$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Predictions for this weekend

Predictions for this weekend

This is a discussion for the topic Predictions for this weekend on the board Yorkshire 4.

Author Topic: Predictions for this weekend  (Read 2496 times)

JB26

• Finding my feet
on: February 14, 2023, 09:37:26 PM
Some great games this week.

Halifax v Otliensians game of the week for me. Two teams who like to play running rugby, and 2 clubs doing things the right way. I hope for a fax win.

Hessle v Stocksbridge I think Stocks are getting things back on track, so a close away win for me

Hornsea v Rowntrees depends if Rowntrees start playing silly games again… so I hope for a Hornsea win.

Knaresborough v York RI again I see an away win here, York are stringing a few results together. Knaresborough have struggled a bit for numbers

Mods v Phoenix I hope my good friends at Mods do us a favour. But I fear Phoenix will be too strong.

Mosborough v Aireborough this is a close one for tie of the round. Been really impressed by Mosborough this season. They are a tough outfit, especially at home.

Be good and be safe.

Golferkev

• Finding my feet
Reply #1 on: February 14, 2023, 11:55:02 PM
I predicted Rotherham would run away with the league so fair play to Halifax for keeping up with them. Might even venture across to watch when the two of them meet in a few weeks

To this week

Halifax v OO’s
Halifax to keep up the pressure but might be close

Hessle v Stocksbridge
Long way to travel which definitely affects availability therefore fancy Hessle in another close game

Hornsea v Rowntrees
Another home win but will be very tight

Knaresborough v York RI
Away win by a few

Mods v Rotherham
Not much chance of an upset here Rotherham by more than a few

Mosborough v Aireborough
I think Mosborough will turn around the recent away defeat but will need to improve the amount of line out ball they get

HandsInTheRuck

• Finding my feet
  • Always got an eye open
Reply #2 on: February 15, 2023, 07:31:38 AM
Halifax v Otliensians - Most definitely the game to watch this week. Both teams are on a winning streak, with some impressive results. Both teams will have their moments in this game, with recent form and results, I'm going with OO by +5

Hessle v Stocksbridge - Stocks in some good form recently, seem to have recruited well. Hessle seem to be up and down. I'll go Stocks by +7

Hornsea v Rowntrees - Rowntrees seemed to do very well against Fax on Sat, a much closer result than predicted.. this could be a very close game, I think Rowntrees will be after keeping that positive attitude after last weeks result (which they will take as a positive) - Rowntrees by +7

Knaresborough v York RI  - Great to see Knares getting some points on the board, I can see them getting a try or two this week, but RI will be too physical for them, so I'm saying York by 15+

Mods v Phoenix - Could be the shocker of the week, I could see Mods making a surprise upset here, that been said, I will go Roth by 7

Mosborough v Aireborough - HWO - I have just heard! 

Good Luck all. The table might look different this weekend.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 08:16:52 AM by HandsInTheRuck »

JB26

• Finding my feet
Reply #3 on: February 18, 2023, 06:41:50 PM
100% for my predictions this week.
Great game against Ensians. I hope the player that went away in the ambulance is ok? We tried our best to keep him comfortable.
Lovely guys. Super example of Y4 rugby.

Golferkev

• Finding my feet
Reply #4 on: February 18, 2023, 06:56:56 PM
Another home game for Mosborough that turns into a HWO

Not getting to watch much rugby at the moment. Disappointing

fish

• Forum old hand
Reply #5 on: February 19, 2023, 04:09:31 PM
Generally a good top of the table game at Halifax yesterday -As a past coach I was anti the new tackle law but having watch games at this level over recent weeks and seen the injuries I have now changed my mind . The sooner it comes in and the mindset of the tackler is changed the sooner the better, there were tackles yesterday that should have been  automatic red cards and if the new tackle laws has to be brought in to stop this , so be it !
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 05:34:33 PM by fish »
The older I get, the better I was

TrueBlue

• Finding my feet
Reply #6 on: February 20, 2023, 02:34:35 PM
A point well made Fish and i couldn't agree more regards the new tackle law. Some of the tackles made by a couple of players were barbaric and if blue 12 continues to "tackle" like this, someone will get seriously hurt. His tackle on his opposite number at the end of the game was just appalling. His and others tackle techniques must change so my issue is with the coaches for allowing their players to tackle like this in the first place. There are some players that seem to "get off" in trying to decapitate others and for them there is no hope. Rugby is a tough enough game without this. We all have a duty to safeguard all players and that responsibility should be taken seriously. That being said I enjoyed the arm wrestle from both sides but I was left saddened and disappointed by the actions of a few.

JB26

• Finding my feet
Reply #7 on: February 20, 2023, 07:55:20 PM
It seems very weird that only Halifax’s tackle technique is being scrutinised. I have photographic evidence of a few Yellow players tackling high too… but nothing said about those. One player with a cut mouth… but I’m not whinging. Seems sour grapes are being thrown about. I could’ve enforced the rule about only having one recognised FR replacement… but didn’t. Even though another game goes uncontested scrums!!!! Keep firing the insults at me… I have broad shoulders and don’t really give a rats ass what you think of my coaching. My record speaks for itself. Sometimes you need to have a long hard look at your own team and the way they conduct themselves after games… especially towards the referee!!!! Now that hasn’t been brought up at all. Sad for Otliensiens… thought they had more class than that. For a team”not wanting” promotion… they are doing a fine job of bitching about losing. That’s me done. Enjoy the rest of the season. FYA any other teams… please don’t tackle any Otliensiens players hard… they can’t handle it.

fish

• Forum old hand
Reply #8 on: February 21, 2023, 08:25:56 AM
And that just about sums up the attitude at this level ! Stuff player welfare I’m alright jack ! Don’t worry about players going to work on Monday !
The older I get, the better I was

JB26

• Finding my feet
Reply #9 on: February 21, 2023, 08:39:44 AM
Turnip.

TrueBlue

• Finding my feet
Reply #10 on: February 21, 2023, 09:52:23 AM
No one was specifically criticizing you, and apologies if it came across like that, which i didn't think it did. I see dangerous tackling like this on a pretty regular basis from other clubs, but Saturdays was way over the top. I was a neutral watching the game so no sour grapes from Old Otliensians, however i still stand by the comments I made. You seem rather defensive and quick to fire back on general comments that were made. Not the sort of response from a head coach. I had a look on both teams websites as was interested in both teams match reports but not yet published, however i did see some photos from the game on the Otliensians website of which some validate my previous comments. Im only going on what i saw and trying to highlight payer welfare and over zealous tackling (if that's what its called). That Otliensians 12 could have been seriously injured (i dont know if he is) and tackling like that has no place in rugby union unlike rugby league of which a number of players play both codes and you can see who. I also saw you videoed the game which would be an interesting watch. Good luck for the rest of the season.

avinastella

• A little respect please...
Reply #11 on: February 21, 2023, 11:02:20 AM
It seems very weird that only Halifax’s tackle technique is being scrutinised. I have photographic evidence of a few Yellow players tackling high too… but nothing said about those. One player with a cut mouth… but I’m not whinging. Seems sour grapes are being thrown about. I could’ve enforced the rule about only having one recognised FR replacement… but didn’t. Even though another game goes uncontested scrums!!!! Keep firing the insults at me… I have broad shoulders and don’t really give a rats ass what you think of my coaching. My record speaks for itself. Sometimes you need to have a long hard look at your own team and the way they conduct themselves after games… especially towards the referee!!!! Now that hasn’t been brought up at all. Sad for Otliensiens… thought they had more class than that. For a team”not wanting” promotion… they are doing a fine job of bitching about losing. That’s me done. Enjoy the rest of the season. FYA any other teams… please don’t tackle any Otliensiens players hard… they can’t handle it.
Out of interest, what rule is this regarding only allowing one front row replacement?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 11:08:52 AM by avinastella »
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

HandsInTheRuck

• Finding my feet
  • Always got an eye open
Reply #12 on: February 21, 2023, 11:18:25 AM
At level 10 which is Y4, there is no rule.

You do not need a FR replacement, the game is always on regardless.

As long as the opposition are informed.

A FR replacement can also be a hooker. so If a prop is to go down during the game and there is no prop to come on, it goes uncontested and level 10, you do no longer have the need to drop a player, its continued 15 vs 15 uncontested scrums, full binds and the number 8 CAN still pick and go.

Hope this clears up.

JB26

• Finding my feet
Reply #13 on: February 21, 2023, 12:42:51 PM
If you declare 20 players, you have to have 2x front row replacements… if not you have 18. But we overlooked that misdemeanour… as I thought we had a decent relationship with OO.
My defensive attitude is in reply to the constant barrage of criticism of my players as a whole. We have not had one ref card this season… and only 5 yellows, none for dirty or foul play.
We do not and would never go out to injure a player… to say we do is utter lancashire. We work extremely hard, twice a week to make sure we can be competitive on the field.
The player that got injured (Jake) I believe, is fine if not a little stiff… that is the only thing to discuss. We did everything we could to make him comfortable, with hot drinks, blankets… and I went and got a 200kg gazebo to cover him up from the drizzle. We stopped our celebration as soon as we realised the player was down.
Player welfare is top of my list…
As for the incident… the player was involved in a tackle, he shrugged that off and ran a further 10m before getting tackled again. Then stood up before crouching down after the final whistle. But regardless of all the hatred towards my boys… we will continue to do things right. I will address our tackle technique, as I do in most sessions we do.
I cannot fathom as to why everyone believes we are the only team on here that has given a supposed high tackle!!! Have you guys not seen any other high tackles this season???

HandsInTheRuck

• Finding my feet
  • Always got an eye open
Reply #14 on: February 21, 2023, 01:02:11 PM
OO had a prop at second row, (replacement 1)
and a hooker on the bench (replacement 2)
as per GMS

if the prop replacement got injured, then did the starting prop.

Under the level 10 regulation "Playing matches with uncontested scrums."

(b)  "A team which is unable to maintain a full front row, do not have to play with a man down."