$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Two Y1 clubs in funding crisis.

Two Y1 clubs in funding crisis.

This is a discussion for the topic Two Y1 clubs in funding crisis. on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Two Y1 clubs in funding crisis.  (Read 18522 times)

Antichrist

Reply #30 on: December 24, 2010, 10:41:32 AM
Well said and lets be honest here I think looking at some of the players through out the division's they could do with testing could they not?  ;D

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #31 on: December 24, 2010, 11:47:58 AM
Well said Percy Shaw. I know Jamie very well and he has been an excellent player/coach for the last 3 years at Rishworthians. I wish people would stop bringing up the past. His professional attitude and the successful Junior set up at the club, has enabled the 1st team to move from Yorks 5 to Yorks 2 in 3 seasons. Yorkshire 2 was always going to be a struggle, but the season isn`t over yet!

get that into yer!

• Forum old hand
Reply #32 on: December 26, 2010, 12:08:53 PM
Also, Jamie Bloem was dealt with firmly for substance abuse a long time ago when he was a young man. He has worked enthusiastically in both codes to re-build his career and reputation...

I am sure that neither he nor his young family will appreciate the crass and ill informed comments on this forum...

Not harsh or fair just stupid and ill informed...

I am certain that drugs played no part in Jamie's excellent contribution to the Rishworthian's success.

Yes, Jamie served a suspension for his failed drugs test and he has worked hard to rebuild his reputation. But that repuation will always be tarnished by the fact that he did fail a drugs test and was therefore cheating in order to progress his career.

Jamie may not appreciate 'crass' comments made about his past on this forum, but I'm sure the clean, young players and/or opponents who missed out on opportunities due to Jamie's cheating will not have appreciated what he did and the potential opportunities they missed out on because of this. Mr Bloem is not the innocent party here.

Harsh? Possibly. Fair? Certainly. He cheated and as such is a cheat. (Have you any sympathy for Ben Johnson?) Ill informed? No. As I wasn't stating that he had re-offended, merely that I wouldn't be surprised if he had.

Certain? Really?! I commend your faith.
*insert something profound here*

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • A little respect please...
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
Reply #33 on: December 26, 2010, 02:31:44 PM
Why don't you two take a deep breath, lie down in a dark room and listen to some whale music?
This forum came into being specifically because of stuff descending into personal abuse. >:(
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

Wireless

Reply #34 on: December 26, 2010, 04:04:12 PM
Why don't you two take a deep breath, lie down in a dark room and listen to some whale music?
This forum came into being specifically because of stuff descending into personal abuse. >:(

Pot!  Kettle!  Black!

The first post I saw from you on this forum would suggest that your stance here as some sort of calming influence has a problem with credibility.

Wisimar

• Finding my feet
Reply #35 on: December 26, 2010, 04:33:23 PM
GTIY, I made my comments in response to your specific allegation that:

"he was probably still on the roids"

Which you deemed was "harsh but fair".

Just for clarity: I am absolutely certain he isn't and hasn't been "on roids" during his recent ru career at Halifax, Brods and Rishies. Certain. Don't know what your crass and stupid comments are based upon, but if your entire evidence base is a conviction over 15 years ago well god help us! It must be hard living with us mere mortals form such a moral high ground.

Your initial comments were unfair and ill founded and you did your self no credit in the flippant way you expressed them.

Happy New Year, Percy

get that into yer!

• Forum old hand
Reply #36 on: December 26, 2010, 09:22:36 PM

Just for clarity: I am absolutely certain he isn't and hasn't been "on roids" during his recent ru career at Halifax, Brods and Rishies. Certain.

have you been groing through his bins?! you do know there's a law against that?...

merry new year to also, old chum
*insert something profound here*

Richard Lowther

• One of the boys
    • National League Rugby Message Boards
Reply #37 on: December 30, 2010, 09:54:28 PM
Wow, is that Mr Lowther of rolling-maul.com? If so you have made it Botty, well done.

I would like to say that there aren't two Richard Lowther's but a quick search of Google would make me a liar!

It is a good idea for a website and there should be plenty of interesting subjects to debate around the County.
Remember Wakefield RFC
www.leaguerugby.co.uk

CW, ( C2N )

• The lord of the Manor...
  • Trainee Moderator
Reply #38 on: January 03, 2011, 01:35:28 PM
Just to let all who are interested in this link know the facts.
Castleford run a massively successful Junior set up, with loads of 'young uns' teams through to under 14s, under 15s, under 17s, all going very well, thanks to the efforts of the coaches, committee, etc.
We have over the last 12 months develeoped a new stand with new 'standing area's ' to either side of the redeveloped and extended stand.
in the last 6 months we have extended the clubhouse to involve a completely new entrance and ladies , gents, and disabled toilets. this allows us to have a seperate players entrance. we have built patios in front of the clubhouse and opened up the bar so players /supporters can overlook the field after games.
We set up a '100 club' last year as well as our car boot sales etc, help to run the club. Oh and of course we've gone from yorkshire 4 to yorkshire 1 in the last 4 seasons. (with a win at Twickenham thrown in.)
In short, due to the efforts of the committee, the junior coaches and administration, and the senior rugby administration, Cas is in a good place, whilst still ( and very sensibly) watching every bean.  :P
"And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun: and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire!"

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #39 on: January 03, 2011, 01:38:29 PM
Its not CAS then.......
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

CW, ( C2N )

• Trainee Moderator
Reply #40 on: January 03, 2011, 01:43:29 PM
Cheers bumbandit, It didnt mean anything until you confirmed it!  ;D
"And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun: and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire!"

CW, ( C2N )

• Trainee Moderator
Reply #41 on: January 03, 2011, 01:45:35 PM
Trust me, it's not Cas, far too much money goes on players.
By the way, I nearly fell over when i came across this comment....seems as wheatley came in and bought 3 of our players at the end of last season.. >:(..Astonishing!!

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #42 on: January 03, 2011, 01:46:03 PM
I appreciate your subservience!

Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.