$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Todays Results (18th November)

Todays Results (18th November)

This is a discussion for the topic Todays Results (18th November) on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Todays Results (18th November)  (Read 2882 times)

omigidiant

• Legend
on: November 18, 2023, 04:25:28 PM
Bridlington 32 - 20 Rochdale
Dronfield 3 - 24 Goole
Glossop 12 - 10 Scarborough
Malton and Norton 43 - 21 Old Crossleyans
Moortown 27 - 32 Morley
Old Brodleians 15 - 20 Selby
Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Shed

• Forum old hand
Reply #1 on: November 18, 2023, 11:24:39 PM
Best side on the day won at Woodhead, congrats to Selby who are the best side we have faced this season and deserved the win.

kingofthewingers

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: November 20, 2023, 09:57:13 AM
Some big results this weekend - what a brilliant league we have this season

Did Brid show up in a big way this weekend or was it a case of Rochdale not travelling well?

I don't know which of the next two results is the bigger shock. Probably Glossop getting the points at home, BRB how did it play out? The score suggests a scrappy game.

The score line at Goole - Dronfield is a bigger surprise than the result. I don't remember Dronfield getting blown out at home since joining this league!

TalkIsCheap

• Finding my feet
Reply #3 on: November 20, 2023, 03:02:57 PM
Old Brodleians 15 - Selby 20

I can only talk about the game at Old Brodleians, where I saw the spirit of the mighty Swans out enthuse the Young Brodleians which ensured the win.

A fair result, but it could have gone either way. I'd expect both teams to be near the top come the end of the season, it'll come down to who wants it more and we did on Saturday.

Excellent club with lively support, excited to welcome them in the New Year.

Next up - the now in form Glossop!

Dark Arts Advocate

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #4 on: November 20, 2023, 06:24:52 PM
What on earth has happened to Scarbs?
Is BRB still posting on this forum?
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • A little respect please...
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
Reply #5 on: November 21, 2023, 12:12:09 PM
All part of the Rope A Dope master plan (the meaning of which is known to those of a certain age.)
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #6 on: November 21, 2023, 05:24:43 PM
What on earth has happened to Scarbs?
Is BRB still posting on this forum?

Yes I'm still posting. I've got be honest it's easier to find time for the forum when you have excited victories to talk (gloat) about 😞.

However, imagine the celebration when we come roaring back to trouble the dizzying heights of 10th place and safety...💪🍾

Not a lot has gone our way this season. Very very unsettled side not helped by two red cards now (often happens to teams at the bottom, desperation and trying too hard).

Having said that, we had a decent side out on Saturday away to Glossop but by all accounts didn't really make it off the bus.

Still a long way to go and I would say I'm optimistic rather than confident that we will turn it around.

Looking to next season our current junior colts are an amazing side with all of them being 17/18 next season we should have a lot of young talent to call on.

Following team sports leads to rollercoaster seasons. Every club takes their turn at being at the bottom and at the end of the day two teams have to go down. Everyone at Scarborough will be doing what we can to support the boys to make sure that we are not one of those two teams ..🫰🫰🫰🫰
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.