$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Week 10

Week 10

This is a discussion for the topic Week 10 on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Week 10  (Read 5431 times)

ponte animal

• One of the boys
on: November 11, 2022, 02:15:16 PM
Some cracking fixtures this week.

Morley V Moortown - Moortown back on track here, with no BP.

Old Crossleyans V Malton and Norton - Tough place to go and Crocs have turned it around. Narrow win either way, go for Crocs.

Pocklington V Dronfield - Pock are in a real mess by all accounts. Take them to win this though, just with home advantage.

Pontefract V Bridlington - Apparently, Ponte squad is stretched with key personnel missing. Looking forward to this one, two form teams. Can the imported props scrummage as well as carry the ball? should be interesting. Fancy a very high scoring match, home win just.

Scarborough V Bradford & Bingley - Bees are improving but nothing for them here.

Selby V Old Brodleians - Both teams seem to lack depth, so availability on the day key. With no confidence, a narrow home win.

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #1 on: November 11, 2022, 04:54:30 PM
Morley V Moortown - Moortown with a close win.

Old Crossleyans V Malton and Norton - Crocs will have too much for Malton at home

Pocklington V Dronfield - I think Dronfield will sneak this. I understand there are a few problems at pock.

Pontefract V Bridlington - Despite claims of Ponte "missing a few" I think they will come away with an good win.

Scarborough V Bradford & Bingley - Hopefully a home win.

Selby V Old Brodleians - I can see Selby sneaking this one if they have their halfbacks playing.

Happy rugby all
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Rugby Convert

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: November 11, 2022, 10:05:07 PM
Morley V Moortown - Moortown to bounce back

Old Crossleyans V Malton and Norton - Crocs with home advantage

Pocklington V Dronfield - away win. Pock imploded

Pontefract V Bridlington - tough  call. Seen the brid team sheet with all their imports. Ponte missing a few. True supporter, home win just

Scarborough V Bradford & Bingley - home win

Selby V Old Brodleians - selby win, just

Trippinthroughthedew

• Finding my feet
Reply #3 on: November 11, 2022, 10:31:12 PM
No kk for crocs easy m and n win

omigidiant

• Legend
Reply #4 on: November 11, 2022, 11:54:14 PM
Morley v Moortown
Morley seem to be very hit and miss this season and despite Towns recent loses I can't see them not coming away with 5 point.

Old Crossleyans V Malton and Norton
Crocs seem to finally be getting it together and they are always difficult to beat at home so with Malton's on and off form I take Crocs to scrape a home win.

Pocklington V Dronfield
The wheels seem to be coming off Pock's wagon for reasons I can't determine, but Dronfield keep coming away with positive feedback even in defeat so they must be doing something right. Based on that I take Dronfield's positive momentum to give them a slight victory.

Pontefract V Bridlington
Difficult to predict but Pontes big pack will take some over turning especially at home. For all their imports Brid don't seem to travel well so based on that I take Ponte for a comfortable win.

Scarborough V Bradford & Bingley
For all their improvement this season I can't see Bees causing any problems for Scabs so I take a 5 point home win.

Selby V Old Brodleians
Difficult one to access with Selby being very hit and miss this season. Brods keep surprising then go off the boil which is consistant with a young side still learning their trade. If the good Selby side turn out then I can see them putting Brods in ther place, but it's not a gimme.

Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #5 on: November 12, 2022, 02:04:32 PM
I have to say that B&B look very competent warming up with some big lads. I find it hard to believe that this is that side that hasn't won a match.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #6 on: November 12, 2022, 03:09:14 PM
Scarborough 42-5 B&B 
48 mins gone.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #7 on: November 12, 2022, 03:47:26 PM
Scarborough 56 - 12 B&B
FT

Bombardier29

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Drop the red donkey
Reply #8 on: November 12, 2022, 05:03:04 PM
I have to say that B&B look very competent warming up with some big lads. I find it hard to believe that this is that side that hasn't won a match.
But now you know why......
When the second seal was opened another horse came out, a fairy red one. Its rider was given power to take the p*ss from the earth and to make men lay with each other. To him was given a large ego.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #9 on: November 12, 2022, 05:06:51 PM
Yes fair point. You have to admit they have the makings of a competent side.....

Bombardier29

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Drop the red donkey
Reply #10 on: November 12, 2022, 05:19:46 PM
Yes fair point. You have to admit they have the makings of a competent side.....
Yes they do, but would probably benefit from a season or two lower down.
I was more concerned about Scarborough's game management in the final quarter. We lost shape, control and concentration.
Will Rennard deservedly MOM but could equally have been Joel Little debuting at 10
When the second seal was opened another horse came out, a fairy red one. Its rider was given power to take the p*ss from the earth and to make men lay with each other. To him was given a large ego.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #11 on: November 12, 2022, 07:00:35 PM
In all the years I've been watching Scarborough this side enthuses me the most. To have a team dominated by local lads is more satisfying than all the stars we have had in the past. We currently have a perfect balance of youth and experience and they are all very well coached.

We will in all likelihood lose more matches this season but it won't be from lack of effort or endeavour.

As I said earlier I thought B&B were much improved on last season and have the basis of a good side. They will go down but I think they will come back up. Despite their lowly position they came with a full squad and plenty of support staff- i can't see them giving any walkovers this season. Their biggest problem is confidence, when they enjoy their first win more will inevitably follow.. They played a side brimming with confidence and the difference was noticeable. Scarborough played on front foot and our breakdown work was in a difference class to B&B....quick ball and a variety of attacking options kept the scoreboard ticking over.

Scarborough were expected to win but I think they handled the game very well and looked very to much in form (kiss of death!)

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #12 on: November 12, 2022, 07:15:03 PM
Moortown have been quiet for a while.....how did today go?

carlthewlisjohns

• One of the boys
  • Rugby is always the winner
Reply #13 on: November 12, 2022, 07:17:30 PM
Moortown have been quiet for a while.....how did today go?
I don't understand this new format? Or is my phone playing up?

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #14 on: November 12, 2022, 07:21:19 PM
It's a bit different but it's more or less the same.

It's like when you serve Korai instead of balti.....but its all curry.