$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Predictions 21/1

Predictions 21/1

This is a discussion for the topic Predictions 21/1 on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Predictions 21/1  (Read 3071 times)

howzat

• One of the boys
on: January 18, 2023, 01:08:07 PM
Hopefully all the fixtures go ahead this week despite the forecasted cold snap.

Goole V Wetherby- Match of the day, think Wetherby's big pack could pose some real issues for Goole. Will be a close game and I think Wetherby might surprise Goole. Away Win.

Huddersfield V Dinnington- Must win game for both team. Dinnington need a win to have any realistic chance of staying up, Huddersfield need to win to avoid being dragged into the relegation scrap. Home advantage to play a significant role. Home win.

Hullensians V Salem- Hullensians seem to have dropped off from their early season form, while Salem seem to be all over the place with their results. However I back ensians to right last weeks wrongs and get a win at home.

Keighley V Beverly - This will be a really interesting game, Keighley's pitch will suit Bev so will be intrigued to see if Keighley can bounce back from last weeks surprise defeat. I don't think they will, Beverly to win.

Leos V West Leeds- Another interesting game, can west Leeds string two results together and push themselves above the relegation scrap? Will come down to what team either side can get out on the day. Away win but could see this one going either way.

Old Rish v Roundhegians- Old Rish will have to much upfront for Roundhegians, wouldn't be surprised if Rish score multiple push over trys.

Piccolino

• Finding my feet
Reply #1 on: January 19, 2023, 07:18:59 PM
Goole V Wetherby- Goole to be too organised and match Wetherby up front. Goole win (just).

Huddersfield V Dinnington- Huddersfield to win but it’ll be tight.

Hullensians V Salem- Hullensians’ home record is excellent, over the last two seasons. Tight contest but Hull to win.

Keighley V Beverley - Beverley’s backs could win them this but I don’t think they will (Keighley three quarters can play a bit too), Keighley pack and centres to pulverise them tight and Brown to kick a load of points.

Leos V West Leeds- West Leeds seem to have hit some form, tight one but West to win.

Old Rish v Roundhegians- Rish to have too much, comfortable win for Rish.

old style prop

• A little respect please...
  • anyone seen me tabs.
Reply #2 on: January 21, 2023, 10:13:36 AM
Goole v Wetherby - just been called off

Could well see Keighley being the only game on this weekend in Y1.

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #3 on: January 21, 2023, 10:22:16 AM
Old Rishworthians v Roundhegians Off

avinastella

Reply #4 on: January 21, 2023, 12:57:25 PM
Goole v Wetherby - just been called off

Could well see Keighley being the only game on this weekend in Y1.
From ISB earlier this morning.
"The only matches on today in my leagues are
MOORTOWN v DRONFIELD at Yarnbury KO 5.00 pm
KEIGHLEY v BEVERLEY KO 3.00pm
MALTON v O BRODS KO 3.00pm - Brods travelling and making a late decision

I will be looking at rescheduling dates next week once I have a bit more info on the RFU Cup arrangements and may move some of those already rescheduled to prioritise those affecting promotion/relegation"
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Completely Neutral

• One of the boys
Reply #5 on: January 22, 2023, 10:20:33 AM
Looking for the results from yesterday and all were postponed except the Beverley game which was abandoned by the looks.

Hope it was weather related rather than injury related.

avinastella

Reply #6 on: January 22, 2023, 11:24:07 AM
Looking for the results from yesterday and all were postponed except the Beverley game which was abandoned by the looks.

Hope it was weather related rather than injury related.
Referee pulled his hamstring. 11 mins to go he blew for full time and declared the match abandoned.

Completely Neutral

• One of the boys
Reply #7 on: January 23, 2023, 10:28:58 AM
What was the score with 11 min to go.

If there was clearly one winner a shame to called it abandoned as there will already be a back log of fixtures with the cold weather called off games already and god knows how many more to come.

avinastella

Reply #8 on: January 23, 2023, 11:16:35 AM
What was the score with 11 min to go.

If there was clearly one winner a shame to called it abandoned as there will already be a back log of fixtures with the cold weather called off games already and god knows how many more to come.
I'm hearing the League Sec. is wanting the game replayed, he just happened to be there on Saturday.
Based on an email he sent out on Saturday morning, i suspect the score will stand.

KLY-LAD

• Finding my feet
Reply #9 on: January 27, 2023, 08:51:51 PM
Keighley Vs Beverley to be replayed on the 18th of March, having played 69 minutes the first time, with the referee advising both teams that the score would stand when he hobbled off. Shame for the lads that are on the club tour that weekend. The RFU & North wonder why players are leaving the game and clubs struggling to keep and recruit volunteers.

avinastella

Reply #10 on: January 27, 2023, 09:06:41 PM
Keighley Vs Beverley to be replayed on the 18th of March, having played 69 minutes the first time, with the referee advising both teams that the score would stand when he hobbled off. Shame for the lads that are on the club tour that weekend. The RFU & North wonder why players are leaving the game and clubs struggling to keep and recruit volunteers.
Doesn't matter what the ref says. The Regs don't cater for the ref getting injured.

KLY-LAD

• Finding my feet
Reply #11 on: January 27, 2023, 09:14:55 PM
Doesn't matter what the ref says. The Regs don't cater for the ref getting injured.

Maybe they should then? Unfortunately that attitude is the problem, not the solution to a game that’s currently failing.

avinastella

Reply #12 on: January 27, 2023, 09:46:03 PM
Maybe they should then? Unfortunately that attitude is the problem, not the solution to a game that’s currently failing.
Do you already have written approval for your tour as per the Regs?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 10:28:37 AM by avinastella »