hope it’s a good lunch !

Differ Lid

• Forum old hand
Reply #8 on: November 12, 2022, 08:31:13 PM
So just firstly to point out the Driffield No.9 was yellow carded for slapping the ball out of Heaths 9s hand whilst playing the ball, the injury to the Heath replacement prop was a head collision with his own player whilst trying to tackle a driffield player in the Heath 22. (Whilst Driffield scrum half was on the bench)So not entirely sure why Driffields scrum half was brought into justification for that moment of abuse directed at the ref.

The out burst whilst the prop was injured was one of many moments of concern, a passionate crowd appealing for offsides or high tackles is one thing “you’re a blind c**t ref” is not acceptable, so glad to hear it’s been so quickly addressed.

To the game, Driffield started slowly and gave away too many penalties early in the game. Heaths electric winger Harriot-Brown I believe scored two fantastic individual efforts and the boot of Johnson proved to be too much. Driffield put up a good fight and played some brilliant rugby at times. But Heath defended very well as always. Not many teams will score 30 points against Heath so suppose that’s something! Disappointing to not pick up a bonus point or 2!
Heath will be in the top 3 come the end of the season as long as Johnson stays fit (the 10minutes Johnson spent in the sin bin Heath looked a completely different side)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 08:51:14 PM by Differ Lid »

Woody

• One of the boys
Reply #9 on: November 12, 2022, 10:14:35 PM
So just firstly to point out the Driffield No.9 was yellow carded for slapping the ball out of Heaths 9s hand whilst playing the ball, the injury to the Heath replacement prop was a head collision with his own player whilst trying to tackle a driffield player in the Heath 22. (Whilst Driffield scrum half was on the bench)So not entirely sure why Driffields scrum half was brought into justification for that moment of abuse directed at the ref.

The out burst whilst the prop was injured was one of many moments of concern, a passionate crowd appealing for offsides or high tackles is one thing “you’re a blind c**t ref” is not acceptable, so glad to hear it’s been so quickly addressed.

To the game, Driffield started slowly and gave away too many penalties early in the game. Heaths electric winger Harriot-Brown I believe scored two fantastic individual efforts and the boot of Johnson proved to be too much. Driffield put up a good fight and played some brilliant rugby at times. But Heath defended very well as always. Not many teams will score 30 points against Heath so suppose that’s something! Disappointing to not pick up a bonus point or 2!
Heath will be in the top 3 come the end of the season as long as Johnson stays fit (the 10minutes Johnson spent in the sin bin Heath looked a completely different side)

We will have to agree to disagree on this point and I am sure you addressed your crowd last year for similar language/behaviour in a timely fashion as all clubs in this league would.

But let’s not allow this blip get in the way of the man of the match performances. Callum had a fantastic day and continues to grow as a player. Heaths number 7 had a brilliant game and put the heaths defence under pressure all day. I felt the Driffield scum rallied in the second half with the introductIon of the back up loose head, he also carried extremely well. I noticed the Driffield lads drove over in convoy. If you ever need a bus we can approach heath grammar school and ask them if you can borrow their double decker fun bus. We will be using it for our trip to Driffield in the new year so we can show you around 😂😂

MORLEYBOI

• Finding my feet
Reply #10 on: November 12, 2022, 10:39:50 PM
Interesting day at Heath,the frustration from the crowd was fed  by some odd decisions.Which unfortunately have become a bigger talking point than the outstanding game.Nothing between the 2 teams over the last 2 seasons and the winning team on all 3 occasions deserved the result.As for BRB and the money paid by Heath makes me lol.Anyone would think Scarborough don’t pay there Kiwi coaches.Some would say waste there money paying there Kiwi coaches but I’d never say that.Driff a great club and the young referee,will only improve with these big games.UTH

Differ Lid

• Forum old hand
Reply #11 on: November 13, 2022, 07:32:58 AM
Interesting day at Heath,the frustration from the crowd was fed  by some odd decisions.Which unfortunately have become a bigger talking point than the outstanding game.Nothing between the 2 teams over the last 2 seasons and the winning team on all 3 occasions deserved the result.As for BRB and the money paid by Heath makes me lol.Anyone would think Scarborough don’t pay there Kiwi coaches.Some would say waste there money paying there Kiwi coaches but I’d never say that.Driff a great club and the young referee,will only improve with these big games.UTH

The odd decisions were felt both ways, however I did feel the ref was consistent with his decision for both sides, and let both sides get away with the same offences (supporters only tend to notice the oppositions offences and not their own). He is a good young Ref, and has developed a lot over the last few seasons we’ve had him officiate our games

Premier3

• Finding my feet
Reply #12 on: November 13, 2022, 08:21:24 AM
Woody-At a recent Heath match I was told it is in the £10,000 range for Coach/Player and new up beat star at Heath.
Making a real difference on and off the field.

MORLEYBOI

• Finding my feet
Reply #13 on: November 13, 2022, 08:51:09 AM

The odd decisions were felt both ways, however I did feel the ref was consistent with his decision for both sides, and let both sides get away with the same offences (supporters only tend to notice the oppositions offences and not their own). He is a good young Ref, and has developed a lot over the last few seasons we’ve had him officiate our games
Differ Lid
I’d don’t disagree with you at all there.
Re Premier
Thinks it’s more like £20,000,a house and car,plus a holiday home in Barbados.Heath been a club renowned for spending there Millions  a on players.

Premier3

• Finding my feet
Reply #14 on: November 13, 2022, 09:28:41 AM
It was meant to be a genuine answer to the genuine question.
But sounds like I touched a nerve-sorry
The answer came from a Heath ex player so guessed there was some truth in his reply.
No issues from me if wrong -but woody asked a question.