$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Cas Blobbed

Cas Blobbed

This is a discussion for the topic Cas Blobbed on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Cas Blobbed  (Read 2808 times)

Dropped It

• Forum old hand
  • Can't catch, won't kick.
on: November 24, 2023, 03:05:06 PM
Cas have blobbed today on the Cup fixture tomo but their twos are down to play Rish Seconds? Both us and Rishies not getting a game this weekend I assume?

Ribbflagman

• A little respect please...
Reply #1 on: November 24, 2023, 06:39:05 PM
Just shows that the county comps have no future unless something radically changes. Years ago a team would love to have a crack at a team higher than them given the current league standings. Castleford themselves have caused many upsets over the years. How times have changed and what a poor show not blobbing until Friday evening,. In my opinion its very disrespectful of the team you were supposed to be travelling to. Its only a hop skip and a jump from Cas to Fax so travellitis cannot be blamed. Maybe its the total apathy for the county cup comps. Maybe a move back to 14 team leagues in Yorkshire is the solution. But hey ho ho ho that has been dissed many times already by the powers who really matter. Never mind what the majority of clubs want.

oneoftheoldfarts

• One of the boys
Reply #2 on: November 25, 2023, 06:06:19 PM
Perhaps the Cash budget doesn’t stretch to Cup games.

Dropped It

• Forum old hand
  • Can't catch, won't kick.
Reply #3 on: November 25, 2023, 07:17:11 PM
So, Cas managed to get a 2nd Team out but not a 1st Team? Odd.
Always thought clubs were meant to honour a first team fixture and seconds if possible?
Meanwhile Vandals club house misses out on takings. 🤔

Ribbflagman

Reply #4 on: November 25, 2023, 11:03:49 PM
Its total lancashire Dropped it. We at North Ribb lost at least £4,000 in gate money, sponsorship and bar takings today as Northallerton decided not to honour their fixture. Despite protestations from the vast majority of Yorkshire clubs to retain 14 team leagues the powers that be wiped 15% off all our income by reducing the league size and introduced a national cup that had 64% of walkovers last year and have stated recently that travel assistance will be given for away matches this season, but, guess what, nobody can tell anyone what the travel assistance will be as "They dont know the budget" as I was told by a county employee only two weeks ago. When I stated that if the clubs dont know what the assistance is and our income has just been reduced by 15% how the hell can clubs make an informed decision on weather or not to enter. I merely got a shrug of the shoulders. no wonder the game is in the state it is when the people in charge cannot answer a simple question that has implications for the grass roots clubs they purport to represent.
Rant over for now. Good luck to Vandals for rest of the season.

oneoftheoldfarts

• One of the boys
Reply #5 on: November 26, 2023, 10:47:40 AM
Could it be that Papa Jon gave a wedge to the RFU but to accommodate it leagues have to reduce. Why don’t we have a rebellion and have 14 in our leagues and stuff crust the pizza money. We need the money not the RFU.

avinastella

Reply #6 on: November 26, 2023, 11:06:08 AM
Could it be that Papa Jon gave a wedge to the RFU but to accommodate it leagues have to reduce. Why don’t we have a rebellion and have 14 in our leagues and stuff crust the pizza money. We need the money not the RFU.
Did you see their representative at the Trophy presentations down at Twickenham. He couldn't have looked more disinterested if he'd tried.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 01:05:35 PM by avinastella »
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Rob13

• Forum old hand
Reply #7 on: November 29, 2023, 11:28:32 PM
As someone that's played at Castleford years ago and currently sponsors a player down there I find it mental to read this.

Clearly the place hasn't learnt it's lessons listening to rumblings lately and Pom would appear to be right.

TheArchitect

• Finding my feet
Reply #8 on: November 30, 2023, 06:47:20 PM
1st team had injuries from the weeks coming into the game so we're unable to field in key areas so I've heard.

2nds is a new long term project with players in these positions that are learning the game. Putting these lads up against experienced opposition would be dangerous at the very least.

Don't remember cas blobbing it when you got beat 17-16 a couple weeks back

You got the win, what more do you want?

oneoftheoldfarts

• One of the boys
Reply #9 on: November 30, 2023, 10:23:44 PM
Guess you are replying to Dropped it, they probably wanted 20 lads to have a game, spectator revenue, sponsor revenue, bar revenue etc. not asking for much is it.

Ribbflagman

Reply #10 on: December 01, 2023, 11:05:01 AM
Architect
              I dont know which planet you reside on but, to play a second team fixture having blobbed omn a first team fixture is a bad show. Its not many moons ago that Cas had four strong teams. To use the excuse that your second team is a long term project demeans their aspirations. To say that they were going in against experienced opposition is a total excuse. I know if the game had been at Cas you would have put a side out and taken the money on the gate/bar/sponsors etc. It really is a poor show and one of the reasons the game at our level is in the state it is.

oneoftheoldfarts

• One of the boys
Reply #11 on: December 01, 2023, 12:39:31 PM
Agree Flagg, not just the lost revenue but also the expense for food and drink encoured.

TheArchitect

• Finding my feet
Reply #12 on: December 02, 2023, 05:11:47 PM
Architect
              I dont know which planet you reside on but, to play a second team fixture having blobbed omn a first team fixture is a bad show. Its not many moons ago that Cas had four strong teams. To use the excuse that your second team is a long term project demeans their aspirations. To say that they were going in against experienced opposition is a total excuse. I know if the game had been at Cas you would have put a side out and taken the money on the gate/bar/sponsors etc. It really is a poor show and one of the reasons the game at our level is in the state it is.

It's a nice theory however if they haven't got the players they haven't got the players location doesn't factor into it.

I think it's great that you have opinions about the second team but quite frankly if you're not around the club I'd refrain from voicing them

Ribbflagman

Reply #13 on: December 03, 2023, 10:06:36 AM
They obviously had the players as they played a 2nd team fixture. I know I am not around the Cas club but it IS A POOR SHOW.  You are not the only ones and it is endemic of the problems our game is facing at the moment. Its easy to see the problems but finding solutions is the real challenge.

Chopper

• Finding my feet
Reply #14 on: December 03, 2023, 06:11:06 PM
They obviously had the players as they played a 2nd team fixture. I know I am not around the Cas club but it IS A POOR SHOW.  You are not the only ones and it is endemic of the problems our game is facing at the moment. Its easy to see the problems but finding solutions is the real challenge.

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you’ve said on this Cas subject, suits them when they don’t want to play but if boot was on other foot they’d be calling out the other team Cas club is a joke by sounds of it, is the money pot running dry